soolie

[Release] Marker Filter system v0.9

Download -

http://bit.ly/MarkerFilter

Instructions -

Add mrkrfilter folder to mission root

Init.sqf

_fltrFnc = [] spawn compile PreprocessFileLineNumbers "mrkrFilter\FLTR_fnc_Main.sqf";
waitUntil {scriptDone _fltrFnc};

Description.ext

class CfgMarkerFilter
{
    #include "mrkrFilter\FLTR_cfg_Main.hpp"
};

Called on the player 

execVM "mrkrFilter\mrkrFilterInit.sqf";

Open FLTR_cfg_Main.hpp in the mrkrFilter folder
Enter existing markers into one of the fields (download has file from the video, so erase any wrong info and enter your own)
Change the displayname variable to edit the group name shown on the UI
Cities are added automatically.

Can define marker group name and which markers are in each group.
Can define which side can see the markers - WEST, EAST, or Default(both).

Markers entered in one of 3 arrays-
By name (easiest but most time consuming),
By type (for the somewhat organized),
By type and color (for the very organized),
As seen in the cfg from the video, you can use a different array for each marker group (for the insanely organized).

• Like 7

Nice....how do you get the info in the tablet? Sorry for my noobness!

Not sure what you mean exactly but I'll try to explain how it works.

The tablet (just a picture)is added to map display.

A gui control(RSCtree) is added on top of that

The info is displayed in the rsctree through fnc calls made when creating the tablet

The fnc calls use the cfg in the spoiler in the first post,  as well as command like allMapMarkers to sort through all the markers,

and decide what shows when. 

• Like 1

Getting ready to release v1.0 

Any feedback on 0.9 would be greatly appreciated.

Great work! This looks useful. Does this work local or global? I have a dedicated server mission with a much simpler marker system that I want to replace.

Great work! This looks useful. Does this work local or global? I have a dedicated server mission with a much simpler marker system that I want to replace.

It is local. You place the markers normally and the functions use setMarkerAlphaLocal to hide or show them.

Downloaded and Tried. I enjoy it. I was trying a addaction hell with global and local but map was hard to keep clean.  The only thing I would add is a disable/enable marker group variable. The effect of which would be to set a defined local variable, to true, on client and enable that markergroup for mid mission marker info update. I.E. Did you finish that get Power Grid Plans mission variable set to true then set _mrkrGroup to show in tree.  I going through your code but config functions is my weakness and I apparently there are some tv.. commands I have never used for some bad ass tree display. It is very educational but...

this looks to be a very useful tool ill suggest it to our mod line for testing, the implications of this addon are good for pilots an infantry alike

That is excactly what I hoped BIS would implement together with the draw line feature.

Looks very neat. Gonna try it out!

hey bud would you be kind enough to give an in depth tutorial on how to get this working from the download

Downloaded and Tried. I enjoy it. I was trying a addaction hell with global and local but map was hard to keep clean.  The only thing I would add is a disable/enable marker group variable. The effect of which would be to set a defined local variable, to true, on client and enable that markergroup for mid mission marker info update.

Thanks for the input :) I like that idea and will work on adding it in.

hey bud would you be kind enough to give an in depth tutorial on how to get this working from the download

Going to make a video tutorial.

Hi maybe 

I would never have an answer but when I spawn my pad is not there. I think it is because of "execVM "mrkrFilter\mrkrFilterInit.sqf";" I'm on altis life and I write it in "initPlayerLocal.sqf"