Sign in to follow this  
dontknowhow

This movie trailer has been made by an AI

maybe movies can be made entirely by robots, then we can get rid of hollywood?

It can't be worse anyway.

• Like 1

Iam not sure if this is just an AI marketing hype, especially when the movie itself is about AI intelligence.

Iam not sure if this is just an AI marketing hype, especially when the movie itself is about AI intelligence.

don't know about the movie, but the trailer has been made by an AI, and they sort of explain how. I only wonder how autonomous that AI was.

If the AI really did everything or close I don't see much of a hype. I just find it hard to believe it.

@2:33 "Watson is the tool thats helping to arrange the visuals but it still needs the human element, so then I can come in and just supervise the creative aspect of it".

@2:33 "Watson is the tool thats helping to arrange the visuals but it still needs the human element, so then I can come in and just supervise the creative aspect of it".

well spotted. Still quite impressive though.

Well, Im not too sure it is that impressive. To supervise the creative aspect is quite broad. I was left with the impression that Watson finds scenes of different emotions, and then a human puts them in a good order. So its impossible to say how much is ai and how much is human, but I bet it is much human as the creative bit is the thing that makes it all work.

They gave a good feeling of a smart Watson AI which made that trailer so much more eerie, and it really got my attention. Then that guy told us that creative bit and I was left with a feeling they had to say it to not get in trouble with false advertising or something(?). It is very clever to claim an AI made the trailer for a movie like that! They did use an AI, but did the AI really create the trailer? Not too sure.

Well, Im not too sure it is that impressive. To supervise the creative aspect is quite broad. I was left with the impression that Watson finds scenes of different emotions, and then a human puts them in a good order. So its impossible to say how much is ai and how much is human, but I bet it is much human as the creative bit is the thing that makes it all work.

I agree, it's not very clear. But at least the part where the most relevant scenes are identified should be done by Watson autonomously, as far as I understand. From what I gather Watson takes the scenes, and the guys puts them together in a trailer.

I think in this case the main question is how many scenes did Watson select? Did the guy end up watching the whole movie? :-)

They gave a good feeling of a smart Watson AI which made that trailer so much more eerie, and it really got my attention. Then that guy told us that creative bit and I was left with a feeling they had to say it to not get in trouble with false advertising or something(?). It is very clever to claim an AI made the trailer for a movie like that! They did use an AI, but did the AI really create the trailer? Not too sure.

Yes, that was a bit misleading. Building the whole trailer would be an amazing feature, as it means implementing some creativity into the AI. But if Watson can really understand the scenes it's still quite cool.

Too bad they don't say more. Maybe it is just marketing.

But the Jeopardy thing was not bad at all:

Yes too bad they didnt say more about it, so I agree on that it is probably a bit misleading.

But I do like the trailer as it is really good, and the fact that an ai was involved made it better for sure!! Regardless of Watsons level of involvement it made it much more scary :)