Goro

Possible Suttering/Low FPS fix for AMD/ATI/ASUS users.

Hi, so this gave me quite a few frames. From 40 in SP missions to 50, 30 to 35 in MP, and from 100 to 120 on Empty Map. It works on all games, for me atleast.

Here are the steps I made:

1)Download RadeonPro and install it.

2)Create an Arma 3 profile

3)Next thing you do is click on that profile and go to Tweaks.

4)Disable VSync and toggle Dynamic FrameRate Control.

Now focus here.

Set your max frames to your Monitor hz (Let's refer to it as x) x2 +1, for example if you have 60 hz you may want to have 121 max frames.

So we've got up with this formula:

2x + 1 = max frames

OPTIONAL:

If you expierence low FPS:

5)Go to Visual Settings, set the Anisotropic Filtering to X4 or X8.

6)Set the Tesselation control to OFF.

7)Disable VSync here aswell

8)Turn on SMAA and get it on ULTRA, Disable FFAA effects in Game if you do that step.

9)Enable SweetFX. It makes look arma way cooler.

10)Now go to Advanced tab. Tick Anisotropic filtering and Trilinear optimization.

11)Set the mipmap quality to High Quality. Doesn't effect your FPS that much.

That's it, hope it'll also help you. Have a great day!

Now focus here.

Set your max frames to your Monitor hz (Let's refer to it as x) x2 +1, for example if you have 60 hz you may want to have 121 max frames.

So we've got up with this formula:

2x + 1 = max frames

Why though?

uh. I guess this might be helpful to some, though changing some settings simply helps to alleviate the bottleneck in whatever component is holding your frames down. Drawing things with the CPU is never a good use of cycles that could be spent doing other things such as AI calculations. Some settings move things to CPU when put to higher settings, others move to GPU, you need to simply play with it and figure out what works for your own system. There is no one size fits all solution, at least on the PC.

The rule of thumb with AMD cards boils down to: disable tesselation. It's the biggest bottleneck compared to NVidia cards.