soronelite

[WIP] =ARC= Farkhar Valley

HI,

A lot of bug on the cities to the east and some caves, it will be corrected in the day.

@bumgie : We work on the satellite, the textures and the terrain, but we do it little by little.

I tested this map with various mods and I really like the built up town areas. It is a lot of fun for skirmishes. I do agree the ground texturing needs work... especially the mountains. 

Maybe you can just use the default Altis and Stratis ground textures instead? Because that way we can also use Bad Benson's mid level textures. It would make the distance and empty areas a LOT better looking from far away.

9ECEF31C5A25764975D5C1997A8CDE34A5D832A5

And / Or you can increase the draw distance allowed for the grass so it would cover it up. The layout and details are very good. Only the low resolution ground texture make its look like it was from OPFOR days!

Hi !
Update soon.

Add:
- new city to the west
- 2 new villages in the east
- 95% main valley completed
- death valley 60% complete
- observation point (wip)

fix:
- houses in mata, chalmjey

Thank you for keeping us informed of all bug
Regards,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is a video of the progress of the observation point, which will be accessible from the air and the earth

• Like 1

On 26/04/2018 at 6:50 PM, Casseburne said:

Hi,

Alpha 0.3 release.

ADDED:
* New villages
* New valley inspired by MoH (WIP) 80%
* Main valley 95% finished
* Observation Point

Link : ARC Farkhar Valley

Workshop : Steam

Regards,

Thanks for the update. I tried to download from the non-workshop link (ressources.arc-arma.fr) but the dowload keeps failings after a few minutes. Not sure if it's an issue on my side.

40 minutes ago, sparfell_19 said:

Thanks for the update. I tried to download from the non-workshop link (ressources.arc-arma.fr) but the dowload keeps failings after a few minutes. Not sure if it's an issue on my side.

It's works fine for me. (maybe security tool which block your download)

Hi,

Alpha 0.4 release.

ADDED:
* New villages
* New valley inspired by MoH 
* Main valley finished (maybe some houses to imprement + the land to modify )
* Observation Point surrounding

FIX:

* Observation Point

* Main valley finished

Link : ARC Farkhar Valley

Workshop : Steam

Regards,

• Thanks 1

Excellent. Will take a look at the new stuff now.

Thanks for the direct link too-my Steam is being really weird at the moment ;)

Edit: Damn! Impressive work! The large town in particular looks fantastic. The winding streets make it very authentic feeling.

• Like 1

Hi all !

Summer updates !

Alpha 0.5 release (18|July|2018)

ADDED:

* New villages (Southe East and North East)

FIX:

* FOB DENVER

• Like 6

Hi all !!

Alpha 0.6 release (01|Oct|2018)

ADDED:

FIX:

* Sat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi all !!

Alpha 0.7 release (13|Oct|2018)

Short update with the addition of persistent terrain outside map. 

(The outer texture will be changed later)

ADDED :

vegetation in the mountains

• Like 3

Hi all !!

Alpha 0.7 release (05|Nov|2018)

ADDED:

* Rocks and vegetations on moutain (WIP)

FIX:

* Sat (with road) WIP

Late evening download available

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

New update for Christmas!

Alpha 0.8 release (24|Dec|2018)

ADDED:

* New villages

(North)
* Moutains
FIX:
* Sat 8K
* Texture 

Have nice holiday :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

New Update !

Add of 2 large villages in the North East. Always in WIP.

Tell us what you think in comments!

Thanks to JO_CMD for this add!

Have Nice Holiday!

• Like 2

I have in love of playing with this map until you built this huge mountainside mosque or temple. For me, it alone ruined my expectations in this project. I never played MoH or CoD, so maybe this thing is a inspiration from there, I don't know. But to be utmost honest, I feel sad for having this thinge in here.

These are all just be feelings/opinions, I'm not blaming/or bashing on devs or anyone. I thxful for all the works and investments you put in this. Just expressed what I felt, thx again

Thank you for your return, I take note but I am waiting to have several return the top before modifying a few things

I just "discovered" this map, but it is becoming quickly my favorite. It has a bit of everything....and if you've been playing this game since OFP it feels like home.

It is not perfect...jet...and, sure, there are some texture improvements to be made...BUT...

...some UNIQUE features like the above-mentioned mosque -rocky complex are "tools" very well usable by mission makers, Not to mention ground for some fun battles.

I'll say KEEP UP with those "expectations breaker" features..IMHO it's what makes this map MY favorite.

• Like 2

Hi All!!

Finally after 2 and a half years the card is finally finished!

There may still be some bugs but the main thing is done! Thank you for supporting us for this project 🙂

Regards,

• Like 4

On 6/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, zagor64bz said:

I just "discovered" this map, but it is becoming quickly my favorite. It has a bit of everything....and if you've been playing this game since OFP it feels like home.

It is not perfect...jet...and, sure, there are some texture improvements to be made...BUT...

...some UNIQUE features like the above-mentioned mosque -rocky complex are "tools" very well usable by mission makers, Not to mention ground for some fun battles.

I'll say KEEP UP with those "expectations breaker" features..IMHO it's what makes this map MY favorite. 

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS REPLY PEOPLES! IT WAS WROTE BY A DUDE WHO IS HAVING A PERIOD 

I MEAN vvv THIS COMMENT BELOW vvv

Yeah, maybe each for their own. I just said what I think, nothing more. But why did you mentioned my opinion like a wrong one? No one opinion is wrong. In fact, same human in the whole world would be a fucking boring place to live in. And you also seems really happy about my expectations breaking, why? I mean why are you passively so aggressive? The devs himself didn't even care to say anything bad about my opinion really. Guess he knows it was just an opinion, not a criticism or an insult (I don't have anything to do that on the modders, as they are giving us all these for free). Afterall it's all up to the maker.

Then you come out of nowhere and suggestion the dev to do more expectations breakers? Don't you see I didn't even angry for breaking my expectation!!!? Wow!  Cmom, give me a break. Just tell me you don't like me like a true male. But I mean, WHY???!! That's what I'm surprising for now, *WHY... Why in stranger you never know (will never be know/seen in whole life till death)!? I rarely say anything to people online as I don't know anything about them, and they don't know anything about me. Not even a twist talk like you did (cmom..., you're a true male, right? Tell me you direct at me).

I'll never ever comment  about how wrong someone's opinion *just after* they expressed. Where the freedom of expression I mean!? If you did your comment after couple comments from mine, then I'll ignore what you said. But just after I made my comment??! Comm, just answer YOURSELF why. Do I even deserve this? What had I done to deserve my expectations to be break again and again? Aren't we all fellow human beings, living on this same tiny planet in the middle of nowhere? You just making my surprise!

I don't care when did people started playing a certain game! I just love the Arma and it's mod (and the makers of cuz), That's all the reason I'm on here and that's what having in my head all the time while on this forum. Never ever directed to anyone with my comment in the past! Not even a once! So I think I also don't deserve to be on the receiving side,... is it reasonable? I just don't understand why was my opinion on mountainside temple triggered you to indirectly teased me (you born male right? So I guess you'll come out guilty of indirect insult. If you're a female, its ok, I'll pass all this conversation, and just call me a loser). I have thinking all my life male talk in the face, and even then, they definitely have solid backup reason behind it. But now you just got into an argument with random stranger you never know if exist.

Yes I can just ignored a mare stranger's comment. Direct at me or not. But as for me, I feel like I didn't deserve to be in the receiving side as i haven't done the same to anyone. I have always been rational. Never done something that'll result a bad environment(like you just did).

You're the one who direct at me in your last paragraph, when I haven't say anything bad (not even a twist one like a weak unmale do) to anyone. I love arma3 . As a partly Buddhist, I learned from my young age how to be thxful for those who make contributions to a community I'm in/at. That reason alone can solidified the fact that I'll never ever talk bad about the Arma modders.

If you're a Dev, I'll be currently being sorry for my comment(if what I said was felt in a bad way by the contributor of what I have using, for free). But you're not a maker or contributed anything that if my possession.  That's why I'm clearly feel like you're in the good side with me, after you expressed of wanting more and more of my expectations to be break.  Simply what's up with you huh?

I just couldn't understand why people these days just couldn't ignore someone opinion they see online (yes, on the internet where shit loads of people say all things random). And I'm also not a person who has done something stupid on anywhere (no reason to insult me). Just made a couple comments on what I see/think/want on here and there. So why all that grunge against me huh? Cmom, say like a true male if your mum born a real true male. Where's all the grunge against me come from huh? White Knight Pfft!

Btw mind my English, not a native speaker myself. You can ignore my comment if my English are bad to the point of not understandable. 

Also keep in mind though, I clearly didn't started this bad environment, at all. For me, my comment(simply an expression) also doesn't seem like a bad thing for the modders. In utmost fact, if this dude didn't wrote his last couple lines, I'll still be forget about what I had wrote/expressed here, this day would be like everyday I've lived. But I just couldn't ignore the notification, and the feeling  that I haven't done/said/referred/directed anything bad to anyone. I have nothing to be sorry here for my contributor as I never said bad things on them. Just this stranger.... where does this stranger come from!? and wanting more of my expectations to be break? Never remember we've been in a fight., or been a enemy. I only see someone just come out of nowhere and bash on me. As simple as that.

You'll think I'm over reacting, but think again! I haven't say anything bad to anyone here, or anywhere! Feel it and you'll see how justified my reaction really is. Sorry if this makes a bad environment, not me really

Thx you for the contributions Dev, I still using your map even though I'm not I'm that temple (still I wouldn't deny the fact that someone love it, also wouldn't blame about it (nothing to blame about it) cuz I know I'm not living alone in this planet. And as the most intelligent species on the planet if not I'm whole of the milky way, it's the must that we definitely have different opinions with each other). Ill no problem with you still keep that thing up there if majority like that feature. Afterall modders are to prioritized the majority. I completely understand that (never said/act like I'm angry about it really. I just still couldn't understand how did I make someone interested in me/my opinion)

Edited by Bukain
On menstruation

1 hour ago, Bukain said:

Yeah, maybe each for their own. I just said what I think, nothing more. But why did you mentioned my opinion like a wrong one? No one opinion is wrong.....

GEEZZZZZ DUDE...CHILL DA F**K OUT....hahahaha...c'mon man... I basically say EXACTLY what you're saying: some features of this map, like the  (and I quote) "huge mountainside mosque or temple" give you "sad feelings...and ruined expectations", for me those are the things that made me like this map. Like you say, to each his own. So, no need for the WALL OF TEXT (which frankly, didn't even finish reading...sorry, at my age I get annoyed quickly), unless you're a 13-year-old kid with puberty issues...

Anyhow..PEACE AND LOVE BROTHER..IT'S ALL GOOD NOW!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

OKkk, whatever. I just annoyed easily by your last lines really(maybe my comprehensive skill kicks in?).

All good here, no problem at all if you're responding like this afterall. 

Btw not a 13yrs old though,m 30. About that issue?, I don't really sure lol

Cheers dude, just having a bad day and your comment just come out.

note though; used to get high marks in essay back in the school, maybe that's the real problem here hahah . Peace

14 hours ago, Bukain said:

Btw not a 13yrs old though,m 30. About that issue?, I don't really sure lol

HAHAHAHAHA...usually peoples that over-react at the slightest provocation are baby bullies with that cute  "punk-attitude" that we all love... but you don't seem to be one of them, after all.😜

Peace brotha!!!

ps: "not a 13yrs old though,m 30"....good for you bud..I wish I was still that young.I'm WAY over that....😭