Mootaz25kh

Arma 3 Lack lot of Realisim

Hello I'm playing Arma 3 since 2014  and i played many other games to me Arma 3 is the best but sadly it lack lot of realisim 

1st of Soldier Movements like climbing and jumping 

2 Vehicle damage is unreal for example when MRAPS got hit the IED in real life the vehicle don't go boom with flame but just got dameged and some of  the soldiers die not all like in arma 

for example from turkey 

PKK planted and exploded more than 300kg explosive to road and targeted Kirpi MRAP !

FPUSL_1442310275_5223.jpg

Kirpi took serious damage and broken into two pieces while crew compartment remains one block !

0ayWN_1442310278_0142.jpg 61580_40023_15092015115023_0.jpg

No any single soldier died, but wounded 

why in arma vehicles go boom in flame 

3 Helicopter Crashs why just when they touch the ground go in flame directly that is unrealistic 

and of course they are factore to surviving crash like speed altitued and cause of crashing like if mechanical or missile  or pilot failure ....

4 Tank damage why no cook off no flying turrets 

https://youtu.be/z3AJfTBig0E

and many other things need to be improved for more realisim 

and if any other think if somthing to be improved share it 

• Like 2

There are a lot of variables in what you're stating.

If we're going to get technical, the amount of damage to any vehicle and those riding it in take from a IED, humvees included, depends on the size of the IED itself, how well armored the vehicle is and where the vehicle is over the explosion.These are a lot of variables that make no two explosions the same. All this aside, while I'm not a modder, I would think the modifications to a vehicles model to allow for a different damage points to replicate what you're looking for as well as the CPU efforts to track and implement said damage points seems to be a frame killer.

If you're having issues with helicopters, I can see the frustrations with that. There were two qualified pilots in the last group I was with who often noted Arma helos couldn't take the roughness they would use in flying the real life counterparts, taking damage too easily. But my next sentence goes to what we would all say.

This is a game that has to work over a range of PC's. Its not meant to be a real life simulation. Both of these will limit whats implemented and certainly should be considered when setting expectations. If you know of a sandbox military simulation PC title BI and modders could look to as inspiration to what you want in a game, that would help everyone see what you're trying to say.

If there isn't a title that does what you're looking for, there's probably a good reason why.

As the person posted above, it is just a game.

Explosion+flames is a way to say that this vehicle is totally incapacitated. May could be improved with smoke effects when motor is damaged, or fire without explosion if the fuel tank get enought damage, that could implement a Fire Protection System.

About helicopter Advanced Flight model allow to take harder landings.

about Vehicle IED damage yeah that  i think the hardest work 

about  the tank cook off i got the idea from WOT this a short video how it look https://youtu.be/28E3nPL7DOs so it's not impossible to implement 

about Vehicle IED damage yeah that  i think the hardest work 

about  the tank cook off i got the idea from WOT this a short video how it look https://youtu.be/28E3nPL7DOs so it's not impossible to implement 

Good, so we all can look forward to your mod making that possible.

• Like 9

Seriously mate, you claim that Arma lacks 'a lot of realism' because it doesn't destroy the vehicles the way you would like?

Then you pull out a World of Tanks video as something you'd like? Let's think about all of the things the Arma devs have to develop....everything.............................. and then think about what the WoT devs have to develop....tanks.

• Like 1

Most of your points are already managed in ACE & Enhanced Mvement etc. Try modding the game and see how much it improves :-) good luck.

Yes, vehicle damage needs work, but some of this is fixed by mods. Also, you don't get a "flying turret" with modern tanks anymore (though in the RHS mods, it happens with older Soviet tanks). For example, in an M1 Abrams, damage from ammo cookoff is reduced by blowout panels. In theory, it can have an ammo explosion and still have the crew survive. World of Tanks is a WWII game, so it's a pretty bad example for things ArmA-related, seeing as A3 is set in the future. Don't expect a T-100 to have much to do with a T-34 in terms of the damage model.

• Like 1

Have you ever tried climbing or jumping in full kit? Have fun!

And MRAPs are great against IEDs but I have seen them go boom as well. 

Either way its a video game, no recreating will be exactly like real life. Your gunna find things that don't match up.  You want stepping on a rock and turning an ankle to be on the game? Forcing you to slow down the rest of your team for the night? lol 

Have you ever tried climbing or jumping in full kit? Have fun!

And MRAPs are great against IEDs but I have seen them go boom as well. 

Either way its a video game, no recreating will be exactly like real life. Your gunna find things that don't match up.  You want stepping on a rock and turning an ankle to be on the game? Forcing you to slow down the rest of your team for the night? lol 

I served in Tunisian army so i know it's hard ... ( as conscript infantryman )

it depends in the size of the IED that hit the mrap

and yeah it's video game and i love it 

Survivors of IED attack are incapable to fight due to wounds and what not. This is manifested in the game as death. 

Survivors of IED attack are incapable to fight due to wounds and what not. This is manifested in the game as death. 

i know story confured by eye witness here in tunisia last week a army mrap embushed using ieds  the survivors fight off the terrorist so it depend on the wound bu in game yeah manifested  as death.

You know...there is VBS3 and Steelbeast Pro, if you need hyper realism that's above and beyond video game industry...

Or we can just settle with ACE3 and RHS.

Closing - we have had these sort of threads before. Please search before creating duplicate threads.

• Like 2