duda123

Sky Hook Addon WIP (fulton extraction)

Development page to track progress on sky hook addon (MP + SP + Server-Side Only Addon)

• Like 13

duda the rope guy!

Nothing but innovative creations from you mate, fantastic stuff!

Yeah!!! Nice, very nice. Once the texture hashed out on balloons, think maybe some kind of attached smoke device to help guide a/c during the day and some type of IR strobe/grenade for night? It looks like maybe you're thinking group extraction? Moving off from the real-life use, I can picture use as medical extraction (a little rough, but hey beats dead). Could pull player into and ACE designated medical vehicle for advanced treatment etc... Still looks great for hostage/HVT/type extractions. Looking great man...

Once the texture hashed out on balloons, think maybe some kind of attached smoke device to help guide a/c during the day and some type of IR strobe/grenade for night?

I don't think the Fulton system had such features in RL. It had only orange flag attached to the rope at 425 feet of its length where an aircraft was to aimed at. Please correct me if I am wrong but group extraction seems to be to hazardous and never happend in RL. It's one man-one approach system.

I don't think the Fulton system had such features in RL. It had only orange flag attached to the rope at 425 feet of its length where an aircraft was to aimed at. Please correct me if I am wrong but group extraction seems to be to hazardous and never happend in RL. It's one man-one approach system.

Well this the Armaverse not everything has to be the same as RL ;)

• Like 2

NightIntruder,

See this thread https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193784-spie-addon/  where this all started in post #10, we are all well aware of what this system "really" does, "magic ropes" duda123 is just taking it in some creative areas for FUN.

Oh yeah and that's 2 men being extracted from a 2-harness-one-rope setup in the video ;) so...

• Like 2

Well this the Armaverse not everything has to be the same as RL ;)

Yea. I agree that the author of the addon decides whether he want it for fun, make it realistic or in regards to people's requests/demands/threats ;) If I was in his shoes I would make it realistic since he makes something that existed in RL and was used, he doesn't make magic portal. Actually, creating the only boat existed in the game to make it driveable only on roads would be ... huh... but, hey - you are right: it's up to addon maker what he wants to do with his addon. It doesn't have to be "realistic" ;)

Oh yeah and that's 2 men being extracted from a 2-harness-one-rope setup in the video ;) so...

Yeaa, I was refering to several ropes being caught by an airplane simultanuesly. But I didn't think that it could be 2 harnesses on 1 rope. My bad, I am stand corrected :)

It seems that only "cargo" weight limits the system then?

SPIE and FULTON are quite different systems of extraction - to be honest I didn't heard any helo making fulton extract ever :) balloon & rope veeery near rotor??? Hmm for me it's like hoping for crash :)

SPIE and FULTON are quite different systems of extraction - to be honest I didn't heard any helo making fulton extract ever :) balloon & rope veeery near rotor??? Hmm for me it's like hoping for crash :)

Reeling in the rope using the heli rotor isn't a good idea? :)

On 9/1/2016 at 4:09 AM, NightIntruder said:

You are right that the STARS used flags in the day, but it also used lights in the night. In addition, STARS could extract up to 2 operatives at a time when the OND adopted it.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 8:50 AM, golas said:

SPIE and FULTON are quite different systems of extraction - to be honest I didn't heard any helo making fulton extract ever 🙂 balloon & rope veeery near rotor??? Hmm for me it's like hoping for crash 🙂

Also if you are in range for a helicopter, why not just land it and if you can't, McGuire, SPIE, or STABO them. The purpose of STARS was to allow long-range aircraft to extract ground assets in places where they couldn't land and helicopters were out of range.

• Like 1