Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Post Apocalyptic Units

Ok so Icebreakr asked if I can work on some post apocalypse units and this lit up my modding spark. While I don't have time to work on own models, the A2 / OA files really offer a lot of content that I can cannibalize for some post apocalpytic work. Thanks to BIS and the detailed example models for A3 I was quick to have a first go at some modding again.

Cars or static objects are out of the scope of this for time reasons. My aim is to create a first faction with a few different units and then see how I get on. I don't have my old files anymore, it's a complete reboot :) . 

next working on:

• hand anims
  • LoDs
  • some config work
  • wound rvmats
  • uniform adjustments so the vest doesn't clip anymore)
  • more unit variation
  • weapons

PS: I experienced some addon theft in the past, with people claiming some addon work as their own or monetizing it / uploading it on Steam Workshop. If there's a good chance this happens again, not a good chance I will continue on this, let's see  :huh:

Having said that, let's see some stuff. Work will go slow, but I have some screens of a first unit to share.

Faction: Remnants

The remnants use a lot of (Western) pre-war gear and are probably equipped the best to deal with the dangers of living in a postapocalyptic work.

Soldier with goggles (red tinted goggles inspired by Fallout New Vegas)

kMIoEeP.jpg

Soldier / no helmet
mSLmvK3.jpg

Soldier w goggles again / no weapons
3ma9Pyw.jpg
  • Like 15

Ty, it's really most of Johnny's work I am reusing here. The links seems broken but hah yep that bus looks mighty fine  :)

Ty, it's really most of Johnny's work I am reusing here. The links seems broken but hah yep that bus looks mighty fine  :)

Oh right, no idea whats wrong with the link. It was working fine when I accessed Armaholic this morning  :huh:

W00t! So cool IceWindo! I always admire your dedication to modding.

Edit: added two shots from MM game for a bit of inspiration ;)

panel2.jpg

289A31D900000578-3079075-image-a-24_1431

• Like 1