belkon

Arma's Partnership with Valve Anti-Cheat

Three years ago I was banned for cheating on my friend's server trying to get unlimited ammo on DUWS. Since then I have always been trying to get my ban lifted because I think it's completely unjustified. I have tried contacting Battleye multiple times and I have never gotten a response. I gave up a long time ago but today I read something that scared me. SITREP #00171 include a section at the bottom saying that Battleye was now going to transfer over the bans to VAC. This got me extremely frustrated as I was never banned for a good reason in the first place, and now I'm getting punished even more because Battleye refused to answer my support tickets do to their fascist policy. I do not deserve a VAC ban for only trying to have fun with my friends. I'm just wondering how much will this ban affect me and whether or not I have to get a lawyer involved. Because this is absolutely ridiculous.

Players who receive a ban via BattlEye will now also be banned via VAC and will not be able to ask for a refund of the game.

It does say receive and not received, I would guess this is for future bans, just don't do it again and you'll be fine.

I suggest you get a lawyer as soon as possible! I mean really, if you can get a lawyer this morning go for it, or if it is evening at your place make it the first thing you do in the morning.

I think it is time for cheaters to step up and say....No more of this nonsense!

IMHO you should try to have all cheaters unite and make a classact against any anti-cheat and have them forbidden by law in any country. Make something like a world wide class act against it so once won cheaters are at peace again and can savely cheat and enjoy the game without them having to fear their gaming fun is ruined for the pleasures of others who do not cheat for fun.

You could be the one to set it all in action. Think about how great that would be and your name will never be forgotten by your fellow cheaters. Maybe you even get cheats named after you. Like Belkon walkon - keep walking without pressing a button, Belkon sheldon - have a shield without limits, or maybe even belhack, like an uber hack having everything to have fun. I mean.....endless possibilities and it would be ubelkon cool.

Make sure to keep this thread updated with your decissions and actions. I would love to stay informed.

I suggest you get a lawyer as soon as possible! I mean really, if you can get a lawyer this morning go for it, or if it is evening at your place make it the first thing you do in the morning.

IMHO you should try to have all cheaters unite and make a classact against any anti-cheat and have them forbidden by law in any country. Make something like a world wide class act against it so once won cheaters are at peace again and can savely cheat and enjoy the game without them having to fear their gaming fun is ruined for the pleasures of others who do not cheat for fun.

You could be the one to set it all in action. Think about how great that would be and your name will never be forgotten by your fellow cheaters. Maybe you even get cheats named after you. Like Belkon walkon - keep walking without pressing a button, Belkon sheldon - have a shield without limits, or maybe even belhack, like an uber hack having everything to have fun. I mean.....endless possibilities and it would be ubelkon cool.

Make sure to keep this thread updated with your decissions and actions. I would love to stay informed.

Did you even read the first part of my post? I cheated with my friend! I don't cheat normally at all. I did it so me and my friend could have more fun in DUWS. I hate cheaters just as much as you do. And about the legal thing, I was trying to say that I will only lawyer up if this VAC ban affects my steam account to the point it is rendered useless. I have thousands of dollars worth of games on my account

You have a BattleEye global ban? So you can't play on servers, that have BattleEye enabled right? What difference does a VAC Ban make? It's just that Hackers can't refund their game after getting bannend.

Even if you get a VAC Ban for your old cheating, it will not make a difference.

have to get a lawyer involved. Because this is absolutely ridiculous.

Bless! So sweet! What's your UID, so I can ban you from my non Battleye servers.

• Like 3

Oh my sides  :P Foxhound, you've been in the ArmA community for too long :P

In response to OP, Battleye rarely makes a mistake on bans (not that you said they did, you did clearly admit to cheating) and so they don't often if ever lift bans.

If you wanted to cheat on a "friends" server (Battleye's heard this one before) then your friend shouldn't have had battleye turned on. Them be the facts.

These posts genuinely piss me off, especially when you can somehow make battleye the bad guy for doing its job.  :banghead:

This actually made me laugh :D :lol:

A lot.

Had to post this, sorry. A question for the OP; why were you trying to cheat on BE enabled server? Shouldn't your friend who set up the server at least inform you that he has it enabled? If you needed an answer about BE and VAC, you should just ask, not to justify yourself and talking about a lawyer. Sure, get a lawyer involved, this is a battle no lawyer can win, by playing on BE enabled servers, you AGREE to their conditions.

Oh my sides  :P Foxhound, you've been in the ArmA community for too long :P

In response to OP, Battleye rarely makes a mistake on bans (not that you said they did, you did clearly admit to cheating) and so they don't often if ever lift bans.

If you wanted to cheat on a "friends" server (Battleye's heard this one before) then your friend shouldn't have had battleye turned on. Them be the facts.

These posts genuinely piss me off, especially when you can somehow make battleye the bad guy for doing its job.  :banghead:

I understand that Battleye is doing it's job, but it's doing its job far too strictly. I don't understand why they immediately perma ban anyone that gets flagged with the slightest suspicion of cheating. It just seems so wrong. And what annoys me even more is that after they perma ban you they refuse to reply to any emails you send them, leaving you completely in the dark.

They do reply to emails which are worth replying to. I guarantee that your email contained "I cheated" within it. Why should they waste their time replying to that? You've practically answered your own question of why you were banned. And finally, why would they believe you? What makes you different from the last cheater who proclaimed it was 'only' on his friends server?

If you needed unlimited ammo to "Test" something there are legitimate ways in which this can be done without the requirement to cheat

You obviously attempted to use some form of cheat engine (This begs the question why did you have it in the first place?)

The current anti cheat system is well documented, so you have no excuse for being banned by it.

You were basically an idiot and have to live with the consequences of your actions, this in the real world ( Where liberal touchy feely do gooders have less input) is called taking responsibility for your actions, it's what Men do and this is a mans world and eventually you will have to become one.

This also raises concerns about your attitude towards others and your approach to online gaming. You have or had a selfish unthoughtful approach to other gamers and an unhealthy attitude towards online gaming, most communities do not want this type of player in their communities for good reason, especially a game like arma which is team centric.

You have been in this community for 2 years and from what I can tell, this is the first time you have ever posted. Again this points to poor character, 

Your obviously moving into a more mature world now and will change for the better as you mature like millions before you, as did I (But I never cheated)

This is the cold stark reality of the real world is (Unprotected by teachers and parents)

Looks like creating a new steam account, buying the game again and approaching your online gaming with a more mature, considerate and less selfish attitude :)

• Like 1