kromka

Couple of problems.

1. Curently game works that way:
I hold the finger above something, "move mode" is turned on and I can move something.

Problem is when I want to move something small (especially piece of wall) I don't see where I place it because my finger covers my view. Similar thing happens when I move turrets, mortars or something relative small.

Solution:

when "move mode" is turned on, automatically pull out moving object couple pixels out of the finger and then move this object parallely to the finger.

2. It would be good to add an option "gather all" to factories. I really don't want to press "gather" on every factory.

3. Why there is so few national flags? There is no Czech, Polish and so on...

4. There is no warning just before removing someone from the clan.

5. It would be good if there would be an option of removal all animations (especially flying choppers, drones, partrols).

6. I can't watch replays of some battles where I were a defender.

• Like 1

7. just like Dnyjec said...

8. It would be much better if player could tap on the unit's tile instead of extreme small exclamation mark in the top right corner to watch info about this unit.

Hello! First of all thanks for feedback and your interest in the game. Thanks to our community we can make our games even better! And now to give you some answers.

1. "...when "move mode" is turned on, automatically pull out moving object couple pixels out of the finger and then move this object parallely to the finger.:

A: Thanks for feedback, we're trying some improvements for UI and overall player experience.

2. It would be good to add an option "gather all" to factories. I really don't want to press "gather" on every factory.

A: At the moment this solution is not considered but it may change in future.

3. Why there is so few national flags? There is no Czech, Polish and so on...

A: At the moment we're not considering adding more flags due to a chance to slower the mobile device performance but it may change in future.

4. There is no warning just before removing someone from the clan.

A: We'll look into it, thanks for mentioning it.

5. It would be good if there would be an option of removal all animations (especially flying choppers, drones, partrols).

A: We can consider that option for future updates, but it's not planned at the moment.

6. I can't watch replays of some battles where I were a defender.

A: Replays are stored on the server for a limited time and option to watch them will disappear after 2-3 weeks. They can also become unavailable if the battle happened on a client no longer supported.

7. Also fix the 555 error code. Connection is fine and then mid battle I get the 555 error.

A: If the error happens while your connection is fine, please report to our support on: support@bistudio.com with details about the situation when it happened. This way we can find and fix the issue faster. Thanks.

8. It would be much better if player could tap on the unit's tile instead of extreme small exclamation mark in the top right corner to watch info about this unit.

A: Similar to question 1) - we're working on improving the UI and player experience and this will be one of things we want to improve in future updates.

I hope you found some of the needed information and if you have more questions and suggestions, feel free to post them here.

WE NEED BETTER EVENTS!!!

I heard FACTION WARS is coming but it may be too late when it does.

I have lost hundreds of Alliance members bc they think the game is stale, since pvp is the only option.

They tend to mention the AI isn't great, I agree but compared to other games like this it's really not that bad.

Please save this game by getting FACTION WARS out ASAP.

Hello Quantumdots! We understand your concerns and we're working on new interesting features for future updates so players have more options of what do in the game. We're also still tweaking AI to present the best possible experience from battles.  ;)

Hi Thales,

I've got two points...

1.)

I feel like the "Preferred Target" Radius is too small. When Attacking with a Helicopter, it often generously ignores Defence-Buildings and prioritizes on attacking barracks or HQs (generally speaking: Non-Defence Buildings).

2.)

Make more AAA available earlier. People (me too) tend to rush lower players with Helicopters, often 6 or more. It takes very long until you can build more than 2 AAAs, and upgrading them is expensive and time-consuming.

Autocannons help a bit, but I never saw that a helo got downed by ACs only. The Missile Launcher is a "bad joke" against helos (Launcher on Level 2 fires 2 times until destroyed by a level 1 helo)

Otherwise fine, though I had expected a little more of the tank-drone :)

Best Regards,

MojoQ

BTW: Nice to see you guys are doing fencing and larp too, over there :)

I get a lot of 'flashing' elements especially when grabbing fuel and resources. If I have something else 'selected' and tap on those to collect, it will flash and keep flashing until i select something else.

Also when you bring app to forefront when running in BG, it won't show the 'Collect us' cans and boxes on your resources buildings, but their first 'tap' action does the usual collection action that would happen when those icons appear. (does that make sense?)

Hello MojoQ and Subodai!

To answer questions from MojoQ first:

1.) I feel like the "Preferred Target" Radius is too small. When Attacking with a Helicopter, it often generously ignores Defence-Buildings and prioritizes on attacking barracks or HQs (generally speaking: Non-Defence Buildings).

A: Unfortunately the Helicopter Drone had a wrong description and in reality has no favourite target so we fixed the text and it should be corrected in 1.4.0 update.

2.) Make more AAA available earlier. People (me too) tend to rush lower players with Helicopters, often 6 or more. It takes very long until you can build more than 2 AAAs, and upgrading them is expensive and time-consuming.
Autocannons help a bit, but I never saw that a helo got downed by ACs only. The Missile Launcher is a "bad joke" against helos (Launcher on Level 2 fires 2 times until destroyed by a level 1 helo)

A: Thanks for feedback. We'll look into it some more with our QA and if necessary we'll make some adjustments of that.  :)

About the issue Subodai encountered:

Not completely sure about how the issue looks like but I don't believe this was reported before. Can you please contact our support on: support@bistudio.com and describe what's happening in detail, possibly add a screenshot of the issue if you have any? This will help us to find the issue and fix it.

1) Agree with conclusion about AA guns. Additionally I've found pattern how to loot low level players with choppers. I don't want to reveal it here but there is one. And it is very efficient.

2) What is point of saving units?

Cost of building the helicopter is 25K, and repair 22,5K. Practically there is no difference.

Later when I have 4 high level offices also there is no benefit I can rebuild my army of heli faster (using also barracks)

This should be balanced.

3) Sometimes after moving buildings, borders around all buildings in the base left visible. I don't know specific procedure of reproduction but I suspect it is somehow connected with dragging building to the another building and cancelation of this dragging.

Hi kromka!

If you have found some way of how to use helicopter drones in the way you find more of an exploit than a good competitive gameplay, you can send me a private message about it and we can focus with our QA to test it. About saving units - it surely makes more sence for soldier units because they can gain experience and become stronger this way but we can surely give the whole process another look. And finally I reported your third issue to our QA to test it and try to find a repro steps for it. Thanks for feedback! ;)  

Here are my two five cents. Some of the points were already mentioned but they still strongly affect the gameplay.

1. Under an active protection, there is a notification that it will be lost if you attack someone. The notification isn't shown for revenge and the protection is lost even if you decide not to attack.

2. Why upgrade gains, e.g. for plants, are so uneven? The progression of +600, +200, +600, +1100 feels to be very strange. It seems that it also happens with some units but I didn't get to that point yet. The sequence of  +200, +600, +800, ... is more logical.

3. Even after the recent buff the ground army is extremely weak. Some kind of a medic squad could help. The helicopter drones are the only way to take over a strong base. 1.40: I just saw what the latest update did. It seems that the rocket team is much stronger now against helicopters if set in a pillbox. Hard to say how it will work out.

4. Single pillbox with a recon squad behind a wall destroys virtually any number of infantry squads. 1.40: it seems that the rocket team will also be op now. Will test how it works.

5. The experience system is a nice touch but taken points 4 and 5 makes it unusable. I have maxed few recon squads for pillboxes at that it. Also, it would make sense to let UGV's get experience as well. The AI should be able to learn from the battle to battle. Machine learning is widely used now.

P.S. some points may be obsolete after the latest update. As not all the changes are officially announced more time is needed to evaluate all the changes.

Another bug(?)

I attacked twice some user (the same one).

Every time after first shot of any unit, app hanged and everything was in stillnes until application kill.

After next launching every units was "used in battle", but victory points or resources was intact.

Earlier (long time ago) i met similar problem but i didn't reproduced it, because algorithm didn't choose the same opponent once again.

------

There is definitely need of achievement filter (eg. achieved/not achieved, one/two/three star gained). Currently in this section there is a total mess.

-------

New game mode is hmmm... useless and give me no new game experience. Honestly I regret I put there any resources.

But I appreciate effort to do the game more excited.

Hello kromka!

That sounds like a bug, not sure what caused the freezing of the game. We'll check it with our QA.

We are aware that achievements are now not best organised and we will add some more user-friendly solution in future updates.

Thanks for the feedback on our latest addition. We're sorry to hear you found no interest in it but we are always open for feedback and suggestions on how to improve our game so if you have any for Faction Wars we're listening.  :)

Problem with Faction Wars is I don't see the point of placing resources there. OK - I recieve some points and thats all.

Other problem is an attack of the other player. Full pack of choppers costs in my case about 300K of fuel. This is quiet lot. Because I am still in develop phase I prefer to preserve fuel to build something in my base or attack somebody to gain supply.

Other problem is blue team has 4K members and orange one 3K. Guess who has better chances...

I really don't know what to do to make this game more excited.

Maybe some coop missions? Eg. the purpose to do with somebody from the clan?

Anyway I think unexplored potential lay in clan operations.

I forgot to mention:

1) When I start the game with no network connection I see message box with OK. Only way to close it is: to turn on network, to go to "desktop" with circle, to kill application (if you have Cyanogen or other fancy way).

It would be nice to able some clean quit with "quit" button.

2) Currently barracks shows "Full" when

capacity_of_all_barracks == all_units_in_baracks + units_currently_produced_in_office

Shouldn't be

capacity_of_all_barracks == all_units_in_baracks

?

Nowadays when somebody has barracks in other region of the base than offices, he can be misleaded (I know probability is not so high) and attack with believing he has full rooster.

3) Still precise placing of small object is VERY hard. I've mentioned about it earilier. Please improve it ASAP.

4) Another question is: what is the point of Match Cost? From my side this is a quiet artificial component. I have so much supplies I even don't look at this. But other side if you will rise it, it will become handbrake of attacks.

"Other problem is blue team has 4K members and orange one 3K. Guess who has better chances..."

Actually the number of members is also counted in calculation. For the reason to avoid players flooding one side the more important is contribution per player and if one side has more members than the other contribution is adjusted by that. Even a Faction with less players can win because of this - it all depends on activity of players and not only their numbers.

About other issues:

1) Can you send a screenshot of the message? We'll check it with our QA.

2) Interesting, we'll check it.

3) We're trying to improve this with all other user experience aspects in every update.

4) This is used for the same reason as charging supplies for "next opponent" button. Without that you could simply choose the weakest player without any cost. This way players have to evaluate if they want to loose more resources while looking for a better (easier to defeat) opponent or they will try with the current one.

Oh, I see. Thats good.

Is there some information about this evaluation? Some people can be discourage to join some faction without such knowledge.

1) This is standard message:

"It appears you are currently not connected to the internet. Blah blah blah... (1004)" with OK button. This message appears always when I have no connection during the game.

This message seems to lock any other action in game ( but not Android stuff, eg. upper bar), only OK button is active. It would be nice to add additional "quit" button.

Otherwise I need to use Android system keys to quit app.

3) I see your effort and indeed interface becomes better every update. Just placing is still creepy.

4) Practically I still look for the weakest enemy, but my income is just less because of searching. Strategy is the same no matter if I have to pay or not. Difference is I start look for somebody to beat when I have 100K supplies instead of near zero.

I just want to point you that with such costs it has no real impact on the gameplay (at least mine). But if you will increase prices it will have negative impact (in my opinion).

Recently I've meet interesting problem.

I've started fight with some player on level 200 and I was on 230. We both had victory points about 10 (sic!).

All those revenges were very profitable for me then I keep continuing this. We both loot or gained about 4 VP per fight.

Hovewer after some time I've quickly increased my VP level to about 300 (without changes in general level). And other player is still on his VP 10 level.

Now when I attack him I gain 4 VP and when he attacks me I loose 16 (!!!) VP. This is stupid!

Why difference between VP impact on this instead of players levels?

VP says completely nothing about players strenght.

Hello kromka!

System basically works that when attacking low score user and win you'll get less points for it. On the other hand defeating higher score player will give you more points. Some players use a strategy to keep low on victory points so they can build up their base (for example by placing their HQ outside of all defenses) and while they can hoard resources and build this way they won't go up in leaderboards. But the system for selecting opponents is looking on both - HQ level and amount of victory points. But there is always a space for improvements so we're open to more suggestions and solutions. You can send me a PM if you wish to discuss this in more detail.

Dear Mobile Ops Support and Developer,

it would be nice to hear when you spend the game a major update for us.

1. Editor, please, we need a UPDATE for it! ASAP

2. Medal counting, just 10 Medals on 1 Star, 2 or 3 (means, pls at more medals for more stars: 50% - 25% of the total(OFT), 75% - 50% OFT, and so on )

3. Pathfinding for Ground Troops, they didnt attack the close building in front, there permament run in the corners instead of attack the wall

4. Helicopter Drones Pathfinding, sometimes there spinning arround 3 Times in a row over a building

4. Grafic failures after Defense most particularly the Pumps

5. if i visit a players base, i cant touch any building to see what level etc it is...

So please let us know when you publish an update

With kind regards

McKenzie

(Team Germany)

#3 of the World

Small isue:
I make no progress with achievement "The Smell of Victory". I've stopped on 455 long time ago.

This isn't so important. Just inform.

By the way, some achievements could be reviewed:

1) Unbrekable: 250 defends to the second star (I don't want to even think how many to the third one).

Almost nobody wants to attack me. 10/100/500 would be more realistic with this level of aggresion. Currently I am high level on low level of WP, but even I attack strong players they don't  make any counter attack.

2) Conqueror: win 5000 battles to the third star.

Really? I attack couple of times daily and I have 450 wins. Maybe when I will grown old I will fulfill this achievement :)

Lets say 1000 would be enough.

--------------------------

And I confirm McKenzie's observation. Spinning of drones is weard.

Regards.

Dear Support and Dev,

theres one Month ago that im Post the above Message and ATM there is no Feedback from the Dev or Support.

So ive got just two single questions:

Is the Game done?

Do u plan a major update in the next few weeks?

It is a great Game with many potential, so please, dont catch our money and say "GOODBYE"!

Thx in advance

McKenzie

(Team Germany)

#3 of the World

Hello McKenzie!

Sorry for late response but we're busy with new update. That's to answer your latest question - game is definitely not done yet and we're planning to support it for a long time. There's still a lot things to polish, adjust and balance and even add. Next update is comming during few days! And now for your questions:

1. Editor, please, we need a UPDATE for it! ASAP

Can you please specifiy in more detail what features you lack or want to adjust/add to the base editor? 

2. Medal counting, just 10 Medals on 1 Star, 2 or 3 (means, pls at more medals for more stars: 50% - 25% of the total(OFT), 75% - 50% OFT, and so on )

We plan to rebalance several things in the game, including achievements and rewards for them.

3. Pathfinding for Ground Troops, they didn't attack the close building in front, there permament run in the corners instead of attack the wall.

We improved soldier units movement and this will be included in the upcoming update. If however any other issue with unit movement appears, please contact us.

4. Helicopter Drones Pathfinding, sometimes there spinning arround 3 Times in a row over a building

We noticed and are working on improvements of AI and pathfinding of all units.

5. Grafic failures after Defense most particularly the Pumps

Can you please be more specific about how do these failures look like? Can you send screens? We fixed some graphical glitches lately so maybe this issue will be already solved in the next update. 

6. if i visit a players base, I cant touch any building to see what level etc it is...

We have this feeature with many more from collected feedback on our list for considered additions in future updates. We donť want to promise anything because we want to avoid some mistakes we did previously and be really sutre everything works fine and is well tested before we release it.

I hope I gave you some answers and wish you fun time with our game!

Hello kromka!

I make no progress with achievement "The Smell of Victory". I've stopped on 455 long time ago.

We'll check that and I will let you know what happened there.

About achievements, as I stated above, we're working on rebalancing and adjusting achievements and based on collected data we'll adjust those achievements that are inbalanced or basically imposible to achieve. Also the rewards will be rebalanced. Unfortunately that takes us more time than we expected and we want to be sure we'll do it right this time and so it won't be included in the upcoming 1.7.0 update but in other future update.

Dear Thales,

first, thanks for your comments!

Me and my Members had a longe discussion and have the following suggestions for the Editor Mode:

--Can you please specifiy in more detail what features you lack or want to adjust/add to the base editor?--

1. The Grid. Buildings do not enter the Grid when we move them. This makes it difficult to place walls (the movement its to fine).

2. The Camera follows instand the building we droped out from the Queue (instand the camera rise up). Please let the camera follow first, when we reached the edge of the screen (allways).

3. Pieces of walls are hardly recognizable behind Trees and Bushes (please reduce the Grafic Details in Editormode, BUT THE GRAFICS ARE REALY REALY NICE! =)

4. Editormode shows no Drop Zone.

5. Where is the Middle in the Editor? Please put a little square or anything in the middle of the field.

6. Please give us the Option for "Mark all buildings" to move the complete base.

So, thats all atm :-)

--5. Grafic failures after Defense most particularly the Pumps--

If i log in to the game and my base was attacked, my Fuel and Ammo Factorys show the wrong Graphic. it does not go back to normal, first i have to restart my game or to attack a player. Means: I must resync to your servers. (Screenshot will follow).

And finally, Team Germany and i think many other Members too have a little whish:

In the Battleinformation we cant visit a Member before Rage. There is only one Rage available even we have not attacked. Thats a bit bad.

We are looking forward to the Update and good Cooperation with Gamers, Dev and Support.

Best wishes to Prague and have a nice Day

McKenzie

(Team Germany)

#3 of the World

--Sorry for bad English---