Goro

Ram and Arma 3 dependency.

Hello. So, I've recently lost 2 gigs of ram, cause it broke. Now I'm Just 2 and I've noticed huge loss of FPS in game and in editor (From 30 in game to 5 and from 60 to 10 in editor) Now here's my question. If I had 30 FPS in town with 4 gigs of ram, will I feel any difference with 8 gb of ram? And the second question. What good ram do you recommend at 1333MHz frequency?

My specs:

ASUS RADEONHD 5770 1 gb vram

AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz no clocks

ASUS M4A77T - motherboard

2 gb RAM Kingston DDR3 1333MHz (XD)

Yes, ArmA is rather RAM-hungry. 8GB will definitely help, though I'm not sure what the exact effect will be.

Any DDR3 at 1333 mhz is fine. More ram only helps if you actually need it. The reason your seeing performance dips is because the game has to rely on the slow hard drive's page file to hold some of its data as the ram you have is already full at boot pretty much. Higher frequency memory seems to help the game more overall, especially when you get up into 2133 MHz range and above performance can jump 5 to 15% in some cases.

There was a topic on this forums looonnnggg ago that disscussed this

fast ram is good for arma. Not sure if you will notice a big difference if you dont have an SSD though? Arma streams alot of stuff from harddrive.

To all whom it may concern,

Installing 8 GB Ram instead of 4 boosted my FPS from 30 to 40 FPS on SP mission, from 20 to 30 on MP and from 60 to 100 on Empty Map. No overclocking.

I didn't try SSD yet, but I maybe I will check it out and let y'all know. Thanks guys.

It's worth keeping in mind that Arma, being a 32-bit application, will never use more than 4gb of ram (or something around that number, I don't know much about system architecture.)

An SSD coupled with fast RAM will definitely help, as Arma constantly loads and unloads assets to remain within its memory limit.

It's worth keeping in mind that Arma, being a 32-bit application, will never use more than 4gb of ram (or something around that number, I don't know much about system architecture.)

An SSD coupled with fast RAM will definitely help, as Arma constantly loads and unloads assets to remain within its memory limit.

It usually peaks at just under 2 gigabytes. Sometimes it may climb above that for a short period of time, before dropping under again, at least in my situation. Your results may vary.