Sign in to follow this  
piggypotpie

AI Laying explosives

I haven't commanded friendly AI in a long time.....but am I INSNANE that I once thought you could command AI to drop a charge and even set a timer on it? And if so has that changed as I can't see that option anywhere

AI definitely plants explosives, sets timers and detonates on command. Just select the guy with the explosives, and the commands are right there in the (6) action menu.

Not sure about dev branch, but it`s definitely there in the current stable.

It's not working for me. I've tried using explosive experts, engineers, vanilla, non-vanilla. nothing seem to work. maybe it's an ACE conflict?

Possible. I don`t use ACE here, and all the options are there in the command menus right where you`d expect.

ACE makes changes to the explosives system and removes the vanilla actions in favor of it's own system, which causes it to lose compatibility with AI. This is why ACE doesn't recommend using ACE for missions that are not designed with it in mind, like the campaigns for example.

You should ask in the ACE thread, I think they would be interested to keep their mod compatible with AI in most cases.

• Like 1

ACE makes changes to the explosives system and removes the vanilla actions in favor of it's own system, which causes it to lose compatibility with AI. This is why ACE doesn't recommend using ACE for missions that are not designed with it in mind, like the campaigns for example.

You should ask in the ACE thread, I think they would be interested to keep their mod compatible with AI in most cases.

Thanks. I assume it's just like their medical system. DAMN IT

Where is the ACE thread? Here on the BI forum or their own?