Thanks

I made that animation and keyaction just for the video.

wow man you gotta release that as an addon of its own.

If you could have that animation tied to a key press to enable players to view their weapons it would be awesome.

Consider the detail in your own weapon mod,and think of the dozens of weapon/attatchment mods out there that are as high quality.I for one would love at least one animation that im not used to seeing to inspect my weapons.

Its all about the immersion

• Like 4

wow man you gotta release that as an addon of its own.

If you could have that animation tied to a key press to enable players to view their weapons it would be awesome.

Consider the detail in your own weapon mod,and think of the dozens of weapon/attatchment mods out there that are as high quality.I for one would love at least one animation that im not used to seeing to inspect my weapons.

Its all about the immersion

I'll see what i can do.

I have tons of animations, gestures, poses etc. that i cannot release because i have no functions for them. If i just give mission scripts or only the animations there is not too many people who knows what to do.

• Like 1

I'll see what i can do.

I have tons of animations, gestures, poses etc. that i cannot release because i have no functions for them. If i just give mission scripts or only the animations there is not too many people who knows what to do.

When you say functions,you mean "uses" for each animation? Im lost with termonoligy in scripting.

If thats what you mean,im sure other modders could use your animations as a framework,for their mods.For example(and i dont know what anims you have right now) mods like ravage,heroes survive and a few others have alot of items in which have functions,yet the animations are generic arma3 ones.I heard Heroes survive had a temperature function....Now what if you had a "warm hands up by fire" animation in order for his function to activate.

I guess im speculating but the fact is,i dont see alot for "player animations" and many new mods that add item usage. Anyway i guess i got carried away with that weapon inspect animation,hope i can use it someday ;)

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c

i noticed you were looking for reference pictures about attachments for the rk95. really, these are your only options. the extented bottom rail on the tri-rail. then there are some super rare self-made quad-rail systems that can sometimes be seen on peacekeepers, but i really wouldn't recommend because as i said, they are self made and very, very rare. 

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&curl?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c

@redarmy im working on it now. I just need to learn how to do few things before i can release anything.

@lamminrevityin there is a high chance that i'm doing the extra grip and the bottom rail. Maybe some taping as well, time will show.

Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

• Like 2

yes!! the grip is excatly what i'd wanted. if you are going to do it then use the ncstar folding grip as it is given to specialjägare and special operations division (eto) operators.

So i'm between few ideas here with my animations and functions. Now i figured out how to make functions used by the Custom Controls from Options. Shortly after i realized that maybe it's not that good idea since someones elses mod might also use the same custom controls.

I could also make forced keybinds like Shift + NUM_5 (usually people hate forced keybinds). Last way would be custom menu with custom controls, only problem here is that i don't know how to make it yet. When i get my mind around this i can finally release some melee weapons and some hostage animations that i've been holding on.

I'm also about release the railed RK 95 and some camouflages.

Any suggestions or ideas?

• Like 1

So CBA wouldn't be possible for custom controls? That would let people re-bind in they need to, and any key conflicts could be avoided. 

So CBA wouldn't be possible for custom controls? That would let people re-bind in they need to, and any key conflicts could be avoided. 

I'm aware that CBA got a solution for this issue. I just want to make standalone addons for the sake of learning these on my own. It takes some time to learn but in the end it's kinda rewarding.

Custom menu sounds like the best route,i wouldnt have a clue how i could help though,unfortunatly.

Im more of a moral support kind of guy,sorry man any skills i have here are very basic.

Anyway if you figure something out it would be a bonus on top off the weapons release. 

• Like 1

I'm aware that CBA got a solution for this issue. I just want to make standalone addons for the sake of learning these on my own. It takes some time to learn but in the end it's kinda rewarding.

I appreciate the philosophy, but for this one I really recommend using the solutions provided by CBA : everyone is familiar with it and it is also a guarantee that your mod settings won't conflict with others.

Besides, a few other mods already use custom menus, and from my point of view it creates more problems than it solves : overlapping menus, conflicting keys etc.

Just my opinion on this. ;)

• Like 1

I appreciate the philosophy, but for this one I really recommend using the solutions provided by CBA : everyone is familiar with it and it is also a guarantee that your mod settings won't conflict with others.

Besides, a few other mods already use custom menus, and from my point of view it creates more problems than it solves : overlapping menus, conflicting keys etc.

Just my opinion on this. ;)

You're making a fair point.

Matter of fact i still have to learn to use CBA :D

New animations > Colt Single-action Army and weapon inspecting animations for rifles and handguns.

Still missing sounds and i'll need to tweak the model.cfg for the new animation.

I'm getting some errors from CBA side with the inspecting animations, release will be delayed

• Like 6

Is it your own animation (show and rotate  weapons in hands like CS )? 

Is it your own animation (show and rotate  weapons in hands like CS )? 

It is made by me.

I think it was before a3 1.64 when you closed inventory you kept being stuck in "inspect weapon" animation, now that it's gone i decided to make my own.

• Like 6

I keep getting this error all the time. Everything is working tho

error.png

Thank you for this man!

You drastically shortened my lifespan in Arma3 scenarios,im gona be so pre occupied inspecting my killing machines that i'm gona forget im supposed to be firing back :P

• Like 4

Thank you for this man!

You drastically shortened my lifespan in Arma3 scenarios,im gona be so pre occupied inspecting my killing machines that i'm gona forget im supposed to be firing back :P

Have fun ^_^

Sitrep

> So currently i'm 98% ready to release BArsenal v0.4 including all weapons except melee ones.

> I'm having some issues with sounds but i'm learning day by day. I'll fix/ create new sounds in some later update.

> Tomorrow i'm going to beta test v0.4 and if there's enough time i'll release the update as well

• Like 9

v0.4 is out

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807038742&searchtext=BArsenal

Changelog

v0.4

Changed
-Double-barreled is now called SPR220

New
Weapons:
-Sako TRG 42 and TRG 42F (TRG 42 bipod, TRG 42 muzzle, Silencer)
-Colt Single-action Army
-Winchester Model 97

Added features:
-Rail to RK 95 (Truglo 30mm)
-Digital camo to RK 95
-Digital camo to SPR220

Removed:
-Test rifle and test pistol

Here's the upcoming reloading animation for RK 95R

• Like 4