barbolani

[SP/MP] Antistasi - Warlords of the Pacific

Tried playing with 2x players NATO v 6x players syndikat.  The NATO players suffer some minor issues:

As all NATO players are in the same group, only the group leader has control over the AI heli transport....which can cause some logistical issues.  Recommend making all NATO slots group leaders as per syndikat.

We came up with the brilliant idea of stealing some civilian vehicles and driving round pretending to be AI in order to find the enemy.....however, all vehicles seem to despawn after around 2km of travel.  This includes boats.....and I blame you for the 15 minutes it took me to swim to shore.  :-p

The punishment script may be unwarranted for NATO players.  We started to get frustrated with the (lack of) transport options and after the AI heli refused to land for the 3rd time we shot the pilot.....and the punishment script kicked in.

On the plus side, boat spawn positioning is now much better.  Can we have some AI divers to contend with as well?

lol

Will check the despawn on "stolen" civ cars. But this said, I think I should disallow it. You are the good guys, you shouldn't steal poor civvies cars.

Remember the NATO player thing is still WIP. Probably I will code some kind of Fast Travel + bike purchase instead of the current system.

AI divers? Patrolling what? Fishermans ships? nono. Seaports? Will it be useful? I mean, they will fire on you from underwater?

The despawning also happened to a NATO boat we stole.  

Some people like screwing around underwater, I'm one of em.  With AI divers....anyone who doesn't like screwing around underwater can safely ignore them for the most part.

Even that must be disabled.

You are NATO SF, not the owners of the whole NATO army.

NATO players must be limited to their own scripted vehicles.

About the AI divers.... more spawned units in change of very little (at least until we find a good use for them). Maybe some kind of underwater recovery mission....

*If* the AI driven scripted transport worked....then yes.   However, it doesn't work a lot of the time.  

Anyway, bug reports for you:

The new 2nd tier missions don't seem to have an obvious dialog that appears.  You make contact with the fella, use the 'request mission' menu option and then you have to notice the mission vehicle icon on the map.  The first time some players of ours tried it some other tier 1 missions spawned at almost the exact moment they made contact with the fella.....and then assumed these missions that had just spawned (a capture the outpost and a city supplies) were from him.

No-one seems able to pick up a PCML.  The menu option is there but nothing happens.  Picking up titan launchers works fine.

At ports, can we have an option to buy RHIBs as well?  Cos those assault boats, or whatever they're called....the dingy with an outboard.....are just so damn slow.

Hi, barbolani.

Detailed info on vehicle disappearance in spawn distance:

1. Starting a dedicated server.
  2. Loading a persistent save on a dedicated server.
  3. Second player connecting.
  4. Me and then other player board an armed offroad which was parked near the HQ.
  5. We go to a nearby city and meet an enemy squad on the road.
  6. Both of us are killed. Offroad wheels desroyed.
  7. Both of us respawn and walk to our last position. 700m from the base. 1600m spawn distance. No smoke ahead.
  8. No offroad there.
  9. Restart the mission.
  10. Increase spawn distance to 2000m.
  11. Die roughly the same way, but about 800-900 meters from the base.
  12. Go there on a quadbike.
  13. Nothing there.

Thanks for the variable)

Realy enjoying this! The strength of Arma lies in these types of missions, ones in which a war is going on around us and hopefully we can make a dent in it. Still a newbie and havent figured out much of it yet, one thing im having difficulty is just plain seeing when starting at night. Finding myself having to point my car's headlights toward objective area cause i just cant see jack -would you add flashlights to the starting arsenal :D

It seems that some tropic items do not get unlocked in the arsenal. Ammobox inventory says that I need 17 vests and 22 other items for unlocking. I have 23 Carrier lite (Tropic), 25 Carrier GL Rig (Tropic) and 32 NV Goggles (Tropic). None of these is getting unlocked. I've unlocked tropic helmet and some other items.

@nazarovtrSo they are despawning because you die, not because you move, isnt it?

About the other issues. Pls update the mission and tell me.

Yes, despawning because I die. Is it intended?

Thanks. No problem with the arsenal in the last version.

Actually there is another one)

I've got RPG-42 with RPG-42 rockets for a long time. Now I've tried to get HE rockets. I've got the quantity and the game said that they were unlocked. After saving and loading I found that I don't have RPG-42, RPG-42 rocket or RPG-42 HE rocket.
While you are fixing this, is there a "cheat" to ad an item to the Arsenal?

P. S. UI initialization at the start is now fixed. Thanks)

Yes, despawning because I die. Is it intended?

Thanks. No problem with the arsenal in the last version.

Not really, but points me in the right direction.

CBA cfgFunc error when loading into Warlords after today's CBA patch. 9/30/16

EDIT:  This was NOT Warlords related.  It was CBA related, and if anyone else is having this issue, delete your CBA install and do a clean install of the new version. 
Clean install fixed this error for me.

More issues)
1. Not only vehicles are despawning, but also enemies are respawning inside spawn distance on players death.
2. Trouble with UAVs. I've stolen 2 darters and 2 NATO terminals. I can assemble a darter but I cannot connect to it with AAF terminal and I cannot even open a NATO terminal. I see some logic here, but are the UAVs unusable by design?

1. I think all those problemas are related to respawn timer. I don't see a real issue there. If everybody in the area dies, then reset, it is not that bad.

2. Terminals are tied to sides, same as uniforms. That's why I added a greenfor terminal in Arsenal. The default commander can hack drones with that terminal.

Resets are not realistic. I understand, that no despawning at all is not possible performancewise. But resetting all enemy patrols just around my base because I die in 500 meters from it?

And this fact makes the mission even more difficult in SP than in MP. You have only one chance of taking an outpost. You die - everybody respawn, even if your base is close by. And on Tanoa it is easier to die)

If you think of a scenario of attacking and respawning and attacking again till the success as an exploit, you can decrement HR on each death. If HR = 0, then mission failed.

For some reason I always get crazy amounts of fog (I can barely see 10m) at 1pm, which makes it unplayable at that time since the AI pretty much ignores the fog completely.

I've waited for several days now but its always the same. I can currently only play at nighttime where the fog is a bit lighter.

@[Tajin], same thing. I've ended up cheating:
0 setFog 0;
I wouldn't go into the fight in such conditions in real life.

Resets are not realistic.

Neither respawning. In order to be realistic you should commit suicide after being killed in game ;)

If you reproduce this error in SP, then that's not the cause. Can you confirm?

For some reason I always get crazy amounts of fog (I can barely see 10m) at 1pm, which makes it unplayable at that time since the AI pretty much ignores the fog completely.

I've waited for several days now but its always the same. I can currently only play at nighttime where the fog is a bit lighter.

It's how BIS coded Tanoa, with very heavy fogs.

Waiting for 8 hours should do the trick, as engine seems to have some forcé weather change when skiptime is done. Be patient as fog needs some time to dissapear.

Oh don't worry, I know those commands but I don't have em available there and thats not really a solution either.

Anyway. Here's a screenshot:

861CEC85E6EB69FEA6672EEC367235BEBFFF8BC2

Haven't had it that extreme on tanoa before so I'd say it's missionrelated (skiptime like you said). I'd recommend to implement a fix by automatically resetting the fog after skipping time.

Oh, we had fog so thick we couldn't see the end of our rifles the other night. 
I drove from the center of the main island to Harcourt Bridge in the dark, with that fog, using GPS only...  it was pretty damn crazy.   I drove THROUGH a NATO patrol squad, almost striking infantrymen, and they couldn't see us in it.
It was crazy.

You can use the setfog command in Admin debug to reduce the fog to a manageable level, or remove it entirely.