barbolani

[SP/MP] Antistasi - Warlords of the Pacific

Oh, believe me, I crushed tons of times with invisible walls in Altis.

Predefined spots may be the solution not only for parked boats but for all things related sea spawning.

In a to do list is get rid of BIS_fnc_findSafePos, as it is not a bulletproofed function.

Hi I have downloaded the new update but we still have issued with server lag after a NATO attack but something else i noticed was the time on the watch rolled back I have video but I cant find the server rpt maybe you can make something off it is anyone else having issues the video is at https://youtu.be/EiXaUOAYl50love the mission so hopefully a fix will be forthcoming

Cheers

Hi, barbolani. Great improvements!
Is 50m visibility because of the fog normal for Tanoa? At least 70% probability of such conditions at the start for me. Absolutely impossible to fight, so I've tried to wait, but there are enemies nearby. I have to use setFog command on each start and feel like a cheater. Is it normal? :)

I've encountered an interesting bug. Maybe it is not Antistasi's fault, but I am uploading client and server RPTs.
Server timeflow had almost stopped. The AI's did not move, if fired upon, they had died in a couple of minutes. Inventory had worked with the same delay. I've managed to complete a mission "kill a traitor", got some loot, but failed to transfer it to my ammobox and to save the game persistently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6kNhlrUrW5N2VHTzVmVGZON0U/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6kNhlrUrW5TDhkOEx4MmJEZEk/view?usp=sharing

Known bug but one which is really driving me crazy. Still an Arma engine failure is discarded, but doing a lot of research on it.... .rpt regetably shows nothing.

So, server/mission lockup is still there?
I just want to clarify.. with new mission version is the Arsenal supposed to start empty? 

I uploaded the mission and started fresh last night.  The arsenal has NO weapons unlocked in it at all.  Is this supposed to be the case?

Lockup may be solved but in the way I made some mistake and garrisons won't spawn. Will solve it ASAP.

B,  in the Antistasi changelog you mention: 

NEW OPTION: Simple arsenal access mode.  Gear us no longer removed from members upon accessing the arsenal.  Default: disabled.

Where is this option turned on and does the same functionality exist in WotP?

Ah.  That explains why I can't find it.  Is the plan to implement it and where can I set it currently in Antistasi Altis?

New information on server hanging. 2 times in half an hour. And once yesterday. All on the version from 2016-09-12. Played previous versions for 7 hours before and everything was ok.

@Swoop: Yes, no, maybe :) Better than that is to disable the whole thing with a useful integration with XLA Fixed Arsenal mod, which is designed to avoid all the exploits / issues vanilla Arsenal has.

@nazarovtr: Tonight's patch will hopefully solve all those issues.

BTW: Is your server built without pass? I've seen one with a similar name tan your Nick and I was about to ban it. If yes, please put a pass on your server. I don't want to have servers with outdated versions of my beta product so general public without the required knowledge thinks Antistasi is shit because of some BETAish bug...

@barbolani, I have a feature suggestion.
It would be great to have an ability to mark "towns of interest" on the map. It should increase the probability of spawning of some missions there. For example, big increase for "city supplies", as SDK decides which town to supply, and some increase for "kill the traitor" and others, because of increased SDK investigative activities in those towns.
Sometimes it is strategically important to "take over" one specific town instead of randomly increasing SDK popularity in the whole area.

Well, after the experiences, the result is just random missions are just an accelerator, the important thing is Radio Towers, be able to conquer and hold them, is the thing that will definetly make a group of desired cities join the cause.

So far so good this evening.  Group of guys playing for several hours with no lag outs or server freezing.

Couple of issues.  The new ACE stamina system appears to be horrendous in the mission. 
Is there any way you could possibly put in a mission Parameters screen or settings for people running ACE to adjust the new Stamina system to their liking? 

Also, the fog is horrendous at times.  Any plans on limiting the duration of the fog?  Or is our only hope just passing time at the base until fog is gone?

Also tested the last build for 4 hours yesterday. No freezes.

How do the radio towers increase SDK support? We've captured an outpost with one near Balavu. It is ours for an in-game day or so. But SDK support remains zero, and we only increase it by "City Supplies" missions. Radio towers also did not help us when we were capturing Altis.

Minor bugs:
1. My earplugs are not working from the start and I have to reinit UI to enable this function.
2. Yesterday most of the actions including "Game Options" on HQ objects disappeared and I had to reconnect to be able to use persistent save. Maybe it was TAW view distance or Advanced Ropes mod interference.
3. Exists for as long as I play Antistasi: when a player respawns, he is sometimes moving to the left or leaning. It is usually fixed by random WASDQE pressing.

RT are only for Tanoa, in Altis is powerplants. You should see an increase of SDK support or NATO support depending on what tower affects each city.

1. Will check it.

2. Don't think there is an interference there.

3. Engine thing maybe.

Confirmed.  When running ACE3 3.7.0 , the new Stamina settings are overwhelmingly harsh.
Can you put in a Parameter setting at mission start so that we can either set to what we want for the ACE Stamina system, or exclude it completely and use just the Vanilla Arma 3 stamina system?

Thanks!

Yesterday we've encountered some weird object disappearing.

1. Took an armed offroad from the base and went to a nearby city. About 700m from the base we were killed. The vehicle was damaged, but not destroyed. Went there on foot to repair and fight back. Nothing there. No explosion or smoke in that direction. Spawn distance is 2000m. It happened twice.
2. Destroyed a roadblock and got all the precious MGs, NVGs and vests into a 4x4. My ARMA crashed, and the other player says that not only I have disappeared but the 4x4 with the loot too. He becomes a commander. I reconnect, find an empty hatchback on the road, go there and get him. We return to base. Disembark. He has to disconnect for me to become a commander and save. And the hatchback disappears simultaneously with him.
3. Not all vehicles on the base are saved. First, we thought that it only occurres with the vehicles towed there. We've started to enter them and drive a bit before a save, but it did not help. Now we are garaging all the vehicles.
4. Enemy bodies are disappearing too fast. Sometimes, to the end of the fight there is only a half of them, and while we are collecting the loot they disappear just in front of us. I think, the bodies have to be there for at least a couple of hours. Or the garbage collection should be done only manually. Because if you loose all the loot after a 2 hour fight, you would be really frustrated)

1. I need more info on that. 99% of the similar cases tend to finish in "ok the vehicle was out of spawn distance". BTW: You don't need such distance in Tanoa I think...

2. When commander disconnects all the SDK assets are supposed to get refunded instead of transferred, just in case... You don't need to disconnect to leave command, there is a nice Resign button in game options.

3. Towed? I haven't scripted anything about towed.

4. It's 15 minutes. More time = more server comsumption for a dead body.

1. I've played Antistasi for 400 hours now. And I am a programmer myself. So if I report a bug I try to be sure. 2000m is just for such cases. Not to restart the fight on death, but to be able to get back and continue. And 3000m will be needed when we will get some armored vehicles, artillery or helicopters. Even on Tanoa.
2. I've described a real situation. You think it was ok? Maybe the vehicle should not get refunded, if there are other players in spawn distance?
3. We are using Advanced towing.
4. Maybe it is better to create an option for this? I am ready to pay for better hardware to get decent experience. 15min is totally unsuitable for big bases. Players will just loose 90% of the loot.

Freezes back again, unfotunately. 3 times in 4 hour session. 2 of them on the latest version.

1. Ok, but I still need more info :) from where you picked the car, if it was a mission vehicle, a civ vehicle etc.. anything you can provide. You are pro coder, you know then what you provided, as despawn vehicles work very well, is not enough info by far.

2. The problem is I cannot make a "commander disconnected, so transfer everything to the second commander" script in a reliable way, so I had to script a refund.

3. Then, happy to know it works in some way :)

4. Knowing you are programmer, better allow you to change the variable :) . It's named "cleantime", set it to the amount of seconds you want.

Freeze: I think it's solved in yesterday's patch.