barbolani

[SP/MP] Antistasi - Warlords of the Pacific

Antistasi - Warlords of the Pacific

A Dynamic Sandbox Mission for Resistance, SP, MP Coop and Infantry Lovers

the REAL Arma Experience

WotP%201.jpg

Following successfull A3- Antistasi Altis, Warlords of the Pacific is the newest sequel of the guerrilla simulator. 

Those who enjoyed Antistasi will find the landscape in Tanoa as the most suitable for the war they like. 

WARNING: Mission is on OPEN BETA STAGE. Some showstoppers CAN appear. If you want a 100% full functional version, I recommend you to go back to Altis. 

A Persistent Whole Map mission, for SP or MP Coop, focused on Resistance Infantry and Guerrilla Tactics. 

Features: 

- Foreign Politics / Civil Support System 
- Tanoa is in an All vs All war with the following factions fighting eachother: BLUFOR (NATO Pacific, Gendarmes, FIA as PMC), OPFOR (CSAT Pacific) and Sindykat. 
- MP PvP Element: Players may join a NATO SpecOp counterinsurgency squad and try to disturb Sindykat operations (WiP). 
- Around 18 possible Sidemissions which may happen everywhere. Assasination, Logistics, Destroy Assets, Rescue POWS, Conquer Missions in a wide variety on each type. 
- Possibility of Undercovered Operations, same as a Resistance soldier can do. 
- AI Enemy Commander which reacts to your movements and manages his resources. 
- Persistent Stat Save System: You won't loose game or server progress upon a game update. 
- Enhaced AI Squadmate control. 
- Playable in SP, MP, and persistent open server MP. 
- Up to 3Headless Client supported. 
- Cooperate while compete to be the commander of your side (MP Only) 
- Build minefields, improve bases with static weapons which AI will use. 
- Tano and it's forests get destroyed as long as the war evolves. 
- Integrated Mods: TFAR, ACE3. None of them mandatory. 
- Wonderful jungles to fight in. 

Feedback is welcome. 

Bug reports are VERY welcome, if done properly. 

Docs and manuals are still on roadmap, but Altis edition docs should be enough for almost everything. 

Known Issues: 

- The NATO PvP Option is still WiP, but definetly playable. Among other things to improve, the NATO heli taxi (Radio 0-8) uses vanilla BIS module and lack of some functionalities Antistasi needs. If in toruble, login/logout. 
- Tanoa is a pain in the ass for AI driving on roads. They have built a lot of small tracks which AI uses badly due to the dense jungle which surrounds them. Possible solutions are WiP. 
- Mission balancing is still under study. 
- Some features have not been heavyly tested. That's why are you here :) 

Please rate up the mission if you like the concept. The more players we are, the better mission we will have thanks to comments, suggestions and bug reports. 

Vids:

[flash=]

• Like 13

Is there a download link?
EDIT:
Didn't use common sense, it's in his signature.
:P

So far the mission hasn't caused any crashes or major problems.
1. Some things are that when CSAT assault the main NATO airport, the game lags really bad (10 - 15fps on medium settings) I know you can't really do anything about it, but maybe reduce the number of squads in the base.
2. When you switch to CTRG (wanted to see what it was like) the entire ui disappears after switching back.
3. I would like some more CSAT controlled zones upon starting.
4. Also a lot of things still are incorrect, like when buying vehicles instead of offroad it spawns the 4x4, maybe change the name.
5. Also it says FIA in a lot of things. Maybe go over all of it some time and change it.
But a really good mission, really love the open CSAT and NATO idea. Really makes you feel like you're only a cog in a massive war machine.
Also not sure if this is a bug but CSAT really love attacking NATO airport only.
Looking forward to more updates :)

EDIT:
Noticed that sometimes when I try to transfer things out of an ammo box, nothing happens.

Hi!

1. Solution under study, but try to change your mission settings (spawn distance etc..) may help.

2. Thanks! 

3. If they take the airport, you will see :)

4. Well, its still an Offroad, isnt it?

5. Yes, I am correcting it from time to time when I see them.

No, it's not a bug, it is useless to attack other places if you havent an airbase in the island.

So, Barbolani.... is a passworded private server OK for testing purposes?  Just no full open servers at this point for MP?

I assume from your wording that this would be ok?

I've been waiting for your Tanoa version and we have at least one server we can do some testing on with just our unit members.

A few more bugs
1. Can't capture roadblocks
2. Thing says enemies are nearby even though they are 400+ metres away
3. Assassination mission has the FIA officer
Having a blast playing Tanoa mission, CSAT still can't hold the main airbase :P

So, Barbolani.... is a passworded private server OK for testing purposes?  Just no full open servers at this point for MP?

I assume from your wording that this would be ok?

I've been waiting for your Tanoa version and we have at least one server we can do some testing on with just our unit members.

Yes, passworded servers are ok. Thanks!

A few more bugs

1. Can't capture roadblocks

3. Assassination mission has the FIA officer

Having a blast playing Tanoa mission, CSAT still can't hold the main airbase :P

1. Roadblocks are not capturable, are cleanable, but after some time, the enemies rebuild them if possible.

2. They are, the engine sees everything, you not ;)

3. Yes, seems APEX made buggy spawning one side classname and join it another faction so it is not attacked by his "firends", so I had to spawn a BLUFOR classname, thus, the FIA Officer. In future, I will redress him a bit :)

This is the most annoying thing in the mission(on altis) for me, cos of some aaf/csat campers(in 500 metre range I guess) I can't garrison outposts etc. By the time I find them second wave of enemy counterattack hits. Why not make garrisoning like "supreme commander's sending reinforcement"? Select some soldiers up to what a truck can carry hit confirm, truck departs from hq... easier said than done? :D

I could play a bit of tanoa(sp) today, only thing I can say is that performance is worse than altis and stavros abandoned fia to fight for syndicat :P

I wish! But we can't rely on AI pathfinding to build a garrison.

Tanoa performance: Working on it, much improvements on the next patch.

The thing I meant was that cleansing road blocks is bugged. Killed every single NATO guy at the roadblock (2 hmgs and a team of NATO). 
The 400m thing I know because I looked through the debug console and found a guy hiding in a building no where near the outpost. Maybe reduce to 200m.

I looked through the debug console and found a guy hiding in a building no where near the outpost.

What console commands allow you to do that?

The thing I meant was that cleansing road blocks is bugged. Killed every single NATO guy at the roadblock (2 hmgs and a team of NATO). 

The 400m thing I know because I looked through the debug console and found a guy hiding in a building no where near the outpost. Maybe reduce to 200m.

It's the same tan your other issue, you are missing some pesky AI, nothing else.

200mts could lead to several exploits, in Arma, even Tanoa, 200 mts is VERY CLOSE.

First off: I'm having a blast with your mission! Really well done and you constant work on it is much appreciated  :clap:

There's an issue I'm having with changing start location to one of the small islands: Every logistics mission spawns the supply truck at HQ but the mission objective is on the main island, that makes it impossible to archive. Possible solution could be, setting the spawn point of the truck on the island where the supply mission is located and I need to get there in time and then drive it to the town.

First off: I'm having a blast with your mission! Really well done and you constant work on it is much appreciated  :clap:

There's an issue I'm having with changing start location to one of the small islands: Every logistics mission spawns the supply truck at HQ but the mission objective is on the main island, that makes it impossible to archive. Possible solution could be, setting the spawn point of the truck on the island where the supply mission is located and I need to get there in time and then drive it to the town.

Hi!

Can you send me a pic of your HQ position and the task with the city where the supplies go? I though I forgot to script the check of being in the same island, and... not!

Sure. I'll send it to you as soon as I'm back home. Thanks for looking into it!!

So I put up the mission on my server for unit mates and friends  to test it out, passworded of course.

We had a handful on last night to try things for a couple of hours. 

1) Radios would keep disappearing, no matter which version we used with TFAR.  PRC148 JEM and PRC152 would both delete themselves from players inventory at random times it seemed.  Also, it would never set the same frequencies for players, all issued radios would have random freqs.

2) Player loadouts.  Players would have gear refill their backpacks and inventory even after they emptied them for different loads, or made changes to the loads of different player slots.  Medics would change their loads a bit, then find they had their gear changed back to the basic medic loadout.  Very frustrating.  

3) Maps, GPS, Compass  would disappear sometimes. 

4) when entering the Arsenal, current loads would get deleted, or weapons would change to whatever the first weapon on the Arsenal was, instead of keeping what you had equipped already.

We're enjoying the mission.  Aside from those few things we found so far, seems to be great.

Using CBA, ACE, TFAR, as only server mods for now.

I can probably change TFAR settings to set radios how we like them, but wanted to let you know what was going on.

I assume changing ACE medical settings to anything above basic will break AI Medics?

Well, crap.  I added a fatigue removal line to the init and re-uploaded the mission to my server.  Seems that it broke Persistence somehow. 
I loaded in, TFAR and ACE were detected, but I id not get an option to place my HQ, nor did I get an option to become the commander?

Your mission init got bugged at some point. Please send me your .rpt

Various:

First: You are playing an outdated version.

Second: That session is heavily bugged, seems you edited the mission or had a very corrupted file.

Third: Same than first, but I see some weird bugs there. Update your game and we will see...

Hey B.  

Ya remember about a year ago when I mentioned putting empty boats in harbours on Antistasi, the same way we have empty vehicles lying around towns?  Well....warlords is in even more need of some boats lying around.  In fact I'd say they're kinda paramount.  Last time I mentioned this you added buyable boats in captured ports......there's not enough ports on Tanoa.  Please, fercryinoutloud, put some empty boats around that players can stumble across and use.

I tried starting with the HQ on the SE island......1st mission was a kill the traitor on the island to the west.  I tried swimming it....didn't get there in time.  :-/

Outdated version?  That was from the 30th I thought?

I'll update to the newest version I can find on steam I guess and see what happens.

There may have been people with extra mods on.  I tell them to turn off all their mods, but some just won't listen. 

Also, can the ACE medical be changed at all?  It seems to be purely basic ACE med, which is fine I guess, but there is no unconsciousness.  You are either slightly wounded, or dead.  I don't think we've had anyone go unconscious for any length of time at all so far.
It's been frustrating for people to get one shot killed from Stupid high level AI Shots it seems, without any way for a medic to reach them and attempt bandaging and such.

Oh.  Got another bug.
Convoys leaving from the NE Airport near Oavu will attempt to take a jungle path as a roadway, instead of taking a surface highway around the island, or one of the dirt roads.  It seems they are recognizing the jungle paths as roads and trying to take the HEMTT convoys down them.