Drift_91

Portable Helipad Lights - script or init to make them burn steady?

Seeing as how this feature request on the feedback tracker hasn't gained any traction for the past two years; I'm wondering if I can achieve a steady burn from the portable helipad lights via a small script or, preferably, an init.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section but I figured the most likely solution would be a script.

My initial thought would be to create an ambient light through some scripting that is as closely matched to the blinking color as possible. The blinks might still be visible however; I doubt creating an ambient light could drown out the blinking light completely.

You could do some experimenting with lightAttachObject and all of the other associate parts to set the light color, intensity, brightness, etc. and see if that would sort of work for what you want.

I was able to accomplish this effect to pause/resume the flash effect.  In my case, I wanted the ability to "black out" the base I had them at.  You just have to "press the button" when they are lit in your case.  I called the function via the helicopters.

fnc_HeliPadLightToggle =
{
missionNamespace setVariable [
"HeliPadLightSwitch", 
!(missionNamespace getVariable ["HeliPadLightSwitch", true]), 
true
];

if (HeliPadLightSwitch) exitWith 
{
_HeliPadLampList = nearestObjects[BaseCargoHouse, [
"Land_PortableHelipadLight_01_F","FloatingStructure_F"
], 600];
{
_x enableSimulationGlobal true;
} forEach _HeliPadLampList;
};
_HeliPadLampList = nearestObjects[BaseCargoHouse, [
"Land_PortableHelipadLight_01_F","FloatingStructure_F"
], 600];
{
_x enableSimulationGlobal false;
} forEach _HeliPadLampList;
};

So I've been looking into this again. I was looking at the lights in the config browser and this thread. Is there any way to set the  "blinking = true" variable to false via something along the lines of "this setVariable ["blinking",false,true]"?