Sign in to follow this  
cookies2432

AI.....

Hello, i'm tired and about to go to sleep but I figured i'd ask this question and let it be during the night to see if I can get any good answers.

I'm messing around in arma 3 and there's 1 thing that's bugging the hell out of me, ai walking through every single ******* object.

Is there anything that I can do to stop the ***** AI to not go through the fences? The objects are fences. Thank you for reading a tired and angry fella's call for help. 

//Cookies

Are they editor placed or spawned?

With spawned make sure you set the last variable in the createvehicle array to "CAN COLLIDE"

The fences are placed in the editor, i will check this thread tomorrow, sorry but I gotta sleep. Thanks for your reply and I really look forward to if you know how to fix it with editor placed objects :)

Don't bump the forum.  It clutters up the place with rubbish and looks desperate as well.

Why don't you tell people what fences you are using, are you running mods/scripts etc etc.  Maybe upload a test mission for others to check.

How are other people supposed to know exactly what you're doing if you have not told them properly.

I'm using ryan's zombies and demons mod and i'm not using any scripts, all i'm doing is placing fences (barbed wire fence) and when i start shooting at them and they wanna attack me they just pass on through the fence and attack me. That's, what's happening. 

OK right, you would have got there a lot faster if you mentioned that in the first place.  Does it happen without Ryans Zombies mod activated (like vanilla AI)?

If not, then you should take it up with Ryan in his thread as it's an issue with his mod.

Upload a test mission and I'll check on my pc

Also, why the "goddammit"?  It's only a minor problem with a pc game.

What the, they don't go through it now, what the, i did a new mission to show you it and now they don't walk through the fences, not even when I give them a waypoint

Thing is there are 0 scripts in it tho, only editor placed objects, I don't understand this

Wait, i found the issue, maybe. When i make a fence area inside of virtual reality map, they never go through it, however when i make a line of fences in the editor on tanoa on a street, they just pass on through like nothing's there. 

Thanks but I can't play it as it's dependent on Ryans Zombies:

17:58:33 Warning Message: steam\__cur_sp.Tanoa\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class RyanZM_ModuleSpawn no longer exists
17:58:33 Missing addons detected:
17:58:33   ryanzombiesfunctions
17:58:33 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ryanzombiesfunctions
17:58:33 Warning Message: steam\__cur_sp.Tanoa\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class RyanZM_ModuleSpawn no longer exists
17:58:33 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ryanzombiesfunctions

You said this problem is in Vanilla as well - I can check Vanilla for probs but I'm not downloading a zombie mod to test mod problems.  If you've got a vanilla repro, then cool - if not then you'll have to check in with Ryan or maybe someone else is willing to give up time and help.

Thanks for doing that.

Ok I think I see what's wrong and I don't think it's anything you've done.  This used to be an issue but apparently they fixed it here:

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00034

Fixed - AI passing through static objects placed via the in-game editor

But maybe there was a regression or they didn't fix it properly.

Anyway, if you place one fence, then the AI respect it and can't go through it, but if you have multiple fences overlapping, then the AI ignore the geometry and walk through.  I think that if the bounding boxes overlap then this occurs.  Here's a couple of test missions demonstrating it.

silly_fences.stratis has a narrow alley with one fence and the AI go around the other way.
silly_fences2.stratis has fences placed so they don't interfere with each other.  (the AI walk around them through the gaps).

Obv this is no good for you as you need to have many fences placed end-to-end covering wide areas, so your best bet is to submit a bug report and hope they can fix. (And maybe in the meantime use some hesco barriers or other more solid obstructions and hope they aren't broken as well).  edit: nope just tried with them and they're broke as well  :\

All of the objects i tried don't work :/. I really need this to work for my project in arma 3 to work, goddammit.....

Thing is tho, if i trap them all in a "cage" of fences in VR they don't clip through it... 0.o is how I feel right now

Just submit a bug report and then you can move on to something else for now and come back to it when they fix it.  I wouldn't worry too much, just about anything I try and do in Arma comes up against bugs.  All you can do is report it and hope they can fix.