Sign in to follow this  
dr death jm

server obj not found , trying to find answers.. please read

http://pastebin.com/1ZGTYgYF  dedicated server

im starting to understand some of these server/client objects errors, but say like in dedicated server rpt

soon as mission starts i have 14 objects not found, Object(2 :some numvers) not found, so im assuming 2 is server?

and servching thru my mission i can for the life of me fined 14 objects even related, theres 15 vehicles, 30 units (players) 6 ammo creates,

5 destroyed vehicles around the kill zone, and 8 exploding barrels... 

but this isnt to much a big deal, what is happening further down the rpt sux to figure out, ive been messing with 

this mission for a while with no explination.. spam of server objects IE: 121? w,t,hell ... 

if my mission playes thru for an hour my rpt will be a gig, (this isnt good).

so are these server object errored because there executed on server but shouldnt be? or is there server looking for it to "BE" executed on server but its not?

if anyone is interested to help me find these answers ill send them my mission (only 5mb)... 

this could very well be somthing simple im missing (for the last 3 months of testing and editing), but who knows ... im a noob compared to 90% of the mission makers out there... 

thanks DrDeath JM

ok so, back to this .. rpt, 

mission read

I found these are about player or somthing to do with player, if some other player joins first the errors are still object 2 but after : numbers are diffrent

Error: Object(2 : 31) not found
Error: Object(2 : 32) not found
Error: Object(2 : 33) not found
Error: Object(2 : 34) not found
Error: Object(2 : 141) not found
Error: Object(2 : 142) not found
Error: Object(2 : 145) not found
Error: Object(2 : 146) not found
Error: Object(2 : 149) not found
Error: Object(2 : 150) not found
Error: Object(2 : 153) not found
Error: Object(2 : 154) not found
Error: Object(2 : 169) not found
Error: Object(2 : 170) not found
this is what i see for when game started 
 [2,"","__SERVER__"]
Error: Object(3 : 69) not found
Error: Object(3 : 68) not found
Error: Object(3 : 70) not found

this is the error message when player dies/respawns... for the most part Type_437 dosnt always show up
 5:16:32 Server: Object 3:107 not found (message Type_93)
 5:16:32 Server: Object 3:106 not found (message Type_93)
 5:16:32 Server: Object 3:108 not found (message Type_121)
 5:16:33 Server: Object 3:111 not found (message Type_437)
 5:16:33 Server: Object 3:110 not found (message Type_121)
 5:16:33 Server: Object 3:113 not found (message Type_93)
 5:16:33 Server: Object 3:112 not found (message Type_121)
Error: Object(3 : 113) not found
 5:16:33 Client: Object 3:116 (type Type_121) not found.

Im still looking for help to end these messages, its starting to look like complications in,
if something is local to player server and how its being called.
and or if it (script/code) even needs to be defined local player or server..
is there for any reason a local script would need to become not local? 
i had separated ai loadouts, and player loadouts.. ai are not local or i dont think they are? there made from editor not spawned from player..

what does this do_Unit = param [0, objNull, [objNull]];

wow ok didn't see that coming ..

sorry to say fn_Q  but if there was no solution, then "how is it possible" that i took it down from were i started, to only a few of these messages left?

you might not have a solution, dose not meen there isn't one.

:huh:  I really wasn't expecting a negative response, there is no were, (anywhere)  that concludes "there is no solution" ....  

• Like 1

~ removed ~

totally mixed something up there

wow ok didn't see that coming ..

sorry to say fn_Q  but if there was no solution, then "how is it possible" that i took it down from were i started, to only a few of these messages left?

you might not have a solution, dose not meen there isn't one.

:huh:  I really wasn't expecting a negative response, there is no were, (anywhere)  that concludes "there is no solution" ....  

yea sorry, replied on a bad day :)

a simple google search of the issue will yield a small mountain of past discussions about the server/client object not found issues.

its an engine problem that modders cannot fix and relevant BI developers will not address (or even discuss). https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82940

• Like 1

yea sorry, replied on a bad day :)

a simple google search of the issue will yield a small mountain of past discussions about the server/client object not found issues.

its an engine problem that modders cannot fix and relevant BI developers will not address (or even discuss). https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82940

Yeah ive read alot of the google answers. I personly can see why it is the way it is but besides lacking the right scripting skills id have a hard time explaining it so proper coders like yourself would understand me.

Like this for instances. When a player dies it goes from being local to client to being server ( thats when you see the first few object errors). It has everything todo with player locality and ammo. Maybe i need to get rid of death? Or delete everything from player before full death happends? Or easy way out ( if it would work) bis_fnc_error faults ... Sorry babbling just my thoughts...!

ok update on my progress, it seems to get rid of these messages is not an easy task, in my case I have 3 sides, all playable ai from mission editor (not spawned in).

when a player joins he joins into one of the ai units, so from here the unit goes from server unit,back to local unit. when the unit dies it goes to the server then local again. 

So all that nonsense being said, 

I started to exchange scripts/execVM/calls from init,initPlayerLocal and initServer, and "what do ya know" Im down to 3 warning/errors of objects.

121,93 and shitsss can't remember the 3rd ...