Intresting to see this.   Will you be adding some sounds to represent wet shooes,if wearer has a poncho,it might be harder to hear things,headphones may work less efficient,clothes may make more noice?  Make the soldier shiver,hear his car keys,

Intresting to see this.   Will you be adding some sounds to represent wet shooes,if wearer has a poncho,it might be harder to hear things,headphones may work less efficient,clothes may make more noice?  Make the soldier shiver,hear his car keys,

It isn't part of the planned scope, but I may look at additional immersive features like these somewhere down the line.

THIS! This really needs to become a thing in modding community. Like JAM before and CBA now!  ;)

If you don't mind me asking, what is JAM?

As for this mod, cool stuff! One of the cool things about mods like this is they add something that when you look at it in retrospect, you're surprised it wasn't done sooner.

Keep it up.

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, what is JAM?

JAM was a fairly successful effort in OFP modding to bring ammo/magazines from different mods to a somewhat unified standart.

Perhaps even interchangeable mags, but my memory on this is throwing errors the size of A3 1.60 patch bugs  ;)

Version 0.3.1 Now Live

Changelog:

• Added: Script Handles for modifying dry-off time based on time of day, weather etc. (During the Day when it is sunny gear dries much faster than early morning and cloudy).
  • Added: Script Handles for dynamically altering textures (should prevent having some gear inversely swapping to and from rain gear when it was meant to be dry or wet).
  • Fixed: Error caused by incorrect Bikey/Bisign.
  • Fixed: Error in Script Handles for drying off when inside a vehicle or building, this should work as intended now.
Please Note: This is a small script based update, no new Rain Textured content is present.
  • Like 3

Version 0.3.2 Now Live

Changelog:

• Added: New Rain Textured Weapons ... Katiba Rifle*, Rook 40 Pistol*, ACPC2 Pistol*, 45 Pistol*, Zafir LMG, Rahim Marksman Rifle, GM6 Sniper Rifle, RPG32 Rocket Launcher.
  • Potentially Fixed: Script Error that Causes Gear to Duplicate in Certain Circumstances on a Dedicated Server (Testing Still Underway).

[* Please see Section on Hidden Selections for more Information.]

Hidden Selections
Unfortunately I discovered, quite recently while putting together this update, that a couple of the weapons (and every attachment available for the weapons), did not have hidden selections. What this means is that I am currently unable to display the custom Rain Textures in game for these affected weapons and items.

I will start up a Feature Request thread on the Arma 3 Feedback Tracker (Link to be added soon), and Hopefully we'll be able to get those added at some point. The textures are in place and ready to go, so as soon as the selections are added, they will reflect in-game.

Currently Affected Weapons:
  • Katiba Rifle
  • Rook 40 Pistol
  • ACPC2 Pistol
  • 45 Pistol

*Update Should Reflect on Play withSix and Steam within 1 Hour

• Like 3

Version 0.3.3 Now Live

Changelog:
  • Changed: Refactored the Gear Switching Component of Rain Textures, using setUnitLoadout and getUnitLoadout introduced in the Arma 3 1.58 update. Thanks Bohemia :)

*Update Should Reflect on Play withSix and Steam within 1 Hour

Version 0.4.0 Now Live

Changelog:

• Added: Experimental RVMAT for all vehicles to apply rain textures (including modded vehicles). *See new screenshots
  • Added: Experimental RVMAT for all uniforms to apply rain textures (including modded uniforms). Note that this only applies if a rain class is not already defined for the uniform.
  • Added: Experimental RVMAT for all backpacks to apply rain textures (including modded backpacks). Note that this only applies if a rain class is not already defined for the backpack.
  • Changed: Refactored the Gear Switching Component of Rain Textures, now supports all weapon attachments, items and magazines (provided they have defined rain classes).

Note: All Experimental functionality can be turned off as a fail safe. This is because, as per usual, RVMATs are very temperamental and often choose not to load for no particular reason. It's because of this that I've written in overrides to stop these experimental features from running if you deem them to be more detrimental to your experience than beneficial. In addition to this, the default rain rvmats are not likely to look as good as custom made ones might, so they will act as placeholders (specifically the uniforms and backpacks) until I can find time to finish them (this only applies to vanilla gear). I would've used this system for all gear items but unfortunately setObjectMaterial can only operate on Uniforms and Backpacks... such is the way of things.

Spoiler

E7E31CE0F48C20ED4A8F264460A81892BBDD927F

32A85E7BDC1843582AF54082F0FA1C7FDEAA470E

157D33024FF216B6BE2772D7A3C948EC2EB9780B

DCE2B1C8638956BD0100BFA3A3738DAAC896F125

766B0ED597E2FC0E5CCB29C68A3FD4FC8D06BC43

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Thank you very much Rabid Squirrel , it's a really Great work and addition to arma 3 !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Version 0.4.5 Now Live

Changelog:

• Changed: Moved the re-texturing handler to be processed client-side in a Dedicated server environment, all AI will continue to be handled by the server. Single-player is unaffected.
  • Fixed: Several issues causing texture switches to fail.

So to make sure i understand ...

This mod is cleinet side?

Does it efect FPS mutch?

Just now, loopdk said:

So to make sure i understand ...

This mod is cleinet side?

Does it efect FPS mutch?

It needs to be run on both the server and the client, this is because the server needs to be aware of all the new classes that drive the texture switching handler.

FPS effects are minimal so far as I have gathered (my unit has run it on our server for the last 3-ish years with no serious fps hits caused by it).

It looks wery nice..

Will it efect 3cb mods and CUP and CFP?

4 minutes ago, loopdk said:

It looks wery nice..

Will it efect 3cb mods and CUP and CFP?

On 8/26/2016 at 8:01 PM, Rabid Squirrel said:

How does this Mod work?
When the "rain value" in game is above 50%, doesn't matter whether it is in the Editor, or the Singleplayer Campaign, the textures will apply to the gear. If at any point the rain calms down, or stops, the textures will be removed from the weapon. This was designed with seamless integration in mind, it should be fully compatible with any missions or campaigns that contain Vanilla Arma 3 Content.

Experimental Functionality:

... In addition to this, the default rain rvmats are not likely to look as good as custom made ones might, so they will act as placeholders (specifically the uniforms and backpacks) until I can find time to finish them (this only applies to vanilla gear). I would've used this system for all gear items but unfortunately setObjectMaterial can only operate on Uniforms and Backpacks... such is the way of things.

In addition to the above, all vehicles (regardless of mod) should be altered.