is rain mapping the effect that is shown on the train that is sticking out the tunnel? like only making surfaces look wet that are exposed to the sky?

Yup - as I understand it, it's a variation on pre-baked lighting map, but for rain.

Same with rain water streaming down structure walls and the like - preconfigged.

TBH looks absolutely gorgeous even now (8 years later) save for some incorrectly mapped structures...  ;)

• Like 1

Version 0.2.5 Now Live

Changelog:

• Added: CSAT Uniforms, Vests, and Helmets
  • Added: CTRG Uniforms
  • Added: AAF Uniform Rvmats (No Uniforms Yet)
  • Changed: Texture Maps for Several Backpacks for more Natural looking Rain Effect
  • Changed: Reworked Pretty Much all of the Functions
  • Fixed: Cannot load texture 'rain_tex\vests\data\equip_chestrig_khk_rain_co.paa'

jRUmCmb.jpg

• Like 6

Super. ANy plan to RT RHS mod ? or you need permision from RHS team?

Super. ANy plan to RT RHS mod ? or you need permision from RHS team?

He needs to finish vanilla first

Just simply a Amazing Mod so far..  :wub:  BI, check this out... splashes on the surface? is possible?

I am looking into this, we'll see, but I am not making any promises.

Amazing and working now with other mods now! You should open up the source or a config file so other mods can use this system such as RHS, Niarms, VSM, CUP, SMA,  other weapons, gear and vehicle mods...

BI should develop a universal shader system like this. 

The function system should allow for the inclusion of any mod, and I am willing to give out the rain _nohq and _smdi textures to anyone that asks for them. I may however attempt those myself once I have finished with the Vanilla Content, but no promises.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

RS - Rain Textures v0.2.5

Thanks!

He needs to finish vanilla first

What he said ^^  ;)

• Like 2

10/10 for "wet" look of gear and uniform. I would recommend adding some delay between "wet" and "dry" states of the effect to simulate a time of "drying" of the equipment.

Hey there,

This should be added as of v0.2.5, with a 5 minute dry off time. It is a little bit glitchy when drying off in buildings - but coming out from the water, and drying off inside a vehicle, or outside in the sun works fine.

Hello,

Just my 2 cents : is it possible to think of applying the wet effect when you jump into water (and last a little while after exiting sea) ?

I just saw this effect on Mafia 3 video, that's why I tought about it.

Hello,

Just my 2 cents : is it possible to think of applying the wet effect when you jump into water (and last a little while after exiting sea) ?

I just saw this effect on Mafia 3 video, that's why I tought about it.

This happens already as of Update 0.2.5

• Like 1

Awesome :) sorry for being not up to date !

Does Update 2.5 work with other mods? e.g. IFA3 (Iron Front for Ama 3)

Does Update 2.5 work with other mods? e.g. IFA3 (Iron Front for Ama 3)

Unfortunately, no.

The textures have to be made specifically for the gear at the moment, so they wont be applied to anything other than the Vanilla items listed.

I am working on a possible "One texture fits all" solution, but that will (if it does even get out of a testing phase) only be present in a later update.

• Like 2

Version 0.2.6 and 0.2.7 (Hotfixes)

Changelog:

• Fixed: Broken Server Key and Bisign
  • Fixed: ACE Compatibility Error
  • Like 2

Bit of a question, but is it possible to have the wet versions of gear hidden from arsenal in any way, short of a server whitelist?

Wet textures should go great with my FROGS Combat Diver Project. Excited to try this out! :wub:

Bit of a question, but is it possible to have the wet versions of gear hidden from arsenal in any way, short of a server whitelist?

Yes, there is, and they should all be hidden in the arsenal with the next update. I was hanging onto them for testing purposes... however I have two builds now, so all the released versions from now on will have them hidden :)

• Like 2

Version 0.2.8 Now Live

Changelog:

• Fixed: Error when a Unit is deleted that has Rain Textures Running.
  • Fixed: Gear should be returned to the correct place now (i.e. If it was in your vest it should be put back in your vest).
  • Fixed: When playing in MP Functions should only be run once per unit now.
  • Like 1

Apologies for the delay in releasing the rest of the NATO gear, my plans for the past couple of days have been disrupted, and because of this I haven't been able to get the last few things ready for the release.

Rest assured, the update will be sometime this weekend.

Cheers,

Squirrel.

• Like 4

Version 0.3 Now Live

Changelog:

• Added: Textures for a Large Number of Caps, Hats, and Beanies.
  • Added: Textures for Crew Helmets for NATO and CSAT.
  • Added: Textures for Heli-Pilot/Crew Helmets and Uniforms for CSAT, AAF, and NATO.
  • Added: 2 Weapons - Mk.14 EBR, and M320 NATO Sniper Rifle.
  • Removed: Access to items in the Arsenal (All changes should now take place behind the scenes)

Please Note: Launchers, Night Vision Goggles and Ghillie Suits are not present in this update as they are a WIP at the moment.

S9Z0emA.jpg

• Like 5

THIS! This really needs to become a thing in modding community. Like JAM before and CBA now!  ;)

• Like 1