ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

whenever I toggle mute myself, I automatically unmute for some reason. this is an acre specific issue. pls help

On 6/25/2021 at 7:43 PM, za0 said:

Well... I'm creating a mission using ACRE2 but I didn't let the characters have any radio at the beginning. So I edited their equipment and none of them have any radio.
But when I test, everybody has an AN/PRC-343 in inventory. They automatically start with it.
Is there a way to disable this automatic appearance of radio in the inventory?
Tks in advance guys!

That is the default Arma radio being converted to a 343. You can either remove the default radio or change the radio it gets converted using an API function.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, NSCT said:

As i said, the Channel number for the AN/PRC-77 stays 1, no matter which frequency i apply.

For all the other radios, including the SEMs, reading out the channel works. But not for the 77.

77 only has 1 channel. You change frequencies on it, not channels. You can get the frequency, but that's a bit more involved.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:16 AM, payne2010 said:

I know this is probably going to sound weird but me and and some friends are going back to Arma 2 CO and we want to do the good old ace and acre mission but I know that acre is out dated for ts. So I was wondering if there is a way it could be updated to work with todays ts instead of having to find a older version of ts to use it? 

We have no plans of updating the Arma 2 mod or TeamSpeak plugin.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:31 PM, drowsee said:

whenever I toggle mute myself, I automatically unmute for some reason. this is an acre specific issue. pls help

You can set yourself as away, ACRE will not reset that. Same result though.

ACRE2 Release 2.9.1

Smaller update featuring S.O.G. Prairie Fire's new Khe Sanh terrain compatibility (thanks to @veteran29) and support for precompiled SQF Bytecode (SQFC), drastically improving launch and execution time. This update also brings numerous fixes and improvements.

In addition, @Drofseh prepared a set of Antenna Gain Pattern videos visualizing the signal pattern of the antenna over the supported range of frequencies. Gain patterns can be used to determine the best frequencies to use in specific conditions with a given antenna. A list of antennas and their gain pattern visualizations can be found on our wiki!

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Is there a list, somewhere, of the supported terrains for ACRE2?

If a terrain is not supported, can a user work on the compatibility himself or does it have to be done by the ACRE dev team?

Thanks

6 hours ago, redleouf said:

Hi,

Is there a list, somewhere, of the supported terrains for ACRE2?

If a terrain is not supported, can a user work on the compatibility himself or does it have to be done by the ACRE dev team?

Thanks

All terrains packaged in regular .pbo files are supported with dynamic terrain parsing.

Only (C)DLC terrains require a compatibility pack due to encrypted .ebo files. Compatibility for those is done either by the (C)DLC team (best quality) or us (by exporting the required data into an external file we can read and gets packaged into a regular .pbo).

Has anyone experienced an issue where when you go in and out of Zeus your radio channels will default back to channel 1 ? Even after being set to a different channel. This is happening constantly when we use zeus 

Hey Everybody ! 

i wonder:

is it possible to put radio 343,152 and 117 in loudspeaker ?
Because I can't find a command

thank you in advance! 😄 

9 hours ago, Sayker said:

Hey Everybody ! 

i wonder:

is it possible to put radio 343,152 and 117 in loudspeaker ?
Because I can't find a command

thank you in advance! 😄 

On the 152:

Here's how to set the 148 speaker:

The 343 and 117 does not have radio speaker functionality.

ACRE2 Release 2.10.0

New radio joins the ACRE family - the BF-888S is a low-cost portable UHF radio with range of up to 5km in ideal condition and 16 programmable channel presets. Thanks to @Jsmuk for integration and Clark for the model.

callum-clark-1.jpg?1629738369

Compatibility for two Creator DLCs: Western Sahara and CSLA Iron Curtain have been added by @Dahlgren.

acre2_ws_compat_small-logo.pngacre2_csla_compat_small-logo.png

Attenuation system received 2 configuration updates as well, the attenuation factor between a turned-in person and another turned-out person, as well as attenuation factor for turned-out positions between different compartments. Thanks to @Timi007 and his illustrations showcasing the new configuration for mods to use.

Lastly, internal speakers of all radios were updated with an additional low shelf filter effect, making it more apparent the audio is coming from a speaker.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Acre Team,

I have just a short quesiton. For playing the S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC (in this case Mike Force Mode) is there the ACRE2 S.O.G. Prairie Fire Compatibility Mod already needed? I had one case that a player spawnt just with ACRE2 Mod and he could communicate by voice and radio without any problem and so I am already unsure If we need this Mod on the Server or we can source out by our next update.

Congrats for youre new Update and the best for you and your project in the Future 🙂

1 hour ago, SirBassi said:

Hi Acre Team,

I have just a short quesiton. For playing the S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC (in this case Mike Force Mode) is there the ACRE2 S.O.G. Prairie Fire Compatibility Mod already needed? I had one case that a player spawnt just with ACRE2 Mod and he could communicate by voice and radio without any problem and so I am already unsure If we need this Mod on the Server or we can source out by our next update.

Congrats for youre new Update and the best for you and your project in the Future 🙂

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2450980898

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ACRE_Team said:

ACRE2 Release 2.10.0

New radio joins the ACRE family - the BF-888S is a low-cost portable UHF radio with range of up to 5km in ideal condition and 16 programmable channel presets. Thanks to @Jsmuk for integration and Clark for the model.

callum-clark-1.jpg?1629738369

Compatibility for two Creator DLCs: Western Sahara and CSLA Iron Curtain have been added by @Dahlgren.

acre2_ws_compat_small-logo.pngacre2_csla_compat_small-logo.png

Attenuation system received 2 configuration updates as well, the attenuation factor between a turned-in person and another turned-out person, as well as attenuation factor for turned-out positions between different compartments. Thanks to @Timi007 and his illustrations showcasing the new configuration for mods to use.

Lastly, internal speakers of all radios were updated with an additional low shelf filter effect, making it more apparent the audio is coming from a speaker.

Seems a value added version by Clark

Not sure where to ask this but I wondered if you fellas have added (and I ironically  haven't found) or might consider adding voice protection/encryption (called COMSEC systems in most manuals) to radio channels. As far as I'm aware the AN/PRC 77, AN/PRC 177F, AN/PRC 152 are capable of MELP (Mixed-excitation linear prediction). Well, most modern military radios are capable of secure voice. 

I don't think you'd need to actually code an encryption system, just use the babel system to speak gibberish if the radios aren't set up with the same secure voice codes. It would be nice to see.

Otherwise, really like the mod. Bit of a radio nerd here. 

I've never used Babel before but, I assumed that Babel worked with radios also.
Is that not the case?

Hello @ACRE_Team,
i'm deciding between tfar and acre2 for my (very small semi casual/semi milsim) group of friends. We do not run (and do not plan to run) ACE and while acre2 does not list ace as dependency i understand that some features need ace to work. Is this correct?
Will acre2 always work without ace or do you consider making ace a proper dependency in the future?

Since the group is quite small we will mainly use squad/handheld radios. Does acre2 offer any benefits in this area over tfar (especially considering lack of ace)? From my understanding acre2 shines mostly in more complex milsim environments... Any thoughts?
Thanks!

ACRE2 Release 2.11.0

New release after a year featuring The Bra terrain compatibility for S.O.G. Prairie Fire by @Dahlgren and VOIP Information API by @killerswin2 allowing implementation of Enforcer systems to force users to connect to ACRE or purely informational use (note: Enforcer system is not provided with ACRE2).

A logging issue with large data packets that were causing hitching has been fixed thanks to @JonBons, who also added a friendly debug tool for diagnosing compartment attenuation behaviour.

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.6.0 was just released, and with that, our compatibility with the new API v26. This release also marks the first release built with the new HEMTT v1 build system, which already found some significant config issues that were fixed and improved.

attenuate_debuginfo.jpg

• Like 3

Is anyone else seeing player TeamSpeak/Arma crashing issues since this update? My unit is seeing a mass amount during operations.

Hello, I looked through the wiki last night but couldn't find anything on this so I figured I'd ask here:

How would I go about adding my own custom sounds to ACRE as far as key-up sounds? Furthermore is there a way to have different key-up sounds for select radios?

ACRE2 Release 2.12.0

All compatibility packs (Global Mobilization, S.O.G. Prairie Fire, Western Sahara, CSLA Iron Curtain and newest Spearhead 1944) are now automatically loaded when necessary. Workshop items for them have been removed. Information about different compatibilities provided in the ACRE2 package can be found on our wiki.

This release adds compatibility for Spearhead 1944's Normandy terrain by @Drofseh and the Heavy Ordnance Works team, while @veteran29 expanded S.O.G. Prairie Fire compatibility with improved racks and attentuation configs.

A freeze or deadlock in the TeamSpeak 3 plugin since TeamSpeak's v3.6.0 release has also been fixed. And thanks to @mrschick, user experience has been improved when using Radios connected to an Intercom.

• Like 3

Hi,

I'm using the Radio Signal Debugging script. I understand that it renders with the Terrain Loss coefficient set to 1. Is it possible to change this variable to generate a map with a different value for the coefficient?