ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Hi,

Using this and this examples from documentation I made two script to manage radio displays and channel setup.

I call my script to manage display radio from initServer whith this sentence:

[[],"core\scripts\setup_ACRE2_displays.sqf"] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_execVM", 0, false];

This work ok to all people that are in server when the mission begins. The problems is for the people that go inside later.

I'd tried to put this sentence in initPlayerServer whitout success. I coulden't find in documentation from where examples are called.

Beacause own conventions in our group we don't use init.sqf

Any help will be apreciated

ACRE2 Release 2.8.0

This release adds new God Mode speaking, allowing administrators or game masters to talk with each other or to the entire server, bypassing distance. Administrators can setup custom groups via the God Mode API and only allow access to specified players.

93462775-20399580-f8e7-11ea-8e43-811abae

Spectator received a new feature - ability to listen in on radios and observe who is currently speaking on them. Clicking on a player now shows a new radio selection UI. Anyone speaking on the selected radios will be displayed in the top right corner with the radio they are speaking on. Support for other Spectator displays may be provided with use of the Spectator Displays API.

82530200-cbd60300-9b0a-11ea-8f70-ba18f9a

87079309-d734d900-c1f3-11ea-9454-84bf875a1144.png

Notification System received a rigidity update and support for custom displays. Curator (Zeus), Arsenal and Spectator displays (Vanilla and ACE3) will now show notifications on top.

Documentation now contains a list of all public API functions for easy reference. Additionally some issues regarding antenna positions calculation and signal were fixed.

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I use this configuration in the cba_settings_userconfig.pbo of a dedicated server:

force acre_sys_signal_signalModel = 1;

Looking at the RTP file I read:
[

[ACRE] (sys_signal) INFO: Using radio propagation model: LOS Multipath

That could be happening?

Can you take a look at the last bug report about people randomly being unable to communicate, that bug made my community (not the one in the report) leave ACRE to TFAR

On 9/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, CW4 Carrera said:

Could we get a tutorial on how to set up god mode for the lesser code savvy of us?

+1

Possibly an example mission, I struggle with initialization as specified units are absent as players join. 

Same goes for a tut/example mission of Spectator setup. 

On 10/8/2020 at 9:27 PM, Synchronized said:

Can you take a look at the last bug report about people randomly being unable to communicate

TFAR has that too (but pretty rarely I guess). I'm pretty sure there's something funky in Teamspeak.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 5:24 PM, igorpc1 said:

Can someone explain how does GSM towers work and how to work with them?

Do you mean GSA - Ground Spike Antenna? We use them and they work well in difficult terrain to gain a few meters in antenna height and LoS. 

You place it on the ground and ace interact up rather high on it. 

At present, does ACRE2 have any well-known issues with other common mods? Or does it play well with most others?

And a second question - which may well have been answered elsewhere, but I’ve not found a clear answer: for groups not using ACE3, is the vehicle intercom functionality restricted or entirely absent?

Is it possible that you add a feature, that allows for people with a longrange radio to hand over a telephone. Instead of giving the TL the hole LR they can just take a phone and talk on radio.

2 hours ago, Ola Holtan said:

Is it possible that you add a feature, that allows for people with a longrange radio to hand over a telephone. Instead of giving the TL the hole LR they can just take a phone and talk on radio.

Pretty sure there's already an ACE self-action to "share radio", allowing them to use it.

My apologize, if it was asked before. I have lost my patience with the forum search feature making it difficult to view result pages...
Is it possible to somehow get both main and alternate frequencies set in primary and secondary radios racked in a vehicle drove by a player in order to use them further in a custom script ? I'd like to create COMM displays in a plane that show those frequencies on a plane's dashboard. Any changes in those frequencies would be updated via the script. I am just wondering if it's doable but couldn't find the information about that in ACRE documentation.

Better late answer than never, but we don't follow this topic very much, primary contact is our GitHub.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:24 PM, igorpc1 said:

Can someone explain how does GSM towers work and how to work with them?

https://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/frameworks/god-mode

On 1/12/2021 at 11:19 AM, thirith said:

At present, does ACRE2 have any well-known issues with other common mods? Or does it play well with most others?

You can see well-known issue on our GitHub: https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+label%3Aconflict

There are none open at the moment, but that does not exclude smaller incompatibilities, especially with mods/scripts that modify inventory in a way that breaks radio IDs.

On 1/13/2021 at 12:57 PM, thirith said:

And a second question - which may well have been answered elsewhere, but I’ve not found a clear answer: for groups not using ACE3, is the vehicle intercom functionality restricted or entirely absent?

Basic Vehicle Intercom works without any interaction (automatically activated on vehicle enter), but any further interaction (eg. switching intercom channels, opening the UI and changing volume in it) will require ACE3. There are keybinds as well, but they do not activate without ACE3, maybe something that could be improved.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:19 PM, NightIntruder said:

My apologize, if it was asked before. I have lost my patience with the forum search feature making it difficult to view result pages...
Is it possible to somehow get both main and alternate frequencies set in primary and secondary radios racked in a vehicle drove by a player in order to use them further in a custom script ? I'd like to create COMM displays in a plane that show those frequencies on a plane's dashboard. Any changes in those frequencies would be updated via the script. I am just wondering if it's doable but couldn't find the information about that in ACRE documentation.

There are no "alternate" frequencies in ACRE, you have one frequency (or internally TX for transmit and RX for receive, but radios don't expose that).

You can use acre_api_fnc_getRadioChannel to get the current channel of any radio, be it racked or personal.

• Like 1

State of ACRE2

With new developments and funding for the next iteration of ACRE, support for ACRE2, the flagship product of IDI-Systems, is sunsetting, but it is not going away!

Read more on our Wiki

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

New Community Home

ACRE2 community now lives together with ACE3. Head over to ACE3 Slack and join the #acre2 channel!

We will continue to post new development builds and other information there.

Thanks to @ACE3Mod for the long-lasting cooperation!

Read more on our Wiki

• Thanks 1

ACRE2 Release 2.9.0

This release adds new Gestures when using the radios. Using vanilla animations, it comes with support for two types of radios. Some radios will play a chest touching gestures, and others will play an ear touching gesture. Thanks to @Cyruz143.

xVHtEZ0.jpg5C2zEnV.jpg

Compatibility for the new Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire has also been added in collaboration with the Savage Game Design team. In addition to terrain compatibility, it also adds support for using AN/PRC-77 in the co-op campaign.

acre2_sog_compat_small-logo.png

Additionally, ACE Arsenal Stats were added as well as additional and improved API. Thanks to reports and ideas from the community, voice position is now smoother, especially noticeable in vehicles.

ULXixS9.pngLH0exqb.png

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 5

Well... I'm creating a mission using ACRE2 but I didn't let the characters have any radio at the beginning. So I edited their equipment and none of them have any radio.
But when I test, everybody has an AN/PRC-343 in inventory. They automatically start with it.
Is there a way to disable this automatic appearance of radio in the inventory?
Tks in advance guys!

Is there a way to read out the currently set frequency on the AN/PRC-77? The currently selected channel seems to stay 1 when i change the frequency on the radio. For other radios, like the 148, i can use the channel, but not for the 77.

Im trying to play a sound when someone enters a trigger, but only for radio operators that are currently on a certain radio frequency, to simulate radio messages on the company-frequency.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:43 PM, za0 said:

Well... I'm creating a mission using ACRE2 but I didn't let the characters have any radio at the beginning. So I edited their equipment and none of them have any radio.
But when I test, everybody has an AN/PRC-343 in inventory. They automatically start with it.
Is there a way to disable this automatic appearance of radio in the inventory?
Tks in advance guys!

Take a look at their guide: https://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/frameworks/mission-making-guide You can find example missions that have an .sqf file where you can edit the settings.

5 hours ago, NSCT said:

Is there a way to read out the currently set frequency on the AN/PRC-77? The currently selected channel seems to stay 1 when i change the frequency on the radio. For other radios, like the 148, i can use the channel, but not for the 77.

Im trying to play a sound when someone enters a trigger, but only for radio operators that are currently on a certain radio frequency, to simulate radio messages on the company-frequency.

https://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/frameworks/functions-list#acre_api_fnc_getcurrentradiochannelnumber 

I know this is probably going to sound weird but me and and some friends are going back to Arma 2 CO and we want to do the good old ace and acre mission but I know that acre is out dated for ts. So I was wondering if there is a way it could be updated to work with todays ts instead of having to find a older version of ts to use it?