ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Thanks for the replies. 

Steam, arma3 launcher, arma3 and ts3 are all set to run as administrator. 

Arma3 files have been verified

Still black screen on load, no change after 20 mins. 

No issues with antivirus that i am aware of. 

using windows anti-virus, toggled off, same issue. Toby eye tracking, i have... turned this off, same issue.

edit 2 - there is a service for toby still running, this has now been stopped, outcome is it does load.... thank you for the assistance. do you happen to know why there may be a conflict there?

@brainslush

Hallo. I have noted the ACE interaction with ACRE radios include the ability to "bend antenna upward" and then "straighten antenna". I have not been able to find any documentation that describes what this is used for/what the effect is on the different radios?
Update: Found it....

The antenna direction for infantry is simulated as being relative to the direction of their back. If radio antenna direction is not ignored (see below) this can be observed by having difficulties receiving transmissions from other players who are prone if you are standing and vice versa as the antennas will be out of alignment.

However it is possible to manually align the antenna by bending it in order to improve signal quality. To keep it as simple as possible, there are only two possible antenna alignments, the player can choose between the two via ACE Interaction Menu.

Edited by ShaKi-78
Asked and answered

Hi, we are having a lot of troubles with ACRE. In the last two events, al least at 2 or 3 hours of playing people begin to stop listening others but others listen that people in long range and short range radios. I have RPT of both events. First one almost 50 players and next one 25 five players. 

We are in 3.3.2 all clients. All with same ACRE version. 

We love ACRE, but this failures are breaking latest events. We are the only one??

Thanks!!

On 11/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Sanchez Milsim said:

Hi, we are having a lot of troubles with ACRE. In the last two events, al least at 2 or 3 hours of playing people begin to stop listening others but others listen that people in long range and short range radios. I have RPT of both events. First one almost 50 players and next one 25 five players. 

We are in 3.3.2 all clients. All with same ACRE version. 

We love ACRE, but this failures are breaking latest events. We are the only one??

Thanks!!

I'm having the same issue, but with much fewer  player count of around 7. It works fine at the start but eventually people stop receiving radio piece by piece and then lose it all togther and we switch back to discord comms. I really want to get ACRE working as it's great, but this issue basically kills it for us unless we can get it fixed. We had the same problem months ago and stopped using it in Antistasi, but I thought it was because of low server fps because, well, antistasi. Now after monitoring server fps, in this regular op, radios were working fine, fps rarely dropped below 20 and when it started to stop working server fps was around 30, so I don't think that's the issue. Looking around and haven't really found anything definitive, any help would be appreciated

I'm running a dedicated server and have the the RPTs if needed, acre errors seem related to duplicate radio id found or something.

Edit: Here is the client RPT

https://gist.github.com/Ivorystate/3877ecbcd6de6e94a036e2127b08bf66#file-clientrpt

and server RPT

https://gist.github.com/Ivorystate/a8b0dfbc7986f13ae5b158ea7d84c1ec

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CW4 Carrera said:

@Sanchez Milsim @Ivorystate We have the same issue, we found setting "acre_sys_core_terrainLoss" to 0 will fix this problem. The problem with this is radios will have unlimited range but the trade off is much better.

Thanks, will try this next time.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 7:22 AM, CW4 Carrera said:

@Sanchez Milsim @Ivorystate We have the same issue, we found setting "acre_sys_core_terrainLoss" to 0 will fix this problem. The problem with this is radios will have unlimited range but the trade off is much better.

I try it, thanks!!!

Ran a mission today. Players heard no beeps when pressing the PTT on the radio. One member could not hear his own team on the radio but they could hear him.

Bonjour everybody,

pardon of this has been answered somewhere, but I've been digging and googling tor the last half of an hour and couldn't find anything.

A buddy of mine linked me to this video, in which the guy's radio transmission is played back by loudspeaker objects within a city.

How would you go about doing that?

Thanks!

20 hours ago, laxemann said:

Bonjour everybody,

pardon of this has been answered somewhere, but I've been digging and googling tor the last half of an hour and couldn't find anything.

A buddy of mine linked me to this video, in which the guy's radio transmission is played back by loudspeaker objects within a city.

How would you go about doing that?

Thanks!

The video you linked is TFAR, not ACRE.

TFAR lets you pre-configure a radio (doubleclick in 3DEN) and then you can place it somewhere as a speaker and make it invisible. I assume thats exactly what they did in that video.

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

The video you linked is TFAR, not ACRE.

TFAR lets you pre-configure a radio (doubleclick in 3DEN) and then you can place it somewhere as a speaker and make it invisible. I assume thats exactly what they did in that video.

Oh, thanks for the reply, dude! Appreciate it.

@laxemann The same can be done in ACRE2. You just need to enable the speaker in a  152/148/sem 52sl

The 343 and the 117F do not have speakers

Hello developers,
My friend tried to install ACRE2 the first time but the automatic installation method failed as it didn't pop out of any notification of successful install. Then we tried to install it manually, it works but later when he entered the game and shows an error message of “ACRE IS NOT CONNECTED TO TEAMSPEAK!”
We also tried both arma3 and teamspeak3 run as system administrator but the error message keeps popping out.
Then we found that the his ts3 keep showing the message of “Insufficient client permissions”.
No matter how we reinstall windows, ts3 and ARMA3, the problem still exists.

I've been using ACRE2 for awhile now. 
I had to reinstall Windows 10, and upon reinstalling everything,
I now get the following error when starting Arma 3.

"ACRE2 was unable to find a TemaSpeak 3 installation.  If you do
have an installation please copy the plugins yourself or reinstall Teamspeak 3.

If you are sure you have TeamSpeak  3 installed and wish to

prevent this message from appearing again remove

ACRE2Steam.dll and ACRE2Steam_x64.ll from your @acre2 folder.

Continue Anyway?  Yes No"

I've tried copying plugins to the Teamspeak 3 Plugin folder, but I still get the error,
and also get a Mismatched Version error, when I have the latest version installed. 
I tried wiping all of the ACRE2 files from the users directory and the Teamspeak 3 folder and starting over.
People can hear me and I can hear them in proximity in game, but I have this massive red overlay telling me my version is mismatched, and the error
when starting Arma 3.

I'm at the end of my rope and hope someone can tell me what I'm missing here as it worked perfectly before.

Hi there.

If you're still having this issue tonight, I'll help you out. I'll be home from work around 5pm London time. 

Teamspeak: 31.186.251.218

I got ACRE2 to work, but I still get that error when I start Arma 3 up.
I guess I will just delete the files it says to delete if you don't want to see the message again.

Does ACRE2 prevent scripts that rely on itemRadio from working correctly? I came across an issue of kbTell not working properly when running ACRE2. I assume it is because the itemRadio is blocked. Is there a way to unblock that so that I can add the itemRadio to the NPCs that I need to speak?

You can reference this post to see the issue I am having.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/227341-updated-kbtell-has-no-audio/?tab=comments#comment-3392585

I discovered that you can still use variable linkItem "itemRadio"; in the init.sqf and force add it to the character.

I am starting an arma3 server in nitrado and uploading the mod of acre there is a file that gives error and I cannot upload it, help please