ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Important note:

Racks that are connected to intercom can no longer be accessed using the ACE interaction menu. To use them, one must open the Intercom UI (Default to Ctrl + Shift + Tab) and select the desired radio(s) using the upper two knobs as described in https://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/user/vehicle-intercom#full-functional-crew-station-ffcs

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 3:15 PM, magnetar said:

You can find all releases in: https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/releases

However, if you do not post RPT we won't be able to help nor identify a possible problem.

I've made a post with as much information as possible for now.
I can't seem to enable my own RPT files for some reason even though I do not have -nologs enabled. I'll work on it and get my RPT uploaded.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:15 PM, magnetar said:

You can find all releases in: https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/releases

However, if you do not post RPT we won't be able to help nor identify a possible problem.

So I've found out that the issue is not actually mod but in our mission framework (initialization scripts and mission settings), I've updated my post with the thought process, however I'm not sure how to proceed with the framework, could you please take a look and see what is in there that could be causing the issue with ACRE 2. Our framework is pretty concise

The mission where ACRE worked fine we had all the modules still present, the problem is clearly coming from our scripting.

https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/issues/741

SO maybe it's just me and my guys being stupid or that the CBA settings are a bit fucked after the update. But while testing the new features we had some strange issues.
1. We did not notice any effect of the ground spike antenna with our without mast.
2. The SEM70 seem to have some problems in both HW and AKW where even on Ranges less than 50m the audio is completely broken down it sounded a bit like the other person would speek in a different babel mode. Which he did not.

3. The AN/PRC 152 and 117 did cutoff exactly at the at the same range without the signal be degraded before just a crystal clear signal in one moment and then no reception at all distance change of 50m or less.

If you noticed any of those bug would be nice to get confirmation that i am not going crazy. I will try changing the CBA settings sometime this week and report back if it fixed it.

Just started playing with some mods so excuse me for being new. But while trying out some settings in the editor I noticed that entering a helicopter was bringing up a UI box that I didn't recognize. Eventually I figured out it was related to the vehicle intercom, and can access it through the ACE interaction menu. Does anybody know if there is a way to disable this box or at least move it? It can't be moved by editing the layout. And strangely it is the only UI element that persists when the game is paused.

6hPkrKI.png

You should be able to move it through the layout editor, pretty sure I did just that recently.

Thanks for the mod, guys. I wanted to ask: is there a [not-so-hard] way to check if two units could have a radio contact, using ACRE API?

I always dreamed about the function which limits the AI commanding range without radios. I've done something similar by the simple script for Overthrow fork

, but it would be great if we can use the ACRE functions for it.

Can som body tell my why i get this?

ACRE.jpg

I looke troug the RPT file and found this as well...

I sont understand them so plz help me 😄

Wrong location draw style - "ACRE_RequiredDrawStyle"

Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ACRE_sys_io_acreNotConnected"><Spanish>

Warning: 6325 ms spent in callExtension calling name: "acre", function: "init:"

ACRE] (sys_data) WARNING: System event handler function detachComponent is not defined! idi\acre\addons\sys_data\fnc_noApiSystemFunction.sqf:21
[ACRE] (sys_server) WARNING: Desync - Garbage collection prevented for radio 'acre_prc343_id_3' from player 'CSgt D.Schmidt' as it still exists for them locally! idi\acre\addons\sys_server\fnc_stopRadioGarbageCollect.sqf:27
[ACRE] (sys_server) WARNING: Desync - Garbage collection prevented for radio 'acre_prc152_id_3' from player 'Sgt Sabre' as it still exists for them locally! idi\acre\addons\sys_server\fnc_stopRadioGarbageCollect.sqf:27

Hi ACRE 2.

Thanks for a really good mod.

Does using the new Mast give noticeable TX/RX Signal improvement from the gain in height and can it be used with radios mounted in vehicle racks.

also do you have rebroadcast stations on the development roadmap please?

On 8/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, loopdk said:

Can som body tell my why i get this?

Fixed for next version - both script error and stringtable issue.

On 8/11/2019 at 2:49 AM, sabre_3para_gu said:

Does using the new Mast give noticeable TX/RX Signal improvement from the gain in height and can it be used with radios mounted in vehicle racks.

Yes it improves the TX/RX - height improves both, and radios also get boosted to 20W power, increasing range drastically for all current radios except AN/PRC-117F.

No it can't be used with racks, those already have their own vehicle antennas that also boost power - even more than a GSA if you take a look at the documentation https://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/user/vehicle-racks.

ACRE2 Release 2.7.1

This release marks a large push for numerous improvements, quality of life enhancements, fixes, customization options and compatibility with Contact (Enoch) DLC (1.94).

Community contributions include rewritten and redesigned Volume Control by mharis001, featuring a slicker user interface and cleaner code, and TMZulu' various settings for customizing Transmit Notification colors. Last but not least, Brett implemented proper tags system in TeamSpeak metadata, solving crash issues when multiple radio mods (such as ACRE and TFAR) were loaded at the same time.

l7zQF3o.png

Vehicle Info UI showing Intercom and Rack status has been fixed and is now compatible with latest Arma 3 update (1.94). Other fixes include several issues with radios, such as not receiving transmissions or having too long range), racks and intercoms. Together with Brett, many Zeus bugs have also been squashed and Zeus' push-to-talk for Speak from Camera now automatically activates voice in TeamSpeak.

Terrain Loss coefficient default has been set back to 1.0 after recent improvements in radio and signal handling. There are now also more signal models to choose from should you wish an easier or different signal calculation. Finally, Livonia (Enoch) compatibility has been moved to main mod folder so users no longer need to load a separate mod for full experience on the new map.

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

As a clarificstion: GSA can be used with externary rack radios. Not internal ones.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Out of interest would it be relatively easy to upscale the GSA mast to simulate a PU12 (12m mast) that could connect to, and give vehicle racks even greater range - or would this require complete remodelling?

On 8/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, sabre_3para_gu said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Out of interest would it be relatively easy to upscale the GSA mast to simulate a PU12 (12m mast) that could connect to, and give vehicle racks even greater range - or would this require complete remodelling?

We need a model and some antenna data. If those are provided we can easily integrate it in acre2

Geat mod love ACRE2 however on Altis the radios are way too overpowered. PRC-148s and PRC-152s can broadcast across the entire map. The PRC-343s did this aswell until I switched the signal propagation model to Longley-Rice ITM. However, 152s and 148s are still too powerful rendering the PRC-117F obsolete. Is there a way to reduce the transmission powers of 152s/148s from mission start, init.sqf or some other configurable function? I have no idea where to start when it comes to implementing APIs but I know there must be somewhere where certain classes of radios can be set to transmit at certain powers. 

Thanks for your help and thanks again for the great mod.

• Like 1

Is there any mod that converts ACRE2 for WW2 missions?

e.g. models WW2 radio equipment in terms of performance, interface, etc.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, domokun said:

Is there any mod that converts ACRE2 for WW2 missions?

e.g. models WW2 radio equipment in terms of performance, interface, etc.

I know myself and quite a few others would love to see this feature but I know it's not okay to request it on the BI forums. We do fairly regular PvPs within the WW2 Community of British, American and German units so indeed it would be interesting as the only radio close to having the power level of those older radios is the Vietnam Era PRC-77.

On 9/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, Nemoman said:

Geat mod love ACRE2 however on Altis the radios are way too overpowered. PRC-148s and PRC-152s can broadcast across the entire map. The PRC-343s did this aswell until I switched the signal propagation model to Longley-Rice ITM. However, 152s and 148s are still too powerful rendering the PRC-117F obsolete. Is there a way to reduce the transmission powers of 152s/148s from mission start, init.sqf or some other configurable function? I have no idea where to start when it comes to implementing APIs but I know there must be somewhere where certain classes of radios can be set to transmit at certain powers. 

Thanks for your help and thanks again for the great mod. 

Can you show us all your acre settings?

Hello ACRE Team and ACRE users,

I'm the (new) developer of the ILBE Assault Pack - Rewrite mod which currently is for TFAR only. However I'm working on full ACRE2 integration to ensure that also ACRE players can make use of this mod.
At the moment I have a WIP version available where the ACRE antenna is changed by script (to modify its behavior) and the SATCOM antenna works exactly the same as the Spike Mast (through GSA scripts).

Unfortunately the documentation for creating custom antenna's is rather limited and for 4NEC2 too technical (for a non-radio freak). But I'm aware that it's a work in progress and more information will be published soon™.

I know that a lot of users already requested a working ACRE version of these backpacks, so let me ask back a question:
If someone has the knowledge, time and will to help me out with this, I'll be forever grateful 😄

• Like 3

On 10/14/2019 at 11:56 PM, Grezvany13 said:

Hello ACRE Team and ACRE users,

I'm the (new) developer of the ILBE Assault Pack - Rewrite mod which currently is for TFAR only. However I'm working on full ACRE2 integration to ensure that also ACRE players can make use of this mod.
At the moment I have a WIP version available where the ACRE antenna is changed by script (to modify its behavior) and the SATCOM antenna works exactly the same as the Spike Mast (through GSA scripts).

Unfortunately the documentation for creating custom antenna's is rather limited and for 4NEC2 too technical (for a non-radio freak). But I'm aware that it's a work in progress and more information will be published soon™.

I know that a lot of users already requested a working ACRE version of these backpacks, so let me ask back a question:
If someone has the knowledge, time and will to help me out with this, I'll be forever grateful 😄

Join our slack and we may be able to help you further. http://slackin.idi-systems.com/

🙂

Hi there, I am having a problem with ACRE2, causing ArmA to stall/crash into a black screen, whilst loading from the ArmA launcher.

TS3  v3.3.2

ACRE2 v2.7.1

CBA_A3 v3.12.2

Both TS3 and ArmA loading in Administrator Mode, with the only mods running - CBA_A3, Acre2.

ArmA3 running 64 bit.

When Acre is not loaded, ArmA launches absolutely fine.

Here is where the RPT writes to, when the black screen occurs. It's the black screen you get when ArmA launches, it seems to get stuck with at the below line:

21:20:02 CallExtension loaded: acre (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@ACRE2\acre_x64.dll) [2.7.1.1016]

To try to resolve the issue, I have

-removed all traces of Acre, from all steam caches and local files.

-re installed Acre via steam - still not working.

-removed all files again

-manually installed Acre from another members instance of Acre - still not launching.

-removed all files again, reinstalled via Steam as well as re-installing TS3 plugin - still not working

-removed all configs and arma profiles - still not working.

Have not tried to reinstall ArmA yet, was wondering if there may have been anyone else with this issue, and a fix for this without reinstalling ArmA.

Please can you very kindly, assist me with finding a solution to get ArmA to launch with Acre2

thank you.