ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

48 minutes ago, hg2012trigger said:

Is the newest ACRE² Version compatible with the newest TS³- Version?

There is nothing in the Changelog about it

It seems to work perfectly fine with 3.2.3

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hg2012trigger said:

Is the newest ACRE² Version compatible with the newest TS³- Version?

There is nothing in the Changelog about it

I'm curious about this as well, most of the people I play with have rolled back versions of TS because there was a lot of crashing issues with the newer versions.

Just a suggestion. was there ever a mention of you guys implementing a relay station so this radio system can be used over longer ranges or in mountainous areas like clafghan for an example. if so would you be also implementing a satcom wich would be a portable system used by signallers that could do the same thing. there is a model currently in-game that maybe of use or to use as an idea. picture = yek5OJT.jpg 

Anybody else having issues with vehicle racks? Often they disappear after first use, happening on all vehicles it seems, not sure if its a known issue or something happening on our end.

On 23.10.2018 at 10:45 PM, rekkless said:

It seems to work perfectly fine with 3.2.3

Would be nice to get an official word from the devs about this actually...

8 hours ago, k-hunter said:

Well if you go on Teamspeak and use ACRE and it works there is your answer. 

Weird nut sometimes i do not hear sound od radio when broadcasting

Can anyone tell me if the PRC-117F has a SPEAKERS function like the 152? It really makes it communication more enjoyable for other members of the unit if they can hear what is going on in the command side of thing.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:40 AM, golas said:

Weird nut sometimes i do not hear sound od radio when broadcasting

You need to check your server settings for ACRE 2.

If you do not have full duplex radios ticked  if two people talk on the radio at once only the person closest to you will be audible.

If you do have full duplex radio ticked and you also have model interference ticked if two people talk at once neither player will be audible they will be all static and messed up.

On 10/07/2018 at 12:26 AM, MK84 said:

Another test session done. This time at the start of the game only a few players couldn't hear each other (myself included) but about 2 hours into the session the radios stopped working completely.
I've uploaded the client and server RPT here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqUMiHfLAgXYpohNOR44t2k6N080Mw

also: @magnetar

I wonder if this issue was  resolved. We have in nopryl.no been struggling with a similar experience.  Before I register a GitHub entry, I wonder if there is some easy self-evident fix. 

The problem has been difficult to pin down. Generally our sessions run between 25-35 players. Our server is quite good with a decent connection (hosted and built privately). Every time we think we found it, ACRE functions flawlessly.  Generally breakdown of communications occurs at around the 30-40 minute mark of the mission, though hardly consistently. We have long suspected it is somehow related to respawning, but even that fails to consistently cause issues. It affects all classes of radios. Though helicopters are sometimes suggested as a common denominator (then again helis are in Arma rather prone to crashing).

To give a brief description: The problem appears as one unit suddenly fails to hear radio signals from others. Frequently, that units transmissions are heard by others.   This sometimes causes as a ring-around-the-roasies   hilarity where X can speak to Y but only listen to Z, who in turn can listen  to Y-- but not hear from  X.  In any case. We kinda lucked out last Tuesday and got the event on Twitch and got server logs and I am also  in the process of collecting RPTs from players.  Like I said: before I went through he effort of  a GitHub entry-- I wanted to ask here first. 

-k 

So far I have not experienced this anymore except wheno quickly teleporting. Feel free to join our slack and share those RPTs

15 hours ago, nkenny said:

also: @magnetar

I wonder if this issue was  resolved. We have in nopryl.no been struggling with a similar experience.  Before I register a GitHub entry, I wonder if there is some easy self-evident fix. 

The problem has been difficult to pin down. Generally our sessions run between 25-35 players. Our server is quite good with a decent connection (hosted and built privately). Every time we think we found it, ACRE functions flawlessly.  Generally breakdown of communications occurs at around the 30-40 minute mark of the mission, though hardly consistently. We have long suspected it is somehow related to respawning, but even that fails to consistently cause issues. It affects all classes of radios. Though helicopters are sometimes suggested as a common denominator (then again helis are in Arma rather prone to crashing).

To give a brief description: The problem appears as one unit suddenly fails to hear radio signals from others. Frequently, that units transmissions are heard by others.   This sometimes causes as a ring-around-the-roasies   hilarity where X can speak to Y but only listen to Z, who in turn can listen  to Y-- but not hear from  X.  In any case. We kinda lucked out last Tuesday and got the event on Twitch and got server logs and I am also  in the process of collecting RPTs from players.  Like I said: before I went through he effort of  a GitHub entry-- I wanted to ask here first. 

-k 

I can confirm this too. Since the Warlords update we have had radios breaking left, right and center. We run with Full Duplex Radios on, Model Interference off, ignore antenna direction on and terrain coefficient to 50%. The 343s in particular seem to be very unreliable.

A crude work around is we load our vehicles up with extra 343s and when the radios start to break down we just dump it and grab a new one which seem to fix the problem.

There is no difference between a 343 and a 152 code wise aside from its power output (significantly lower than any other radio). Calculations are the same.

On 11/24/2018 at 12:12 PM, rekkless said:

Can anyone tell me if the PRC-117F has a SPEAKERS function like the 152? It really makes it communication more enjoyable for other members of the unit if they can hear what is going on in the command side of thing.

I'd like to know this too

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:13 AM, magnetar said:

AN/PRC-117F does not support speakers at the moment. However this is planned as part of  vehicular adapters/intercom.

https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/pull/481

Don't know if the F/G has speaker support but I know the C model did/does have speaker support; however the speaker is powered by an additional 26VDC power supply. There is another speaker that uses the battery pack for the radio itself as well. https://www.armyproperty.com/Resources/Catalogs/Harris-AN-PRC-117F(C).pdf

On 11.11.2018 at 5:29 PM, k-hunter said:

Im not a dev but I can tell you that ACRE2 should work on TS3 v3.2.3.
Tested on JointOp event with 50 players without any problems with ACRE.
(Modline: CUP Terrains Complete, RHS, ACE3, ASR_AI, CBA_A3) 

• Thanks 1

Yes, latest TS3 Client and TS3 Server should work without issues.

• Thanks 1

Player character mouth is moving so partially it seems that our setup of ACRE2 is working. The problem is that even with all the mouth-moving there's no sound coming from anywhere. What gives?
Our TS3 server is version 3.3.0 (running on ArchLinux)

Does dedicated server have to include ACRE2 as a mod? Are there some other stuff that need to be done server-side? Does TeamSpeak 3 server have to have channel with specific name for ACRE2 to work?

On 12/14/2018 at 8:53 PM, Asmodeuz said:

Does dedicated server have to include ACRE2 as a mod? Are there some other stuff that need to be done server-side? Does TeamSpeak 3 server have to have channel with specific name for ACRE2 to work?

Yes. Possibly (look here). No (any channel works, auto-move will move you to anything named "ACRE" that fits, otherwise it simply won't).

Hey.

So in my unit we use RHS USAF and I've noticed that some helicopters does not have a the intercom system.

Such as:

• CH-53E "Super Stallion"
  • AH-1Z "Cobra"

Now I did read about the framework system for it but I don't understand fully how to implement it.

Link: http://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/frameworks/vehicle-intercom

Do I put it in a init.sqf? Do I need to alter acre2 itself. (Would be a tad odd) Or do call it somewhere else?

I highly apprecaite any assistance with this.

I'd also be interested in how to do it with Vehicle Racks as well.

Thx

On 12/23/2018 at 4:21 PM, Ellman said:

Hey.

So in my unit we use RHS USAF and I've noticed that some helicopters does not have a the intercom system.

Such as:

• CH-53E "Super Stallion"
  • AH-1Z "Cobra"

Now I did read about the framework system for it but I don't understand fully how to implement it.

Link: http://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/frameworks/vehicle-intercom

Do I put it in a init.sqf? Do I need to alter acre2 itself. (Would be a tad odd) Or do call it somewhere else?

I highly apprecaite any assistance with this.

I'd also be interested in how to do it with Vehicle Racks as well.

Thx

You would need to add a compatibility patch (an additional PBO file) using as an example the ones in

The compatibility patches can be similar to the ones in https://github.com/Drofseh/IFA3_ACRE2_COMPAT

• Like 1

Hey guys,  My Group has been using Acre2 for about 8 months now and it worked flawlessly until just a month ago we started having some weird bugs pop up with it. 
#1: Player dies and gets put into Ace Spectator and waits for the 5min timer before respawning, about halfway through the timer acre freaks out and he cant hear any sound. He then has to re-load acre or do a full restart of Arma & TS.
#2: Player can hear other people talking on radio but he can't be heard on the radio, local voip works fine and you can hear the person queue up on the radio but nothing is heard from him, we thought it may be his push to talk or key bind but we changed both and nothing seemed to work
i saw that rekkless had a similar issue and didn't know if you guys ever found a fix?