ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

My unit and I are loving ACRE2! We switched back to TFAR for a brief while, and the difference in audio quality was unreal. Not to mention the radio simulation. Next level stuff!
Excited to hear vehicle racks are on the way. Will they work in the sense of a check box in the editor, or a module you sync to the vehicle?
Hope backpack radios follow suit soon!

4 hours ago, Kniazzy said:

There's already backpack radios in ACRE2. Put the PRC-117F or PRC-77 in any backpack and bingo.

7 hours ago, Kniazzy said:

My unit and I are loving ACRE2! We switched back to TFAR for a brief while, and the difference in audio quality was unreal. Not to mention the radio simulation. Next level stuff!
Excited to hear vehicle racks are on the way. Will they work in the sense of a check box in the editor, or a module you sync to the vehicle?

No, racks and intercom will be for the moment config  based (http://acre2.idi-systems.com/). However, you can add/remove racks from a vehicle using the new API functions.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:42 PM, churrofighter said:

The thing is ace disables direct speech, but it doesn't disable radio listening, so you can't hear the medic next to you, but can hear the squad leader hundreds of meters away :sad:

That's not true, it disables all outgoing communications (direct or radio), but nothing incoming, you should still be able to hear voices around you if I remember correctly. Either way, if you believe it's an issue, head over to the ACE3 issue tracker.

Is there a way to add a line of code in the mission somewhere to cap player volume level? To prevent players from turning their talking volume past a defined level. Thanks.

13 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

Is there a way to add a line of code in the mission somewhere to cap player volume level? To prevent players from turning their talking volume past a defined level. Thanks.

Not directly. However there is the acre_api_fnc_setGlobalVolume https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/blob/master/addons/api/fnc_setGlobalVolume.sqf.

You could use it to reset the player volume to your limit

ACRE2 Release 2.6.0

This update brings the following features to ACRE2, with a strong focus on vehicle gameplay that includes vehicle racks and an overhauled intercom system emulating VIC-3 functionality.

Vehicle Racks (requires ACE3 Interaction Menu)

Vehicle racks are back to ACRE2. The use of racked radios translates into longer transmission ranges due to their increase in power and the use of larger antennas. The current system supports the following racks:

• AN/VRC-103 for the AN/PRC-117F
  • AN/VRC-110 for the AN/PRC-152
  • AN/VRC-111 for the AN/PRC-148
  • AN/VRC-64 for the AN/PRC-77
  • SEM90 for the SEM70 (with GUI interface)

TFMIFV9.png

Overhauled Vehicle Intercom (requires ACE3 Interaction Menu)

The new intercom system integrates with the vehicular radios, allowing transmit and receive functionality to seats without physical access to the racks. In addition, it brings support for multiple intercom networks and the ability to tweak intercom volume among other features.

Together with intercom, comes the infantry phone feature, which allows members of mechanized infantry to communicate through the intercom system with the crew inside an armored vehicle. 

External/Shared Radios (requires ACE3 Interaction Menu)

It is now possible to share radios with other comrades without the need of giving them. This works for personal, backpack radios and vehicular radios.

API

API functions that deal with vehicular radios have been added for mission makers. Namely:

• acre_api_fnc_addRackToVehicle
  • acre_api_fnc_areVehicleRacksInitialized
  • acre_api_fnc_getMountedRackRadio
  • acre_api_fnc_getVehicleRacks
  • acre_api_fnc_getVehicleRacksPreset
  • acre_api_fnc_initVehicleRacks
  • acre_api_fnc_isRackRadioRemovable
  • acre_api_fnc_mountRackRadio
  • acre_api_fnc_removeRackFromVehicle
  • acre_api_fnc_setVehicleRacksPreset
  • acre_api_fnc_unmountRackRadio

Improvements

A new version is not exempt of optimizations, improvements and fixes, like the signal calculation fix after the 1.82 update. Translations have also received some attention although 100% localization is not yet accomplished.

Documentation

A more in depth documentation and description of the new features, both for users and mod makers, can be found on our wiki:
http://acre2.idi-systems.com/

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Just did some testing and I am curious as to why none of the trucks (Tempest, HEMMT, Etc.) have radio rack capability?

Also, what is the difference between PAX and Crew for the infantry telephone. I know Crew is to talk to the crew but what is PAX for?

43 minutes ago, mannulus said:

Just did some testing and I am curious as to why none of the trucks (Tempest, HEMMT, Etc.) have radio rack capability?

Also, what is the difference between PAX and Crew for the infantry telephone. I know Crew is to talk to the crew but what is PAX for?

PAX is the passenger intercom. 

We had to accept the EULA after the update, which is an automatic process for us. It is fixed now.Got it!

Nice update man !! How do you add radio rack to other vehicle? Try to use acre_api_fnc_addRackToVehicle on RHS humvee without any result.

16 hours ago, G. Miller said:

Check this link; http://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/frameworks/vehicle-racks

You can see how the config is built up.

Thanks for the reply :). I have no idea where and how to use the config in the mission. Sorry, very new to the config stuffs

Also anyone know how to edit the radio rack? Try to made the MRAP radio rack available to access from outside the vehicle.

Edited by dauhaanh

Quick question, does the radio still cut out when holding down left ALT?

I remember that happening allot before and that's the only reason I often use TFAR.

No, radios do nothing by themselves with left-alt unless you changed the default key-bind. But all I can suggest is that you give it a try.

ACRE2 Release 2.6.1

This update fixes some bugs found in the 2.6.0 stable release and improves on usability of Vehicle Racks.

- Radios can now be removed from vehicle racks.
- Fixed API function acre_api_fnc_addRackToVehicle now works as expected.
- Enabled switching radio channel on rack radios using key shortcut. Note that radios accessible only through intercom do not have this functionality. The player must be able to open the racked radio UI in order to do this.
- Added an option to start/stop using all available rack radios in a vehicle.

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

acre_api_fnc_removeRackFromVehicle allows removing a rack with a unique ID from a vehicle.

Anyone know how to get the rack ID from the vehicle?

My group is currently testing ACRE and we have this issue where all the radios would suddenly stop working once we leave the base. Proximity chat still works. This is on a dedicated server running Linux with around 20+ players. The problem seems to be intermittent as sometimes it would only affect certain players and the radios would suddenly come back to life after some time.

The missions where this happened have quite a number of vehicles involved.

This is independant of the number of vehicles. Racks are only  initialised once the player enters it. Nevertheless, could you post the Client and Server RPT?

Unfortunately I don't have  the RPT for that session (it was disabled on my client side, and I didn't set it up on the server side).  I've scheduled more test sessions with RPT enabled. Will update if the bug occurs again.

6 hours ago, MK84 said:

Unfortunately I don't have  the RPT for that session (it was disabled on my client side, and I didn't set it up on the server side).  I've scheduled more test sessions with RPT enabled. Will update if the bug occurs again.

Appreicated!