ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Excuse me if this has been touched upon before but does anyone know how to replace ACRE2 radio que up sounds with different sounds? 

Ive already tried replacing "mic_click_on / off" sound files with my own. Also is altering this mod without distribution allowed? any info would be helpful! 

11 hours ago, Cheph said:

Excuse me if this has been touched upon before but does anyone know how to replace ACRE2 radio que up sounds with different sounds? 

Ive already tried replacing "mic_click_on / off" sound files with my own. Also is altering this mod without distribution allowed? any info would be helpful! 

I believe ACRE is now open source so yeah you can edit the files. I tried making new Radio Mic open/close sounds a few months back. It all went over my head.

3 things I wish the most for ACRE 2:

1. New radio open/close mic sounds. (IMO even ACRE1 sounded better than ACRE2)

2. Radio back packs. they dont have to be anything fancy, just something visual to put them in something similar to ILBE but with more variety would be awesome http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30863

3. Full Zeus compatibility. Which I believe is actually being worked on.

I was wondering how can you toggle squelch on the PRC-152? I found an-prc-152_interface.png 
but when I click the squelch toggle nothing happens?

Thanks!

I also added

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi","b64"}; 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi","b64"}; 

to the server.cfg but no one gets the incoming squelch still with the 152s?

Hey everyone,

My group recently switched to ACRE from TFAR, and I've got a nasty little error. It works and connects fine, but my TS starts spamming: 

<16:16:28> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.

Hundreds and hundreds of times. It means I can't switch channel, talk on TFAR, or literally do anything. Both my ARMA and TS3 are 64 bit and run as admin. Most other members of my group do not have this issue.

Specs: i7 4790k, 12GB DDR4, WIN 10 Anniversary / Fully Updated, GTX 970.

Any help is appreciated!

Edit.. it doesn't seem to happen always, this is really weird. 

On 2/1/2018 at 5:15 AM, rekkless said:

I believe ACRE is now open source so yeah you can edit the files. I tried making new Radio Mic open/close sounds a few months back. It all went over my head.

3 things I wish the most for ACRE 2:

1. New radio open/close mic sounds. (IMO even ACRE1 sounded better than ACRE2)

2. Radio back packs. they dont have to be anything fancy, just something visual to put them in something similar to ILBE but with more variety would be awesome http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30863

3. Full Zeus compatibility. Which I believe is actually being worked on.

2.- Radio backpacks do not work nicely with ACRE since the backpack is not a radio in itself as opposed to TFAR: it is just an item you can put anywhere else. We have explored solutions with attachTo in the past but the results were not satisfactory.

3.- Full Zeus compatibility is at the moment on hold. Focus is on overhauling the intercom system and integrating it with vehicle racks.

Nevertheless of our plans, contributions are always welcome :)

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 5:52 AM, FoxhoundBC said:

I also added

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi","b64"}; 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi","b64"}; 

to the server.cfg but no one gets the incoming squelch still with the 152s?

Only with 152s? I assume this is you: https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/issues/486

17 hours ago, Richards.D said:

Hey everyone,

My group recently switched to ACRE from TFAR, and I've got a nasty little error. It works and connects fine, but my TS starts spamming: 

Hundreds and hundreds of times. It means I can't switch channel, talk on TFAR, or literally do anything. Both my ARMA and TS3 are 64 bit and run as admin. Most other members of my group do not have this issue.

Specs: i7 4790k, 12GB DDR4, WIN 10 Anniversary / Fully Updated, GTX 970.

Any help is appreciated!

Edit.. it doesn't seem to happen always, this is really weird. 

Increase Anti-Flood settings on your TS3 server.

• Like 1

Hello again,

We have updated that, all good on the flood problem.

My current issue is that I can't seem to Transmit or receive, but have no pipe or obvious errors. TS3 is in admin, and so is Arma. The message shows in the bottom corner that I am transmitting, but everyone else can only hear my "que up" sound, and can't actually hear my transmission at all.

It also seems really random, as sometimes it will work for a few minutes at the beginning of the game, but then never again, but I can't tell for sure. 

Also.. it seems I or only a few others have this error. 

Plugin vers. 2.5.1.980 

TS Vers. 3.1.8

16 hours ago, Richards.D said:

Hello again,

My current issue is that I can't seem to Transmit or receive, but have no pipe or obvious errors. TS3 is in admin, and so is Arma. The message shows in the bottom corner that I am transmitting, but everyone else can only hear my "que up" sound, and can't actually hear my transmission at all.

It also seems really random, as sometimes it will work for a few minutes at the beginning of the game, but then never again, but I can't tell for sure. 

Plugin vers. 2.5.1.980 

TS Vers. 3.1.8

Do you use push-to-talk or voice activation? Try disabling voice activation, this is often the case of TS not picking it up correctly.

16 hours ago, roxsore-milsim said:

Hello, does a radio relay system exist on ACRE2?

If not the OE 303 antenna and functional radio?

Thank

Not at the moment, it is a planned feature. OE-303 is currently just a model, no functionality yet.

Spoiler

Unfortunately I only use PTT. One thing is I use a mouse button, instead of a keyboard key, (a side button), would that cause it? All 3 of my keys for ACRE are on my keyboard. 

TbI1Wv5.jpg

On 31/01/2018 at 5:28 PM, Cheph said:

You have to replace the TS b64 files in he mod and repack it yourself. You can modify the content but if you think that the modifications bring an overall improvement for the community, consider please to contribute to the upstream code in our repository.

Make also sure that the file format is correct.

On 18/02/2018 at 10:29 PM, Richards.D said:

Hello again,

Plugin vers. 2.5.1.980 

TS Vers. 3.1.8

Can you post the server and client rpt?

On 2/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, magnetar said:

You have to replace the TS b64 files in he mod and repack it yourself. You can modify the content but if you think that the modifications bring an overall improvement for the community, consider please to contribute to the upstream code in our repository.

Make also sure that the file format is correct.

Can you post the server and client rpt?

Here ya go:

https://pastebin.com/GdDTnv6V

Also, for some reason on voice activation, it works fine. But on PTT people can only hear me mic up.

1 hour ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@Richards.D Please use pastebin or similar for such long posts. Code tags are intended for snippets of code. 

Thank You. 

Sorry fixed.

14 hours ago, Richards.D said:

Also, for some reason on voice activation, it works fine. But on PTT people can only hear me mic up.

That is weird... Is there any conflict in assigning PTT Keys?

9 hours ago, magnetar said:

That is weird... Is there any conflict in assigning PTT Keys?

I am not sure how you mean. My key #1 is CAPS LOCK, my key #2 is CTRL + CAPS, and my key #3 is ALT CAPS. I didn't see where those were also used

On 2/18/2018 at 5:42 AM, magnetar said:

2.- Radio backpacks do not work nicely with ACRE since the backpack is not a radio in itself as opposed to TFAR: it is just an item you can put anywhere else. We have explored solutions with attachTo in the past but the results were not satisfactory.

3.- Full Zeus compatibility is at the moment on hold. Focus is on overhauling the intercom system and integrating it with vehicle racks.

Nevertheless of our plans, contributions are always welcome :)

Like I said, they don't have to be fancy. Just empty backpacks that mission makers can put a 117 or other long range radio in would be nice. Just for immersion. Like you said they wouldn't need to have any actual functionality like TFAR but just a mere cosmetic feature to easily identify whoever is carrying a LRR.

I'm said to hear Zeus is not really being worked on. While my scripting and coding ability is almost non existent your 

[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

works fine if executed via the debug console in zeus locally. In other words Zeus will be able to hear players flying around in Zeus. All you really need to do is make a modified version of the function that enables the microphone so you can talk to players and an ability to open, change and use radios whilst in Zeus to communicate with players as "Command"

I'm sure that isn't a quick and easy thing to do. But on the surface it appears you guys have 80% of the work already completed and working.

Is there a way to keep the teamspeak notifications enabled while in game?

On 2/26/2018 at 4:49 PM, rekkless said:

I'm said to hear Zeus is not really being worked on. While my scripting and coding ability is almost non existent your 

[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

works fine if executed via the debug console in zeus locally. In other words Zeus will be able to hear players flying around in Zeus. All you really need to do is make a modified version of the function that enables the microphone so you can talk to players and an ability to open, change and use radios whilst in Zeus to communicate with players as "Command"

I'm sure that isn't a quick and easy thing to do. But on the surface it appears you guys have 80% of the work already completed and working.

I pasted some links above, just going in there and changing how it works is not the solution and we would not be happy with it. It must support different uses, including how it currently works.

Hi guys,

I tried to search this on the topic but unable to find anything, so pardon me if so.

Is there anyway to change 152 radio channel frequency using the keybinds configured on the keyboard controls besides opening the radio and click the PRE + or - until desired channel is reached? offhand i forgot whats it called ingame but its similar to "channel up" or channel down something.

Currently the ingame keybinding for increase decrease channel only works from channel 1-5, would it be possible to let it run the entire channel 1-99 space?

Its quite tiring to keep hitting the mouse button so many times, much easier to use the keyboard i feel. thanks!!

2 hours ago, dukenukem. said:

Hi guys,

I tried to search this on the topic but unable to find anything, so pardon me if so.

Is there anyway to change 152 radio channel frequency using the keybinds configured on the keyboard controls besides opening the radio and click the PRE + or - until desired channel is reached? offhand i forgot whats it called ingame but its similar to "channel up" or channel down something.

Currently the ingame keybinding for increase decrease channel only works from channel 1-5, would it be possible to let it run the entire channel 1-99 space?

Its quite tiring to keep hitting the mouse button so many times, much easier to use the keyboard i feel. thanks!!

Make an issue on GitHub, should be possible to switch between all I think.

• Thanks 1

Hi, is there a way to make object or radio play specific frequency from mission start with loudspeaker on - used as radio station for command post only for cosmetics, for example few communications officers could listen to few radios and give orders to specific groups/radio channelsa only without having multiple radios instead

Anyone know where you can get the dev build with the vehicle racks?