ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Also since I can not use the ACRE modules with this technique

how do I disable Frequencies per side?? Obviously because the spy on each team will have a PRC152 to communicate with the opposing side I will need to be able to disable the frequencies unique to each side.

and one last request, is there a way to Automatically set Blocks. Ideally I'd like players to log into the mission BLUEfor automatically be on BLOCK 1 Channel 1, OPFOR be on BLOCK 2 Channel 2 and INDI be on BLOCK 3 Channel 1 for the 343.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:20 PM, rekkless said:

Also since I can not use the ACRE modules with this technique

how do I disable Frequencies per side?? Obviously because the spy on each team will have a PRC152 to communicate with the opposing side I will need to be able to disable the frequencies unique to each side.

and one last request, is there a way to Automatically set Blocks. Ideally I'd like players to log into the mission BLUEfor automatically be on BLOCK 1 Channel 1, OPFOR be on BLOCK 2 Channel 2 and INDI be on BLOCK 3 Channel 1 for the 343.

Use babel in order to avoid "spying" in the rare event that you get into the same frequency given the range of frequencies supported by the 152 and it's channel spacing.

Blocks can also be assigned, second block starts at channel 17 (1-based index) or 16 (0-basesd index)

On 12/9/2017 at 9:23 AM, magnetar said:

Use babel in order to avoid "spying" in the rare event that you get into the same frequency given the range of frequencies supported by the 152 and it's channel spacing.

Blocks can also be assigned, second block starts at channel 17 (1-based index) or 16 (0-basesd index)

Thanks, but what I'm asking is there a way to script it in the editor. So Blufor on missions start are on block 1 channel 1, Opfor and on Block 2 Channel 1 and on mission start indi are on block 3 channel 1 on the 343.

I would like to make it all taken care of on mission start to save time.

My community is having a small issue with ACRE2. I've been a user of ACRE since early Arma 2, and I love the mod and prefer it over all other radio mods, and would like to have it as a dependency on my scripted game-mode which I will soon be releasing to the public.

There is one specific player that is a part of our playgroup who cannot join any server while running ACRE2. He gets stuck in the loading screen on joining a server, and if he leaves it long enough, he gets a DXGI error. This occurs on both local host and dedicated. He reinstalled all of his mods, his game, verified integrity of game cache, updated all of his graphics drivers, and reinstalled DirectX. We are certain that this problem is strictly caused by ACRE2 because he can join servers without issue while running other mods, while if he is running only ACRE2, he cannot join.

If there is any known fix or any help you can provide to us, that would be fantastic. Otherwise I'm afraid we will have to make a switch to TFAR (which I REALLY, REALLY, do not want to do).

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Haymaker said:

My community is having a small issue with ACRE2. I've been a user of ACRE since early Arma 2, and I love the mod and prefer it over all other radio mods, and would like to have it as a dependency on my scripted game-mode which I will soon be releasing to the public.

There is one specific player that is a part of our playgroup who cannot join any server while running ACRE2. He gets stuck in the loading screen on joining a server, and if he leaves it long enough, he gets a DXGI error. This occurs on both local host and dedicated. He reinstalled all of his mods, his game, verified integrity of game cache, updated all of his graphics drivers, and reinstalled DirectX. We are certain that this problem is strictly caused by ACRE2 because he can join servers without issue while running other mods, while if he is running only ACRE2, he cannot join.

If there is any known fix or any help you can provide to us, that would be fantastic. Otherwise I'm afraid we will have to make a switch to TFAR (which I REALLY, REALLY, do not want to do).

Thank you!

Sounds like something very specific. Any chance he can make an issue on GitHub with as much information as possible (hardware, operating system, other software, crash dump files... etc.)? Crash dump files would go a long way to see where the crash is originating from. Joining our Slack would be even better so we can communicate in a faster manner and maybe get him to test more specifically.

EDIT: Is he by any chance running Tobii EyeX tracker?

2 hours ago, jonpas said:

Sounds like something very specific. Any chance he can make an issue on GitHub with as much information as possible (hardware, operating system, other software, crash dump files... etc.)? Crash dump files would go a long way to see where the crash is originating from. Joining our Slack would be even better so we can communicate in a faster manner and maybe get him to test more specifically.

EDIT: Is he by any chance running Tobii EyeX tracker?

His laptop is actually running Tobii Eye Tracking, I can have him do that for you, but he's going to disable it, and/or uninstall, and give it a try first to see if that's the problem.

11 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

His laptop is actually running Tobii Eye Tracking, I can have him do that for you, but he's going to disable it, and/or uninstall, and give it a try first to see if that's the problem.

Yeah, try that, we had reports of that before and Arma itself had trouble in the past, but I am unsure if that was resolved. If that fixes it for him, an issue on GitHub would still be nice with a crash dump attached so we can investigate closer.

48 minutes ago, jonpas said:

Yeah, try that, we had reports of that before and Arma itself had trouble in the past, but I am unsure if that was resolved. If that fixes it for him, an issue on GitHub would still be nice with a crash dump attached so we can investigate closer.

Disabling Tobii worked! Thank you so much for your help!

I'll also try to get my friend to recreate the issue and get a crash dump.

• Thanks 1

A friend has had consistent issues with ACRE not connecting to teamspeak, I've scoured the web the past day and night trying to look for solutions and found plenty though none worked. He's a rather tech savvy individual as well, so I can't help but to say that this problem doesn't seem to be based on a bad install or incorrect file permissions. I should also mention that we have played with ACRE plenty of times before including in Arma 2, it just seems to not be working this time through - the last time we played with ACRE and ArmA 3 was in 2016.

Error: WARNING: ACRE IS NOT CONNECTED TO TEAMSPEAK!

How it's currently setup:

Teamspeak is version 3.1.6

Located in C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/

ACRE plugin is version 2.5.1.980

Located in C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/plugins/

Things he's tried:

Making sure the plugin is enabled via Teamspeak Addons

Fresh TS Install, listed version (3.1.6)

Fresh TS Install, latest version (3.1.7) - Me and several others have ACRE working at full on this version

Fresh ACRE Install, latest version

Fresh Arma 3 Install, latest version

Running both or neither as administrator

Deleting and remaking Arma 3 Profile

Putting the plugins in Appdata/Roaming/TeamSpeak/plugins

I understand this is a petty problem that usually is caused by silly mistakes or bad info on the clients part, but with everything he's tried I don't know where else to turn but the devs. Hope someone can help us troubleshoot this anomaly. 

8 hours ago, Percy Thrillington said:

A friend has had consistent issues with ACRE not connecting to teamspeak, I've scoured the web the past day and night trying to look for solutions and found plenty though none worked. He's a rather tech savvy individual as well, so I can't help but to say that this problem doesn't seem to be based on a bad install or incorrect file permissions. I should also mention that we have played with ACRE plenty of times before including in Arma 2, it just seems to not be working this time through - the last time we played with ACRE and ArmA 3 was in 2016.

Did your friend has only the "is not connected to TS" issue and the rest is working normal? like is he able to open up the radios and so on?

Regards

35 minutes ago, eh chaser said:

Did your friend has only the "is not connected to TS" issue and the rest is working normal? like is he able to open up the radios and so on?

Yeah he is the only one out of a group of eight people. All his UI and equipment work, it's the connection between ACRE and Teamspeak that seems to be the problem. Radios open, they function, the settings tab is usable.

Frankly we've had this happen before with other people, common with forgetting the plugin or having the wrong version of the plugin. Though not to the extent he's having it. It's usually fixed with a quick reinstall or double checking, though he's followed the install steps to the T, multiple times. 

4 hours ago, Percy Thrillington said:

Yeah he is the only one out of a group of eight people. All his UI and equipment work, it's the connection between ACRE and Teamspeak that seems to be the problem. Radios open, they function, the settings tab is usable.

Frankly we've had this happen before with other people, common with forgetting the plugin or having the wrong version of the plugin. Though not to the extent he's having it. It's usually fixed with a quick reinstall or double checking, though he's followed the install steps to the T, multiple times. 

did he checked if other communication systems are used at the same time for example TFR?

are the dll´s blocked somehow in windows or firewall?

did he start the game with plugin enabled?

he could try to press "refresh all" in TS plugins window while ingame and connected to the server.

3 hours ago, eh chaser said:

did he checked if other communication systems are used at the same time for example TFR?

We've never used TFR, so assuredly not. Though at this rate, that looks like a good idea.

are the dll´s blocked somehow in windows or firewall?

Firewalls were already off.

did he start the game with plugin enabled?

Yeah, made sure several times and refreshed it a few times before launching.

he could try to press "refresh all" in TS plugins window while ingame and connected to the server.

Just tried it and doesn't seem to do anything. 

1 hour ago, Percy Thrillington said:

We've never used TFR, so assuredly not. Though at this rate, that looks like a good idea.

Firewalls were already off.

Yeah, made sure several times and refreshed it a few times before launching.

Just tried it and doesn't seem to do anything. 

getting out of ideas right now. try to reach over to the acre 2 slack and ask the dev´s there.

Cont. of the above problem

What OS?

Privileges....  Admin...   Steam, Arma, TS, OS.

Router...

AV....

On 1/22/2018 at 9:42 PM, Percy Thrillington said:

Error: WARNING: ACRE IS NOT CONNECTED TO TEAMSPEAK!

How it's currently setup:

Teamspeak is version 3.1.6

Located in C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/

ACRE plugin is version 2.5.1.980

Located in C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/plugins/

Things he's tried:

Making sure the plugin is enabled via Teamspeak Addons

Fresh TS Install, listed version (3.1.6)

Fresh TS Install, latest version (3.1.7) - Me and several others have ACRE working at full on this version

Fresh ACRE Install, latest version

Fresh Arma 3 Install, latest version

Running both or neither as administrator

Deleting and remaking Arma 3 Profile

Putting the plugins in Appdata/Roaming/TeamSpeak/plugins

I understand this is a petty problem that usually is caused by silly mistakes or bad info on the clients part, but with everything he's tried I don't know where else to turn but the devs. Hope someone can help us troubleshoot this anomaly. 

Hey man, a player in our unit had the exact same problem. We did ALL the same stuff as you, installed and reinstalled TS, ACRE, we did it all. The fix we managed to get was to run BOTH TS and ArmA 3 in administrator mode at the same time and we manually transferred the .dll files to his ts plugins account and it worked a charm.

Question regarding keybinds that I couldn't find an answer for either here on or the wiki.

I've configured ACRE to have similar keybinds to TFAR due to the simple fact that it's just easier to remember what's where when I play with different groups where some use TFAR and some ACRE.

So for a simple two-radio setup for ACRE-use (343 for intra-squad comms and 152 for inter-squad coms) I'm using caps-lock for 343 and Ctrl-capslock for 152. This works kinda fine and with kinda I mean that when I press capslock the 343 transmits and when I press Ctrl-caps-lock the 152 transmits.

BUT, and here's my issue; when pressing Ctrl-caps-lock it permanently also switches my active radio so if I press caps-lock without ctrl pressed again my 152 transmits and not the 343. In order to get the 343 back on to capslock only I need to cycle radio back to 343. As a squad lead you transmit over both radios very frequently so it's a bit of a annoyance having to cycle radios every time I've transmitted something over the 152.

I was under the impression that the alt-radio-bindings should just trigger the multi-ptt but not switch the active radio permanently.

I'm very open to the fact that I'm doing something wrong but I could've sworn that it work the way I want it to some time ago :)

Screenshot showing my bindings:

04cGAND.png

1 hour ago, Bamse said:

BUT, and here's my issue; when pressing Ctrl-caps-lock it permanently also switches my active radio so if I press caps-lock without ctrl pressed again my 152 transmits and not the 343. In order to get the 343 back on to capslock only I need to cycle radio back to 343. As a squad lead you transmit over both radios very frequently so it's a bit of a annoyance having to cycle radios every time I've transmitted something over the 152.

I was under the impression that the alt-radio-bindings should just trigger the multi-ptt but not switch the active radio permanently.

Hotkey "Default Radio Key" switches active radio as well, that is by design. If you don't want that, simply don't use that key and only use "Alt Radio Key X" hotkeys, which don't switch the active radio. :)

Alt Radio Key 1 is the radio first put into inventory, 2 second, 3 third, so if you want to reorder them just drop and pick them up for example.

4 hours ago, Bamse said:

Question regarding keybinds that I couldn't find an answer for either here on or the wiki.

I've configured ACRE to have similar keybinds to TFAR due to the simple fact that it's just easier to remember what's where when I play with different groups where some use TFAR and some ACRE.

So for a simple two-radio setup for ACRE-use (343 for intra-squad comms and 152 for inter-squad coms) I'm using caps-lock for 343 and Ctrl-capslock for 152. This works kinda fine and with kinda I mean that when I press capslock the 343 transmits and when I press Ctrl-caps-lock the 152 transmits.

I'm very open to the fact that I'm doing something wrong but I could've sworn that it work the way I want it to some time ago :)

Screenshot showing my bindings:

04cGAND.png

I've never like the whole Default Key setup with ACRE, in fact just like you our unit has set their keys similar to TFAR as they make more sense.

Remove the Default Radio key key bind.

Set Alt Radio Key 1 to Caps lock.

this means you will never have problems with whatever radio is default. Radio 1 will always be CAPS, Radio 2 will always be CTRL+Caps etc.

Also set a key for babel, it is a REALLY cool feature for ACRE and in encourage all units to give it a go, it really adds an extra dimension to PVP or Team vs Team game modes.

@jonpas & @rekkless: Thank you so much! As expected it was stupidity being in the way of proper usage. Seeing it now ... it just becomes so clear :D

Agreed on babel btw it really is cool ...  but I play 99.9% PvE-based zeus missions and the ways the missions are designed we never get any use for it. So, I unbound it.

Does anyone know how Luetins group have incorporated ACRE completely into Zeus??

Not only can they hear the radios (an simple thing to achieve with a infantry based Zeus) but while in Zeus they can hear the players via Proximity Chat. This would make ACRE for me if we could figure out how to do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rekkless said:

Does anyone know how Luetins group have incorporated ACRE completely into Zeus??

Not only can they hear the radios (an simple thing to achieve with a infantry based Zeus) but while in Zeus they can hear the players via Proximity Chat. This would make ACRE for me if we could figure out how to do it.

Maybe with

[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

When entering zeus ?

6 hours ago, sparfell_19 said:

Maybe with

[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

When entering zeus ?

I thought it might be that. Any Idea where I or how I would try this out?

We normally put that code in the OnPlayKilled.sqf but I'm not sure what a Zeus one would be called?

5 hours ago, rekkless said:

I thought it might be that. Any Idea where I or how I would try this out?

We normally put that code in the OnPlayKilled.sqf but I'm not sure what a Zeus one would be called?

I don't know but if zeus can use the debug console he can probably do it manually.