ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

1 hour ago, kOepi (DayZ) said:

I personally like to master the art of communicating and assisting to leadership essentials by filtering radio traffic to the important stuff and deliver that package to the leader, so he can focus more on his actual job.

This is not about how you should act but what are the offered possibilities by the simulation. 

I personnaly like to be able to do what I did IRL : maximum volume on speakers, having a smoke with a few guys around waiting for a retarded officer to ask you to walk faster than light you don't know where and you don't know why. Even if that's fucking counter productive in PvP environnement, I still enjoy it (mostly because i'm not ugly, dirty and stinky anymore when doing it). :dummy:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Tyranos said:

This is not about how you should act but what are the offered possibilities by the simulation. 

I personnaly like to be able to do what I did IRL : maximum volume on speakers, having a smoke with a few guys around waiting for a retarded officer to ask you to walk faster than light you don't know where and you don't know why. Even if that's fucking counter productive in PvP environnement, I still enjoy it (mostly because i'm not ugly, dirty and stinky anymore when doing it). :dummy:

The 148 has a loudspeaker/internal speaker option, On convoys or Op's I normally set one to loudspeaker so the guys can hear whats going on. It works on the ground, on a person or in vehicle inventory. 

Open radio, hit MODE > ENT> Use arrow keys to select INT AUDIO> Hit ENT again. 

Those around you should now hear everything.

Although we currently have a bug so you cant see the display :(

I did not know, thanks :)
Yet I mostly play WW2 environnement so with the PRC-77 

8 hours ago, kOepi (DayZ) said:

thanks for the answer. this development build is essential to my efforts then. Is there a way I can get that and distribute it?

Join our Slack (slackin link on front page of our GitHub) and you can download it there.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 9:33 AM, kOepi (DayZ) said:

yeah. well. maybe you want to shout at them first, shoot at them, if you want them to leave.

I don't know if you've ever tried shouting at someone from 20m away while they are in closed car with the engine running, but generally it's not enough for anyone inside that car to hear what you're saying which is why loudspeakers are generally used when giving instructions to people inside vehicles from a distance, such as police telling someone to step out of a vehicle from a distance. Also generally you don't shoot at people when manning a checkpoint unless they are a possible threat.

@Eogos

dont get me wrong, it would be a nice feature, I just imagine another illness resulting of this feature. e.g.: a ww2 unit plays with acre and everyone has a megaphone so they can talk to each other from everywhere to everyone, always. circumventing the original intent of this mod.

I wish there would be a orientation-dependent microphone volume function, in which people over longer distances
actually have to face each other to hear and understand them shouting.

if your car engine is running and you cannot hear someone shouting at you from 20 meters, your engine sounds are probably too high.
I guess the only thing your really would want to cummunicate with them through a megaphone would be the phrase "Exit the vehicle" to
see whether they cooperate.

@kOepi (DayZ) The group I'm with has a WW2 server and we don't have issues with people abusing radios because we just say "hey it's WW2 not everyone had a radio don't use it" and they don't. At most we use the 117 and 77 radios for calling in support but only one person has it.

Also, with the engine sound, I'm talking about in real life. I don't think I've once been able to hear anyone while in a closed car when the engine is on, unless they are standing right next to the window but in that case I usually just roll the window down.

• Like 1

I know that you can mute and unmute spectators after the spectator mode has been initialized, but is it somehow possible to have spectators muted by default?

Hi All,

Having some Issues getting ACRE2 to work for me. I keep getting "ACRE IS NOT CONNECTED TO TEAMSPEAK 3" when I'm on a server. I have both ArmA and TS running out of admin. I have also tried running both in admin, which produced the same error. I have removed all ACRE2 Installs on my PC and reinstalled TS3, Re-Subscribed to ACRE2 on Steam and ACRE did not automatically move my plugins for me, I tried moving them manually but still have this issue when in-game. 

I have also tried a manual install which did not work :/

Is anyone about to provide an Insight/ help me fix this issue?

Below is my ACRE2.log file

[22:26:50.829] * Logging engine initialized.
[22:26:50.830] Configuration Path: {C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/config/\acre\acre2.ini}
[22:26:50.830] Failed to load ACRE ini file. Using defaults...
[22:26:50.831] Failed to load ACRE ini file. Using defaults...
[22:26:50.831] Opening game pipe...
[22:26:50.831] Game pipe opening successful. [3804 & 3908]
[22:26:57.156] Engine Shutting Down
[22:26:57.161] Write loop disconnected
[22:26:57.164] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:26:57.254] Engine Shutting Down
[22:26:57.258] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:26:57.258] * Destroying logging engine.
[22:29:26.832] * Logging engine initialized.
[22:29:26.832] Configuration Path: {C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/config/\acre\acre2.ini}
[22:29:26.833] Successfully loaded ACRE ini file (any failures above can be ignored).
[22:29:26.833] Successfully loaded ACRE ini file (any failures above can be ignored).
[22:29:26.833] Opening game pipe...
[22:29:26.833] Game pipe opening successful. [4844 & 3768]
[22:29:27.380] Engine Shutting Down
[22:29:27.384] Write loop disconnected
[22:29:27.386] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:29:27.435] Engine Shutting Down
[22:29:27.437] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:29:27.437] * Destroying logging engine.
[22:29:35.859] * Logging engine initialized.
[22:29:35.859] Configuration Path: {C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/config/\acre\acre2.ini}
[22:29:35.859] Successfully loaded ACRE ini file (any failures above can be ignored).
[22:29:35.859] Successfully loaded ACRE ini file (any failures above can be ignored).
[22:29:35.860] Opening game pipe...
[22:29:35.860] Game pipe opening successful. [3984 & 4812]
[22:29:37.510] Engine Shutting Down
[22:29:37.513] Write loop disconnected
[22:29:37.516] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:29:37.566] Engine Shutting Down
[22:29:37.567] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:29:37.567] * Destroying logging engine.
[22:29:37.572] * Logging engine initialized.
[22:29:37.572] Configuration Path: {C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/config/\acre\acre2.ini}
[22:29:37.572] Successfully loaded ACRE ini file (any failures above can be ignored).
[22:29:37.572] Successfully loaded ACRE ini file (any failures above can be ignored).
[22:29:37.572] Opening game pipe...
[22:29:37.572] Game pipe opening successful. [4596 & 3204]
[22:49:39.445] Engine Shutting Down
[22:49:39.448] Write loop disconnected
[22:49:39.450] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:49:39.496] Engine Shutting Down
[22:49:39.497] Engine Shutdown Complete
[22:49:39.497] * Destroying logging engine.

Thanks 

Tom

It is too bad Omnibus Edition went the way of the Dodo. Especially since the likelihood of getting Discord support is slim.

ACRE2 Release 2.5.0

This release focuses on a new radio, better TeamSpeak integration, a new antenna generation pipeline, AN/PRC-148 display and all-radios-are-mine-detectors fixes, as well as other various improvements and fixes.

New Radio - SEM 70

Another German radio meets ACRE2, featuring automatic channel selection for the first time in ACRE. You can read more about this beastly radio here.

wRcR0YY.png

TeamSpeak Channel Switching

One of the most requested features finally found its way into ACRE2, added by a contributor @tbeswick96. This feature allows hands-free switching between current and an Arma-designated channel.

xdTXaFB.png

Localization

Full Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese translations are a part of this update, as well as great effort on updates of Japanese, German and Polish translations.

Z7Iu3iD.png

4nec2 Antenna Calculation

All antenna calculation switched from using the old gain model to a new one, powered by 4nec2. This allows faster and easier addition of new antennas, read more about the process here.

4nec2_gain_generation.png

Other

Other less but not least important additions include a box with radios for quick and easy access and gearing up and a radio preset for AN/PRC-77, for ability to set default channel via scripting. It is now also possible to open radios on the main ACE3 interaction point in addition to sub-action.

Additionally, default Terrain Loss coefficient has been changed to 0.5 (from 1.0), making ACRE2 slightly friendlier and more approachable to new users while still keeping it very realistic (old value was found to be a tad too much).

AN/PRC-148 had its display fixed after Arma 3's font-breaking update 1.72, and all radios are no longer mine detectors after mine-creating update 1.76. And thanks to @LordGolias SQF Linter, a lot of the code was improved that would otherwise be missed.

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 12

You guys are Amazing.  Thank you all for the release.

Only feedback I would have with the TS Channel switching is please make the channel passworded. So you can enter a basic channel password like 123 to keep players out who aren't in game.

I'm guessing by the changelog still no Vehicle Racks? or Full Virtual Zeus integration? A bit of a shame but we will wait patiently for them.

Other than that the new SEM70 is sweet, as are all the fixes and updates - I'm glad to see the 148 is back to proper visual operation.

@rekkless Passworded channels is something I'm intending to look at for a future update.

It was something I wasn't quite sure how to approach back when I did the first implementation of channel switching, but I have a few ideas now. Stay tuned!

10 hours ago, rekkless said:

I'm guessing by the changelog still no Vehicle Racks? or Full Virtual Zeus integration? A bit of a shame but we will wait patiently for them.

Racks, external radios and intercom overhaul are not polished enough yet for a release, so we decided to release 2.5.0 without them to get other things out.

• Like 1

This is a really awesome mod.  Please keep up the good work!!

How long before the Radio Mast works with Radios? The OE-303 object that could be placed that was a radio antenna. It was supposed to be able to be used as a Rebroadcast station. Supposed to be able to put 2 radios on it.

TeamSpeak Channel Switching

One of the most requested features finally found its way into ACRE2, added by a contributor @tbeswick96. This feature allows hands-free switching between current and an Arma-designated channel.

is that changable? Can I make, when player join the mission before it starts and choise side opfor/blufor: he will automticly join the same chanel for his side in ts (players can have special-secret briefing in PVP)

and after mission starts - players will automatcicaly joins in one ts channel

hello guys,

Im having some problems with 2.5.0.968 version of acre. I have the latest plugin and TS version and I hear my clanmates in a robotic sort of voice. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Thank you. @ACRE_Team

Do you use maybe the Opus Music Codec on your Channel? I was have a same issue, that was regarding to the Opus Music Codec, if you switch to the Opus Voice, all should be fine.

21 hours ago, sancron said:

Do you use maybe the Opus Music Codec on your Channel? I was have a same issue, that was regarding to the Opus Music Codec, if you switch to the Opus Voice, all should be fine.

Hey thank you for your advice. Unfortunately that was not the issue. Our channels are all set on Opus Voice, and we still hear robotic voices even throughout the radios.

Still looking for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

I opened a Github issue regarding this:  https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/issues/413
Issue has been solved you can see the solution here (TLDR: Use per side babel setting): https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/issues/413#event-1287299286

hello

a user of my mission (combat assault) report this bug:

2. We use ACRE2 and often, again on respawn, players have to put their ACRE radio on the ground and pick it back up to regain radio function. I don't know if this is an ACRE issue or something to do with how the mission applies the players loadout on respawn.

do you knwo where it can come from ? At the die of player, and respawn , all the inventory is load as before he died. Is there a special command for acre radio ?

for more informations, you can check the load and save function on this object:

https://github.com/code34/combat_assault.altis/blob/master/client/objects/oo_inventory.sqf

Wow, this is one dead thread lately. Can anyone tell me what the 'Unmute Clients' setting does? I'm looking for an option to allow group members to join Teamspeak and talk to those of us who are in game. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

Wow, this is one dead thread lately. Can anyone tell me what the 'Unmute Clients' setting does? I'm looking for an option to allow group members to join Teamspeak and talk to those of us who are in game. Thanks.

Everything just works so well! :D

It unmutes clients when ACRE disconnects from the game, so you don't have left-over muted people.

You can't allow people who are not in-game to talk to the ones in-game, it is a design decision and we will not change it. The whole point is to prevent disruptions during the game.