ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Hey guys, my group's recently returned to using ACRE. Only thing we can't seem to get to work at the moment is players in the unconscious state being able to talk to each other (using ACE). We're using the new CBA ability to set settings serverside so no modules are placed in the mission itself, wondered if this might have something to do with it?

Cheers for all the hard work on the mod ACRE team.

13 hours ago, flipped said:

Hey guys, my group's recently returned to using ACRE. Only thing we can't seem to get to work at the moment is players in the unconscious state being able to talk to each other (using ACE). We're using the new CBA ability to set settings serverside so no modules are placed in the mission itself, wondered if this might have something to do with it?

You want players to be able to talk to each other when unconscious? If that is so, ACE3 mutes unconscious players in the medical system, I do not think there is a setting for this currently, you should make a feature request here at ACE3.

18 hours ago, flipped said:

I can only assume you mean you want players to be able to talk to one another when they are dead. Having players talk with one another when they are unconscious is a very strange request.

But if it is for when they are dead ACRE doesn't work so well with the Vanilla End Game spectator mode. My recommendation is the ACE Spectator mode, it works a treat with that and unlike TFAR you can still hear the players on the battlefield which makes for spectating much more enjoyable.

If you are indeed asking for players to be able to communicate whilst they are unconscious you'll have to follow jonpas lead and request the feature.

Hey Guys,

does ACRE2 support virtual zeus entitys which means can I use all radios in zeus window? I tried it but I don't have radios and when I switch into a unit and out of it I get the short range functionality as zeus but no long range and I can't change frequencys.

Greets

Gunman

2 hours ago, gunman666 said:

Hey Guys,

does ACRE2 support virtual zeus entitys which means can I use all radios in zeus window? I tried it but I don't have radios and when I switch into a unit and out of it I get the short range functionality as zeus but no long range and I can't change frequencys.

Greets

Gunman

No it doesn't, to me it is one of the biggest lacking features of ACRE that Zeus's can't communicate between each other or they can't hear players on the battlefield in the Zeus interface. It really is strange since ACE spectator allows players using ACRE to hear players on the battlefield and to communicate with other spectators.

Zeus can however communicate with other players on the battlefield if they remote control AI on the battlefield, but only within the proximity of that AI, They can also use that AI's radios but only on that AI's frequencies there is no way to switch between Opfor and BluFor frequencies for example without spawning in another AI.

37 minutes ago, rekkless said:

No it doesn't, to me it is one of the biggest lacking features of ACRE that Zeus's can't communicate between each other or they can't hear players on the battlefield in the Zeus interface. It really is strange since ACE allows players using ACRE to hear players on the battlefield and to communicate with other spectators.

Zeus can however communicate with other players on the battlefield if they remote control AI on the battlefield, but only within the proximity of that AI, They can also use that AI's radios but only on that AI's frequencies there is no way to switch between Opfor and BluFor frequencies for example without spawning in another AI.

Feel free to rise an issue on Github: https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/issues

2 hours ago, rekkless said:

I have, twice over the past 12 months. But no one seems to be interested implementing these features.

OK, maybe it was in the old system?

23 minutes ago, Periodic_Chicken said:

Do you plan on adding discord support?

I'm pretty sure that discord doesn't support it. 

58 minutes ago, sargken said:

I'm pretty sure that discord doesn't support it. 

The Discord Gamebridge program is in its's early stages at the moment. I haven't researched it a ton but it seems to be moving towards a more open platform.

https://discordapp.com/gamebridge

17 hours ago, rekkless said:

No it doesn't, to me it is one of the biggest lacking features of ACRE that Zeus's can't communicate between each other or they can't hear players on the battlefield in the Zeus interface. It really is strange since ACE spectator allows players using ACRE to hear players on the battlefield and to communicate with other spectators.

It is not strange at all. ACE Spectator and remote control effectively switches your "player" to another entity. When Zeus support was added to ACRE it was added so player still speaks through own avatar, if anything we'd want a toggle between that and speaking to other Zeuses. As said, make an issue on GitHub, GitLab ones are no longer active.

• Like 1

I'm using acre+ace, In spectator  I cant hear alive players through my camera, I can hear them only when they close by my dead body, What's a problem?

2 minutes ago, blackburnrus said:

I'm using acre+ace, In spectator  I cant hear alive players through my camera, I can hear them only when they close by my dead body, What's a problem?

You have to use the ACE Spectator Mode not the Vanilla End Game Spectator Mode

Just now, rekkless said:

but I place ace_spectator module in eden before that

1 minute ago, blackburnrus said:

but I place ace_spectator module in eden before that

You need to set it in the Respawn settings, You can do that either in the editor under respawn settinga or put this in your description.ext

respawn = 3;
respawnOnStart = -1;
respawnDelay = 9999999;
respawnTemplates[] = {"wave","ace_spectator"};

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rekkless said:

Not true, we've used End Game Spectator for a long time with ACRE.

onPlayerKilled.sqf

[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;
["Initialize", [player, [], true, true, true, false, true, false, true, false]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

11 minutes ago, Alex2k said:

Not true, we've used End Game Spectator for a long time with ACRE.

onPlayerKilled.sqf

["Initialize", [player, [], true, true, true, false, true, false, true, false]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

OK so hold on here. If I put:

Into a onPlayerKilled.sqf that will make it so ACRE Spectators can chat among themselves and still hear players on the battlefield as they move the camera around?

That's what it does for us.
You might want the reverse for onPlayerRespawn.sqf if you plan on respawning people.

["Terminate"] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;
[false] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

2 hours ago, Alex2k said:

That's what it does for us.
You might want the reverse for onPlayerRespawn.sqf if you plan on respawning people.

["Terminate"] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;
[false] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

Awesome man, I just tried it out and it worked a treat. We run permadeath on our server so no need for the respawn script.

However I do have one more question for you:

Do you have any idea what all the true and falses mean in the script line 
["Initialize", [player, [], true, true, true, false, true, false, true, false]] call  BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

In particular I'd like to get rid of the information box that appears when you select a player. You know the one that says all the statistics of a player when you select them to spectate them.

16 hours ago, blackburnrus said:

does acre supports underwater missions?

Yes, for now radios will work underwater, until proper underwater radio simulation is implemented, if ever.

11 hours ago, rekkless said:

Awesome man, I just tried it out and it worked a treat. We run permadeath on our server so no need for the respawn script.

However I do have one more question for you:

Do you have any idea what all the true and falses mean in the script line 
["Initialize", [player, [], true, true, true, false, true, false, true, false]] call  BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

In particular I'd like to get rid of the information box that appears when you select a player. You know the one that says all the statistics of a player when you select them to spectate them.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/EG_Spectator_Mode
That should tell you all you need to know.

trying to add radios thrue description.ext. and nothing happends.

I'm using

items[]={};
        weapons[]={};
        magazines[]={}; etc. to add uniforms, weapons etc. And all works fine except acre radios. When I ussed tfar I can add tfar radios like this

8 minutes ago, blackburnrus said:

trying to add radios thrue description.ext. and nothing happends.

I'm using

items[]={};
        weapons[]={};
        magazines[]={}; etc. to add uniforms, weapons etc. And all works fine except acre radios. When I ussed tfar I can add tfar radios like this

Give an example of what you are doing.