ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

25 minutes ago, Kniazzy said:

Hooray! Thankyou!

Does the latest release also support Teamspeak Version 3.1.4?

There have been no changes to the API on TeamSpeak's side, even previous 2 versions would work. :)

We also update the first post with latest TeamSpeak support as we post the update posts, do check that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonpas said:

There have been no changes to the API on TeamSpeak's side, even previous 2 versions would work. :)

We also update the first post with latest TeamSpeak support as we post the update posts, do check that.

Thanks, I had no idea!
I'll be sure to check next time, sorry about that. Gotten so used to just jumping to the last page.
Time to tell the lads to update TeamSpeak!!

3 hours ago, Kniazzy said:

Hooray! Thankyou!

Does the latest release also support Teamspeak Version 3.1.4?

Yes it does. I have tested it and I have found no issues.

Respawns:  I find that we often have to remove the radio from our inventory and then put it back in order to get it working after a respawn.  This is my current onPlayerKilled and onPlayerRespawn:

onPlayerKilled.sqf

_unit = _this select 0;
[_unit, [_unit, "SavedInventory"]] call BIS_fnc_saveInventory;

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

_unit = _this select 0;
[_unit, [_unit, "SavedInventory"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;

_corpse = _this select 1;
removeAllWeapons _corpse;
removeBackpackGlobal _corpse;
removeVest _corpse;
removeAllAssignedItems _corpse;
removeAllItems _corpse;
removeGoggles _corpse;
removeHeadgear _corpse;
{deleteVehicle _x} forEach nearestObjects [(getPosATL _corpse),["WeaponHolderSimulated","groundWeaponHolder"],5];
deleteVehicle _corpse;

Do I need to add a delay into the respawn script?  Or is there something ACRE2 specific that I can put in there to initialize the radio?  I use the mission module to add the radio.  Would it be better to simply have it in the player's loadout and forgo that modlule?

Also, is there a way to set the default speaking volume to something other than 50%?

Thank you!

-Doc

On 22/04/2017 at 3:48 AM, doc. caliban said:

Respawns:  I find that we often have to remove the radio from our inventory and then put it back in order to get it working after a respawn.

Similar issue with us, however after respawn we have to restart Teamspeak otherwise we're mute to other players.

• Like 1

To get around this issue I am trying to remove the radio from the MP player via onPlayerKilled.sqf:

_unit = _this select 0;
_unit removeItem ([] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadio);

And then add it again at the end of onPlayerRespawn.sqf:

_unit addItem "ACRE_PRC152";

I just end up with 2 PCR152's after respawn.

Any ACRE2 devs who can chime in on either the base issue or a workaround?  I don't mind the latter at all ... I just need to figure out how to do it.

-Doc

They are almost at the outlet I would say... *coug* *cough*

Hey guys 

I got reports of ACRE spamming these errors last night during a mission and ultimately it ended up bogging down the mission making the game unplayable after enough  time.

I can't say I've ever seen it before. Can anyone shed some light on if it is bug or if this is generated from user error?

18160224_10208737922193589_1836152308_o.

18159244_10208737940154038_1542087428_o.

I suggest you provide more information as per our guidelines on the issue tracker. It looks like your loadout script is messing with the inventory causing the desync to happen, or using wrong classnames or something, either way can't help without full RPT and filled out issue report on our GitHub repository.

On 15.09.2016 at 2:55 AM, blackburnrus said:

I heard that ACRE doesnt have "ts auto-channel move" feature. If  35 players  per side have special secret briefings on the map before launching the mission, then they must switch chanels manualy???

are u planning to make this feature?

8 hours ago, blackburnrus said:

are u planning to make this feature?

It is already implemented in the latest dev-build :)

I ve got serious problem like shown at attached screenshot below. Text on radios LCD screens is misaligned and radio dials and buttons are misplaced. I play on full screen in 1920x1080 resolution.

Any idea what should I do to fix this?

Regards.

56E7FA9236D3CD1D15AD8E30071AA443C616F8DF

4 hours ago, bolo861 said:

I ve got serious problem like shown at attached screenshot below. Text on radios LCD screens is misaligned and radio dials and buttons are misplaced. I play on full screen in 1920x1080 resolution.

Any idea what should I do to fix this?

Seems like UI size issues in your profile, sometimes after game updates UI size goes a bit wonkers. Could you try creating a new profile and see if the issue still persists?

On 21. 4. 2017 at 9:48 PM, doc. caliban said:

Do I need to add a delay into the respawn script?  Or is there something ACRE2 specific that I can put in there to initialize the radio?  I use the mission module to add the radio.  Would it be better to simply have it in the player's loadout and forgo that modlule?

Delay should not be neccessary, but you have to make sure you are not adding a radio with an ID back. Yes, you can just have the base class of the radio in the loadout, that will work fine.

On 26. 4. 2017 at 3:53 PM, rekkless said:

Hey guys 

I got reports of ACRE spamming these errors last night during a mission and ultimately it ended up bogging down the mission making the game unplayable after enough  time.

I can't say I've ever seen it before. Can anyone shed some light on if it is bug or if this is generated from user error?

Most likely an issue with whatever loadout scripts you are using. Make sure you are on the latest update as well, there have been some fixes to radio garbage collection.

4 hours ago, jonpas said:

Seems like UI size issues in your profile, sometimes after game updates UI size goes a bit wonkers. Could you try creating a new profile and see if the issue still persists?

I ve deleted my profile to default and created a new one. Unfortunately problem still persists.

I ve also tried to change UI size in video options - no dice.

Coud it be some problem related to some Windows C++ aplet or Microsoft .Net Framework app or something?

But I think that I ve got everything up to date including Windows.

I am puzzled with that.

6 hours ago, bolo861 said:

I ve deleted my profile to default and created a new one. Unfortunately problem still persists.

I ve also tried to change UI size in video options - no dice.

Coud it be some problem related to some Windows C++ aplet or Microsoft .Net Framework app or something?

But I think that I ve got everything up to date including Windows.

I am puzzled with that.

Honestly I am baffled as well. Just to cross possible conflicts. Can this be reproduced only when launching A3 with CBA, ACRE2 and maybe ACE3? I am using the same resolution as you but I am not able to reproduce this.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 1:34 AM, doc. caliban said:

Sounds like they are!

OK, I'll drop the bomb:

May you be so kind to check our latest dev-build? You can find it on ACRE2 slack.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, magnetar said:

Honestly I am baffled as well. Just to cross possible conflicts. Can this be reproduced only when launching A3 with CBA, ACRE2 and maybe ACE3? I am using the same resolution as you but I am not able to reproduce this.

Turns out that all I had to do to fix this was to change resolution for other then native and then change it back to 1920x1080 and it works as intended. Thanks for help.

Just now, bolo861 said:

Turns out that all I had to do to fix this was change resolution for other then native and then change it back to 1920x1080 and it works as intended. Thanks for help.

Good to know it has been solved. Cheers.

On 4/28/2017 at 0:00 PM, jonpas said:

Delay should not be neccessary, but you have to make sure you are not adding a radio with an ID back. Yes, you can just have the base class of the radio in the loadout, that will work fine.

Thanks.

The only issue I still haven't figured out how to remove the radio from inventory in the first place.  What is the function to use?  None of the ones documented seem to work for me.

To be clear, I mean in MP where I can manipulate everything else by using _this select 0, and then _this.   Does not seem to work for removing a radio though.

-Doc

Edited by doc. caliban

22 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

Thanks.

The only issue I still haven't figured out how to remove the radio from inventory in the first place.  What is the function to use?  None of the ones documented seem to work for me.

To be clear, I mean in MP where I can manipulate everything else by using _this select 0, and then _this.   Does not seem to work for removing a radio though.

-Doc

I am not sure what you mean by "can manipulate everything else by using _this select 0, and then _this", but I will try to answer.

You can remove the radio just like any other item in Arma, to identify if an item is a radio you can use the following code (as radios change their classnames due to unique identifiers):

if ([_item] call acre_api_fnc_isRadio) then {
    _player removeItem _item;
};

Where "_item" is the classname, you can for example loop through everything in uniform/vest/backpack.

Alternatively if you are only worried about radios you can also use "[] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList" on the client's machine to get all of the radios on the local player if you are doing this on each client.