ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Roger!

The crashes are reported to BI as well through Dwarden and we're also going to setup some better tests when only running vanilla, then add mods and/or modpacks as we go and try to pointpoint something. Right now we're running way to much stuff at the same time to get any useful information out of the rpt's and dumps imho :)

Will report back if we found anything that can contribute to this particular thread.

• Like 1

Heya there guys,

since the people on the RHS threat are not responding i thought i'll try my luck here,

i am having an issue with RHS and ACRE2.

both mods work perfectly fine but whenever i step into a RHS Aircraft or Heli i have no long range radio. is there a way to fix this without putting a long range radio on the player?

this cause the pilot loadouts generally don't have space for a long range radio.

Greets Eliree

Nope, no vehicle radios atm in ACRE2 ... but they are on their way!

For now you need a 117 or similar in a backpack.

2 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Nope, no vehicle radios atm in ACRE2 ... but they are on their way!

For now you need a 117 or similar in a backpack.

hmmm ok xD

cheers for the response man

Okay, hoping that someone can either correlate the issues i am about to describe or at least provide some insight. 

As some context, i manage addons for my community and we recently ran a large test on a gamenight testing switching from TFAR to ACRE. We had upwards of 40 players and were running ACRE 2.4.1.974

It was a bit of a bumpy night, the biggest issue we had was a small set of players that whilst loading a mission would consistently crash out with no errors. No matter what mission the same small subset of players would consistently crash out when we had approx 40 people on the server all loading to the briefing. This was replicated in 3 different missions and on 2 of our servers both running the same modsets. 

We tried letting these people go into a completely empty server, load up the mission and they were able to get into the briefing with just them. Then they launched the mission and the other 30 or so players JIP'd in, over the next half an hour of mission play time most of the people with issues proceeded to crash out with no errors, nothing in their RPT's either. Only 2 people i believe of the small group affected didn't crash out, of all the players having this issue there was a mix of 32 and 64 bit users.

The only data that seems to correlate is high player numbers already on the server, though i know this shouldn't be an issue as communities like Shacktac and UO run ACRE fine with more players than we had. I don't believe it was anything to do with the server, it was running ACRE fine on 64bit server exec, and i was using a userconfig to load default server settings via CBA. 

Any insight anyone can provide would be most appreciated, as i would like to continue testing for prospective ACRE implementation for my community.

4 hours ago, -ben- said:

Okay, hoping that someone can either correlate the issues i am about to describe or at least provide some insight. 

As some context, i manage addons for my community and we recently ran a large test on a gamenight testing switching from TFAR to ACRE. We had upwards of 40 players and were running ACRE 2.4.1.974

It was a bit of a bumpy night, the biggest issue we had was a small set of players that whilst loading a mission would consistently crash out with no errors. No matter what mission the same small subset of players would consistently crash out when we had approx 40 people on the server all loading to the briefing. This was replicated in 3 different missions and on 2 of our servers both running the same modsets. 

We tried letting these people go into a completely empty server, load up the mission and they were able to get into the briefing with just them. Then they launched the mission and the other 30 or so players JIP'd in, over the next half an hour of mission play time most of the people with issues proceeded to crash out with no errors, nothing in their RPT's either. Only 2 people i believe of the small group affected didn't crash out, of all the players having this issue there was a mix of 32 and 64 bit users.

The only data that seems to correlate is high player numbers already on the server, though i know this shouldn't be an issue as communities like Shacktac and UO run ACRE fine with more players than we had. I don't believe it was anything to do with the server, it was running ACRE fine on 64bit server exec, and i was using a userconfig to load default server settings via CBA. 

Any insight anyone can provide would be most appreciated, as i would like to continue testing for prospective ACRE implementation for my community.

I would suggest you make an issue on GitHub, attach RPT and acre_dll.log (found in "Arma 3/logs" folder) logs and also join our Slack for easier communication. This should indeed not be happening and many other communities run just fine with even more players.

And I believe you meant build 947 and not 974. :D

14 hours ago, jonpas said:

I would suggest you make an issue on GitHub, attach RPT and acre_dll.log (found in "Arma 3/logs" folder) logs and also join our Slack for easier communication. This should indeed not be happening and many other communities run just fine with even more players.

And I believe you meant build 947 and not 974. :D

I shall raise a github issue, do you want the RPT and logs from the servers or the clients, getting the servers ones will be considerably easier than the clients, but not impossible. Also yes i did mean 947. xD

On 5. 4. 2017 at 1:59 PM, -ben- said:

I shall raise a github issue, do you want the RPT and logs from the servers or the clients, getting the servers ones will be considerably easier than the clients, but not impossible. Also yes i did mean 947. xD

Anything you can get, including minidump files if they were generated. Can also add logs after you create an issue, so we can take a look at the ones you do have already.

Hi guys

I would like to look into making a custom sound pack for ACRE mostly focusing on the beeps. I'm guessing that is what Wav2B64 is for as I've unpbod the ACRE sound pbo and found the sounds themselves are an unknown sound files but every sound program I have on my PC (Adobe Audition, Winamp, VLC and more).

Just wondering is there any documentation on Wav2B64 and how to use it? Everytime I try to open it it just closes immediately. Even if I try opening the ACRE .B64 sounds with it (right click open file with function)

It would be awesome to make some custom "beeps" for ACRE since I believe we are allowed to now that it is open source. Thanks for the help.

38 minutes ago, rekkless said:

Hi guys

I would like to look into making a custom sound pack for ACRE mostly focusing on the beeps. I'm guessing that is what Wav2B64 is for as I've unpbod the ACRE sound pbo and found the sounds themselves are an unknown sound files but every sound program I have on my PC (Adobe Audition, Winamp, VLC and more).

Just wondering is there any documentation on Wav2B64 and how to use it? Everytime I try to open it it just closes immediately. Even if I try opening the ACRE .B64 sounds with it (right click open file with function)

It would be awesome to make some custom "beeps" for ACRE since I believe we are allowed to now that it is open source. Thanks for the help.

It is a command line program, and it converts .wav to .b64 file, nothing else. There is no documentation about it at this time, you can join our Slack for further questions as it is a lot easier to talk than on the forums.

I play with a group and sometimes we don't bother to get on teamspeak and just use the in-game voice if there aren't enough players to justify using radios. the problem is there's a pretty annoying warning hint that pops up saying ACRE isn't connected to teamspeak.

Since the server I play on doesn't authenticate mods, I'd like to just modify the pbo and remove the line containing the warning hint, however it's a pretty large archive and I'm having trouble finding what sqf it's located in. Would a dev be able to help me out with this?

Why not just disable the ACRE2 mod when not using it? Since the you said the server is not authenticating mods, it shouldn't care if the mod is not active on a any of the clients.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

Why not just disable the ACRE2 mod when not using it? Since the you said the server is not authenticating mods, it shouldn't care if the mod is not active on a any of the clients.

it's less convenient, and any missions that give units radios will force acre to be required, even if it's not server authenticated.

this would be an easy 30 second fix, if not for the fact that acre has a hundred sqfs and I don't know where to look for the warning hint

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coonslammer69 said:

it's less convenient, and any missions that give units radios will force acre to be required, even if it's not server authenticated.

this would be an easy 30 second fix, if not for the fact that acre has a hundred sqfs and I don't know where to look for the warning hint

So instead of unticking ACRE 2 from your mod playlist. Or creating a separate second mod playlist without ACRE 2 you want to spend all this time going through it files, unpboing the mod, finding all the correct scripts, repboing the mod, then testing your changes to see if there are not problems with it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't remove the hint if you really want to, I just think it is one of the strangest solutions to a REALLY easily fixable problem.

Also keep in mind each time ACRE get updated you're going to have to repeat the process.

3 hours ago, rekkless said:

So instead of unticking ACRE 2 from your mod playlist. Or creating a separate second mod playlist without ACRE 2 you want to spend all this time going through it files, unpboing the mod, finding all the correct scripts, repboing the mod, then testing your changes to see if there are not problems with it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't remove the hint if you really want to, I just think it is one of the strangest solutions to a REALLY easily fixable problem.

Also keep in mind each time ACRE get updated you're going to have to repeat the process.

I partially agree with coonslammer69,

Within my community there are moments when there aren't enough people in the session (yet) to use radios, usually pre-OP or post-OP when people kinda just fuck about. We tend to then disable the ACRE plugin on TS3, since we don't want to close down the game, untick ACRE2 (not even possible with our launcher) & relaunch the game, which takes ages due to mods & so on.

Unlike coon, I don't find the hint that intrusive anymore, due to having seen it for years. Modifying the ACRE pbo's wouldn't be very efficient since one would indeed have to repeat the process (albeit short) after every ACRE update. It would be neat if there was a CBA settings option to disable the hint, client-sided or serversided.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Replacing the hint with an icon similar to the desync one is on the todo, but unknown when we'll release it.

22 hours ago, rekkless said:

through it files, unpboing the mod, finding all the correct scripts, repboing the mod, then testing your changes to see if there are not problems with it.

you're making it sound like it would take more than 30 seconds to remove a line and replace the original file

14 hours ago, jonpas said:

Replacing the hint with an icon similar to the desync one is on the todo, but unknown when we'll release it.

for our own personal use, would you happen to know the directory of the script that displays the hint so we can remove it?

28 minutes ago, coonslammer69 said:

you're making it sound like it would take more than 30 seconds to remove a line and replace the original file

for our own personal use, would you happen to know the directory of the script that displays the hint so we can remove it?

No, but that hint is there for a reason - to tell you TeamSpeak is not connected to the game. Even if we would decide to ditch it (which we won't) it would take more than 30s to make a release, so pointless.

The line is here, but mind we cannot provide you any support when modifying it.

3 minutes ago, jonpas said:

No, but that hint is there for a reason - to tell you TeamSpeak is not connected to the game. Even if we would decide to ditch it (which we won't) it would take more than 30s to make a release, so pointless.

The line is here, but mind we cannot provide you any support when modifying it.

yeah, I wasn't asking you to make a release, I just wanted to change it myself, thanks for the help

1 hour ago, coonslammer69 said:

While I feel this is becoming an unnecessary argument, how much time have you put into it already? I dare say more than 30 seconds. Anyway man I believe ACRE is open source now anyway so you can do what you want with it. I was merely expressing that I found it a strange request.

Anyway bud, I'll drop it there as I can't help you finding the pop up message, but good luck with it. 

On 4/8/2017 at 3:20 PM, jonpas said:

It is a command line program, and it converts .wav to .b64 file, nothing else. There is no documentation about it at this time, you can join our Slack for further questions as it is a lot easier to talk than on the forums.

As I'd very much like to make a couple of sound packs what exactly is "Slack"

29 minutes ago, rekkless said:

As I'd very much like to make a couple of sound packs what exactly is "Slack"

It's a chat platform, you can find a self-invite (slackin) link on the front page of our GitHub repository.

ACRE2 Release 2.4.2

This hotfix focuses on fixing a rather annoying crash when running 64-bit build of Arma 3, as well as introduces improvements to antenna C++ code.

Additionally, IO and PRC77 components have been cleaned up and Japanese, Russian and Polish translations have been added and/or improved.

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 4

Hooray! Thankyou!

Does the latest release also support Teamspeak Version 3.1.4?