ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

9 minutes ago, runny said:

That's another oddity.. it's hit and miss if I even get the CBA settings dialog to show up at all. Much of the time the addons button is greyed out or gone completely, it varies without even restarting the game. I'm CBA v3.1.2

I did try ctrl-alt-s in the editor and it worked, then I loaded the mission I was working on and it didn't work anymore.. Weird stuff man.

Edit: Tried with CBA 3.2 and nothing changed.

I haven't used it much since once it's set, it's set, but I did have it fail to come up once.  Restarted Eden and it worked fine again.  But yea, a bit touchy.

Fair enough. I can live with it.

So how about that radio range? 117F only reaches 600m with clear line of sight? What am I doing wrong here?

14 hours ago, runny said:

2)In testing the radio ranges I found that the 148, 152, and 117F all have ranges of less than 600m with clear LOS. I must be doing something wrong. Are there supposed to be antennas to attach to the radios? I can't find them anywhere, maybe it's related to the missing module(s). 

I got the same issue. Any advices are welcomed.

EDIT: I'm using the Chernarus Map and I just did a basic setting as explained in the documentation. 

14 hours ago, runny said:

Hi guys, excellent mod! ACRE is the difference between playing arma and being in arma.

I have some questions though:

1) In the mission editor I only get 2 modules, basic settings and channel names. There is no difficulty settings module although I can copy the one out of the example missions and paste it into other missions.

2)In testing the radio ranges I found that the 148, 152, and 117F all have ranges of less than 600m with clear LOS. I must be doing something wrong. Are there supposed to be antennas to attach to the radios? I can't find them anywhere, maybe it's related to the missing module(s). 

I got acre2 first from armaholic and now from the link from this thread. They both have the same issue.

1. As answered before, we use CBA Settings. There won't be documentation on that from us, apart from what each setting does which is already on our documentation. CBA Settings documentation can be found here. As to the hit and miss, I believe that is simply a CBA bug but I will confirm that.

2. Doesn't sound correct, make sure you don't have any weird settings applied and if you still think it's a valid bug make an issue on our GitHub. Also feel free to join our Slack for further troubleshooting.

17 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

Hello.   Another thing I noticed last night that might be along the same lines when you look into it: The mic clicks play in both ears, even if the radio is set to left or right only.  I don't know what the behavior is IRL, but it would seem that all radio related sounds would be in one ear in the game if the option is set that way.  (Or maybe it's a TS3 setting that handles those sounds?)

Thanks,

-Doc

Put it on the GitHub tracker, sounds like something we could improve. We can't track bugs on a forum topic at all, no organization is possible.

As far as I have been able to tell the intercom system seems to only be enabled between crew members of a vehicle. Is there a way to enable the intercom for all occupants so that crew and passengers can communicate with each other through it?

13 minutes ago, Gilatar said:

As far as I have been able to tell the intercom system seems to only be enabled between crew members of a vehicle. Is there a way to enable the intercom for all occupants so that crew and passengers can communicate with each other through it?

No, it is meant to only work between crew, that way passengers can talk and do whatever they like without disrupting the crew operations.

About CBA Settings not appearing, that is not any known bug and is most likely caused by script errors in the mission. Make sure your mission is script error free and CBA Settings should work completely fine.

Hey guys can someone please link me to the github there is some feed back a bug feed back I'd like to share.

I'm currently trying to set up my machine so I can host small-scale coop games, and I'd love to use ACRE2. However, what I've found is that whenever I have ACRE2 activated and try to start a MP mission, I get an infinite loading screen - the loading bar just stops and nothing more happens. The only thing I can do is open the Task Manager and end the Arma 3 process.

I've found a bunch of mentions of the infinite loading screen, but not in connection with ACRE2, and I've yet to find any threads that mention a (general or specific) solution. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any tips on how I might resolve this? For the record, I'm using TS3 64bit and have the mod installed via the Steam workshop.

1 hour ago, thirith said:

I'm currently trying to set up my machine so I can host small-scale coop games, and I'd love to use ACRE2. However, what I've found is that whenever I have ACRE2 activated and try to start a MP mission, I get an infinite loading screen - the loading bar just stops and nothing more happens. The only thing I can do is open the Task Manager and end the Arma 3 process.

I've found a bunch of mentions of the infinite loading screen, but not in connection with ACRE2, and I've yet to find any threads that mention a (general or specific) solution. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any tips on how I might resolve this? For the record, I'm using TS3 64bit and have the mod installed via the Steam workshop.

No, we have not experienced this in any of the sessions. Are you launching Arma 3 with CBA + ACRE2 alone or are you using other mods? Are you using a dedicated server?

Hey guys here is a short video on an on going issue I'm having with ACRE.

It should also be pointed out reloading my teamspeak plugin doesn't fix the problem neither does disabling it and re-enabling it.

here is a copy of my acre_dll log file if you scroll to the bottom at the 11am (ish) time you can see the logs from this video. But I'm affraid they don't say much.

*Edited*
Here is the .RPT file for that game session, unfortunately I have no idea what I'm looking at so good luck

In reply to magnetar:

I'm using a bunch of other mods (mainly maps and the CUP mods, as well as some sound mods); I've yet to try with ACRE2+CBA but without them. I'm not using a dedicated server; is that a requirement with ACRE2?

1 minute ago, thirith said:

I'm using a bunch of other mods (mainly maps and the CUP mods, as well as some sound mods); I've yet to try with ACRE2+CBA but without them. I'm not using a dedicated server; is that a requirement with ACRE2?

No it is not required to use a dedicated server.

41 minutes ago, rekkless said:

Hey guys here is a short video on an on going issue I'm having with ACRE. I'm not sure where to find my .rpt file for this game session, if anyone can point it out I'll upload it too.

It should also be pointed out reloading my teamspeak plugin doesn't fix the problem neither does disabling it and re-enabling it.

here is a copy of my acre_dll log file if you scroll to the bottom at the 11am (ish) time you can see the logs from this video. But I'm affraid they don't say much. Again if someone can point me to where my .rpt file is I can upload that too.

At a first glance I cannot see anything weird on the log file. Could you try to reproduce this without the Framework and only with CBA and ACRE (and ACE3)?

@rekkless

rpt is with your Profile. 

Documents, ARMA  3 ,or ARMA 3 other profiles.

Or in  Users/ name /Appdata/ Local/ ARMA 3

You can just search in C: ".rpt"   and it will bring up all your rpts on C:

I have a theory;   It looks like a Mission/Soldier loadout issue. Not a ACRE issue, except your not getting a  ACRE ID.

Likely because your load doesnt have a default RAD, do to ACE or some Uni/Soldier mod/config that loses space for a replacment 343.

To elaborate on my problem (quoted below): the .rpt file for each of the instances where I had ACRE2 active and tried to launch an MP mission ends with a line that says: "Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@ACRE2\ACRE2Arma.dll"

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

2 hours ago, thirith said:

Edit: Ah, the plot thickens! I've found a post here that suggests it might be my tobii eyetracker. Which would suck, since I pretty much got that one for Arma (since it does both eye and head tracking and makes for a good TrackIR replacement otherwise), but hey, if that solves the issue... Will be back to say whether it did ASAP!

20 minutes ago, thirith said:

To elaborate on my problem (quoted below): the .rpt file for each of the instances where I had ACRE2 active and tried to launch an MP mission ends with a line that says: "Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@ACRE2\ACRE2Arma.dll"

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Edit: Ah, the plot thickens! I've found a post here that suggests it might be my tobii eyetracker. Which would suck, since I pretty much got that one for Arma (since it does both eye and head tracking and makes for a good TrackIR replacement otherwise), but hey, if that solves the issue... Will be back to say whether it did ASAP!

Tobii Eyetracker is known to cause troubles with dlls. Even BI disabled it for a while because it was causing problems to vanilla Arma 3.

So now I'm at a loss, I just launched the server with Escape Altis running only CBA and ACRE and it worked fine.

So I don't know if it is our framework or its conflicting with another mod. And if it is the framework or another mod, why doesn't everyone have trouble hearing and listening to other players? and if it is random why doesn't it happen to me everytime? Granted I only tried to replicate the problem one time on one mission that didn't use our framework. This certainly leaves me without any ideas.

here is a link to our mission framework if someone could take a look at it I would be very appreciative but I honestly dont know what it could be.

the modules compositions require - ACE3, ACEX, ACRE2, MCC4 and Ryan Zombies.

If anyone could advise me on where I should be looking please let me know.

2 hours ago, rekkless said:

So now I'm at a loss, I just launched the server with Escape Altis running only CBA and ACRE and it worked fine.

So I don't know if it is our framework or its conflicting with another mod. And if it is the framework or another mod, why doesn't everyone have trouble hearing and listening to other players? and if it is random why doesn't it happen to me everytime? Granted I only tried to replicate the problem one time on one mission that didn't use our framework. This certainly leaves me without any ideas.

here is a link to our mission framework if someone could take a look at it I would be very appreciative but I honestly dont know what it could be.

the modules compositions require - ACE3, ACEX, ACRE2, MCC4 and Ryan Zombies.

If anyone could advise me on where I should be looking please let me know.

If it is a conflict with another mod, only  through combinations you can find what causes the problem. Sorry I cannot be of much more help. I had a quick look at the Framework and It "seems" fine but I did not test it.

5 hours ago, ShiftyFR said:

Hey guys, any ETA on satcom/radio antenna ?

Maybe. Maybe in one year. Maybe it is already there. Who knows... :wink_o:

• Like 1

Quick update just to say that after I uninstalled everything to do with tobii's eyetracker, everything worked. Which sucks in terms of me not being able to use tobii as well as ACRE2, but still, at least I know what the issue is. Here's hoping tobii will address this at some point.

With the CBA settings is there a way to put them in a mission frame work or hard wire them into the server??

I would like to make some slight adjustments and distribute them to our members as part of the standard mission framework without having to tell each mission maker to each time press CTRL+ALT+S and manually change the settings.

If there anything I can post in the init.sqf file or anywhere else that can just be forced on mission or server start?

Perhaps in the next version of ACRE you could reintroduce the module as it makes things so much easier particular for more ammeter mission makers who might not know about the CBA settings.

39 minutes ago, rekkless said:

With the CBA settings is there a way to put them in a mission frame work or hard wire them into the server??

I would like to make some slight adjustments and distribute them to our members as part of the standard mission framework without having to tell each mission maker to each time press CTRL+ALT+S and manually change the settings.

If there anything I can post in the init.sqf file or anywhere else that can just be forced on mission or server start?

Perhaps in the next version of ACRE you could reintroduce the module as it makes things so much easier particular for more ammeter mission makers who might not know about the CBA settings.

Not through SQF, but you can via server, either have a static settings addon or use userconfig together with "cba_auto_load_settings_file.pbo" (found in userconfig).

We will not be reintroducing the modules for those settings as they are harder to manage and maintain. Additionally, CBA Settings are actually much easier to setup for the mission, you have a variety of options; next to the above 2 you can save it directly to server profile (logging in as admin and setting it in server tab), setting it per-mission (saved in mission.sqm) and save and load presets. Fundamentally, using a module is equivalent to setting it per-mission inside Eden, therefore we have no reason to use modules due to more needed maintenance for less gain.

CBA wiki lacks a bit on all the features of CBA Settings, but there are some quality of life changes coming soon around that which will hopefully clear some things up. :)

• Like 1