ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

The new version that I just got on steam workshop seems to work fine , I just updated to 3.1.1 and I had no problems.

6 hours ago, rekkless said:

TS just got updated to version 3.1.1.1 any reports of issues with ACRE compatibility?

3.1.1.1 hotfix just fixes a crash on OS X, ACRE2 plugin should remain fully compatible (no API changes were made).

16 hours ago, snippers said:

Re-Headset lowering - that is true it does reduce the sound of incoming radio traffic significantly it's intended as an option when the radio becomes overwhelming and you need to focus on talking with those around you. The spectator stuff only applies when the spectator mode is active. Anyone with spectator mode active can hear all other spectators at a constant volume - This headset lowering keybind doubles up as an option to mute them. As you can also hear people talking on direct speech from the camera viewpoint.

Re-hearing players out of game - This typically tends to be a niché request for small communities. It seems the vast amount of ACRE2 users tend to play without wanting those out of game to disrupt their ingame expierence. I can understand that this can be desirable for small amounts of players/mission-testing type setups. However ultimately it doesn't seem like it is worth the time invested to make it happen. The project is open-source so someone could potentially implement this as a toggle-able feature.

There are options to adjust the volume of Teamspeak in game that aren't so obvious that may help. Escape -> Settings -> Game -> configure Addons. The pre-mix and post-mix volume sliders can be used to adjust the Teamspeak volume.

Could you expand a bit further by detailing what you expect to happen re-sidetone?

Thanks for the reply!  I appreciate your taking the time.

I had a feeling that was the case with the hearing spectators from within the mission, especially once I noticed that TFAR required the use of an alternate TS3 plugin for that purpose, thus more or less confirming my thought that it was related to that.  Completely understandable. 

My understanding of sidetone is that when you speak, you can hear yourself doing so through the headset/speaker.  Like landline phones and some audio chat apps.  Many higher end radios provide the option, the selection of which is emulated in the mod.   But when I have it enabled, there is no difference that I can hear.  Note: I currently have the radios set as full-duplex until my guys get more used to using them... could it be related to that?

Thanks again,

-Doc

EDIT: Oh, and the audio question ... do either of those volume controls affect *only* the mic opening and closing sounds?  That's all I need to be able to do.

2 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

Thanks for the reply!  I appreciate your taking the time.

I had a feeling that was the case with the hearing spectators from within the mission, especially once I noticed that TFAR required the use of an alternate TS3 plugin for that purpose, thus more or less confirming my thought that it was related to that.  Completely understandable. 

My understanding of sidetone is that when you speak, you can hear yourself doing so through the headset/speaker.  Like landline phones and some audio chat apps.  Many higher end radios provide the option, the selection of which is emulated in the mod.   But when I have it enabled, there is no difference that I can hear.  Note: I currently have the radios set as full-duplex until my guys get more used to using them... could it be related to that?

Thanks again,

-Doc

EDIT: Oh, and the audio question ... do either of those volume controls affect *only* the mic opening and closing sounds?  That's all I need to be able to do.

Also I found to make the most of the ACRE features in spectator mode use the ACE Spectator mode. The Bohemia End Game Spectator mode it doesn't work.

Can anyone confirm that ACRE2 is compatible with TS 3.1.1.1 and A3 RC 1.68?

Because this evening A3 crashed x3 on us. We then stopped using ACRE2 and had no crashes since.

So coincidence? Or should we roll-back?

Which would be a real shame because ACRE2 was working beautifully.

It really is a game-changing mod.

Hi guys,

I have 2 questions :

1. There is no auto-switch on teamspeak to the channel ACRE2 ?

2. Got a problem tonight when activating the speaker of my AN/PRC152, people around can heard the comms, but not me. Known bug or only an issue due to the mission ?

18 hours ago, rekkless said:

Also I found to make the most of the ACRE features in spectator mode use the ACE Spectator mode. The Bohemia End Game Spectator mode it doesn't work.

That is because ACE Spectator sets variables for ACRE compatibility properly, BI's spectator of course doesn't.

43 minutes ago, domokun said:

Can anyone confirm that ACRE2 is compatible with TS 3.1.1.1 and A3 RC 1.68?

Because this evening A3 crashed x3 on us. We then stopped using ACRE2 and had no crashes since.

So coincidence? Or should we roll-back?

Which would be a real shame because ACRE2 was working beautifully.

It really is a game-changing mod.

No problems here. Since you are using RC 1.68 that could very well be the problem. If you have logs, do make an issue on our issue tracker on GitHub - note that it is known that a big amount of mods likely crashes the game, and is often pointed to ACRE2.

1 minute ago, ShiftyFR said:

Hi guys,

I have 2 questions :

1. There is no auto-switch on teamspeak to the channel ACRE2 ?

2. Got a problem tonight when activating the speaker of my AN/PRC152, people around can heard the comms, but not me. Known bug or only an issue due to the mission ?

1. Correct (at least not yet ;) ).

2. Known bug with loading, restarting the game will fix it, there is currently no other workaround. If you have logs (RPT and logs/acre_dll.log) it would be very helpful if you attach them here.

21 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

No. Although I like the idea myself, so I might look at it someday.

43 minutes ago, jonpas said:

2. Known bug with loading, restarting the game will fix it, there is currently no other workaround. If you have logs (RPT and logs/acre_dll.log) it would be very helpful if you attach them here.

Will do it tomorrow !

Can anyone tell me if they have had a strange bug where you can't hear any players the first time I login or run a mission. From all accounts everyone can hear me, but I can't hear them or transmit over the radio. As soon as I disconnect and restart the game it work perfectly fine 2nd time around. It doesn't seem to matter what mods we are running or the mission. I have tried reloading and disabling and reenabling the plugin. I've tried deleting the plug in and letting ACRE install itself again. I've tried deleting ACRE and its plugin, redownloading the mod and installing the plugin again. 

Nothing seems to fix it.

3 hours ago, rekkless said:

Can anyone tell me if they have had a strange bug where you can't hear any players the first time I login or run a mission. From all accounts everyone can hear me, but I can't hear them or transmit over the radio. As soon as I disconnect and restart the game it work perfectly fine 2nd time around. It doesn't seem to matter what mods we are running or the mission. I have tried reloading and disabling and reenabling the plugin. I've tried deleting the plug in and letting ACRE install itself again. I've tried deleting ACRE and its plugin, redownloading the mod and installing the plugin again. 

Nothing seems to fix it.

This is sadly a known bug. It would be very helpful to attach the RPG and logs/acre_dll.log on the GitHub issue ticket.

14 hours ago, jonpas said:

I check the link, but my problem is not with direct speech, only when putting my PRC152 in speaker, I can't heard the comms comming, but people around can. And when turning off the speaker, can heard again my correspondant. Btw, where is located logs/acre_dll.log ?

3 minutes ago, ShiftyFR said:

I check the link, but my problem is not with direct speech, only when putting my PRC152 in speaker, I can't heard the comms comming, but people around can. And when turning off the speaker, can heard again my correspondant. Btw, where is located logs/acre_dll.log ?

Same thing happens to me. I haven't heard anything over speakers I figured it didn't work now.

3 minutes ago, rekkless said:

Same thing happens to me. I haven't heard anything over speakers I figured it didn't work now.

And people around you can heard the comms ? Was working before the update.

21 hours ago, jonpas said:

We appreciate that, thank you.     We're currently holding off on the switch from TFAR due to this, as small of an issue as it is.  One our our guys' sound setup on his computer makes the mic-closing click particularly jarring for him at it's default volume relative to other sounds, so I'm still trying to think of a solution in the mean time.

-Doc

Hey Guys, i just have a problem since the last 2 days.

After i configured my frequenzy on the 117 my game is crashing every time. Just Saysing ArmA3 stoped working.

Using the latest ACRE2 Version and CBA Version.

Used the same Repository like all my other mates with same download they dont have this problem.

acre_dll.log : http://pastebin.com/GGFvw8c0

RPT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9mwi5qe8jgm27k/arma3_2017-02-23_21-33-10.rpt?dl=0

RPT2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvfzv5l1i5jsto2/arma3_2017-02-23_19-28-40.rpt?dl=0

and 2nd thing that we find out today also with the 117

Some People had a . in the frequenzy settings and some others a , so there are problems with setting it right up.Also some guys didnt hear the biep sound when u start to use the radio  If you need the log or rpt for this also i will look if i get those from my mates.

Cheers

16 hours ago, ShiftyFR said:

And people around you can heard the comms ? Was working before the update.

Im not sure I didn't try it for long, next time we play I'll check it out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frostie12345 said:

Hey Guys, i just have a problem since the last 2 days.

After i configured my frequenzy on the 117 my game is crashing every time. Just Saysing ArmA3 stoped working.

Using the latest ACRE2 Version and CBA Version.

Used the same Repository like all my other mates with same download they dont have this problem.

acre_dll.log : http://pastebin.com/GGFvw8c0

RPT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9mwi5qe8jgm27k/arma3_2017-02-23_21-33-10.rpt?dl=0

RPT2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvfzv5l1i5jsto2/arma3_2017-02-23_19-28-40.rpt?dl=0

Some People had a . in the frequenzy settings and some others a , so there are problems with setting it right up.Also some guys didnt hear the biep sound when u start to use the radio  If you need the log or rpt for this also i will look if i get those from my mates.

Cheers

Thanks for the RPTs. Can the same be reproduced by using CBA + ACRE2 (+ optionally ACE3) alone? If not, It would be helpful to determine which mods are causing the conflict so that it can be further investigated. It would be also useful if you open an issue in the github tracker. It is easier to keep things organised in that way than keeping several issue posts here in the forums :)

Cheers

We also are waiting for some stability improvements before switching from TFAR to ACRE for good (or getting back to ACRE since we were on it on ArmA II). 

For most of the problems I can read here, old tip to solve : put the radio on the ground and put it back in your inventory, works like a charm 90% of time (except the speaker issue and some erratic transmissions close distance).

10 hours ago, GSRI_Calden said:

We also are waiting for some stability improvements before switching from TFAR to ACRE for good (or getting back to ACRE since we were on it on ArmA II). 

For most of the problems I can read here, old tip to solve : put the radio on the ground and put it back in your inventory, works like a charm 90% of time (except the speaker issue and some erratic transmissions close distance).

ACRE is fully stable for us. The only problems arise with a very high amount of mods, and that will happen with any mods, not just ACRE2.

Transmissions on close distance is not an issue, it's a simulation. In rela life on very short distance radios cannot receive each other's signal.

20 hours ago, frostie12345 said:

As answered on GitHub, comma or a dot it doesn't matter, it's just the display. Why do you think that is a problem? Yes, logs necessary for the beep sound, however it is most likely due to wrong configuration or server not allowing b64 files or similar.

On 2/22/2017 at 4:01 PM, jonpas said:

Hello.   Another thing I noticed last night that might be along the same lines when you look into it: The mic clicks play in both ears, even if the radio is set to left or right only.  I don't know what the behavior is IRL, but it would seem that all radio related sounds would be in one ear in the game if the option is set that way.  (Or maybe it's a TS3 setting that handles those sounds?)

Thanks,

-Doc

Hi guys, excellent mod! ACRE is the difference between playing arma and being in arma.

I have some questions though:

1) In the mission editor I only get 2 modules, basic settings and channel names. There is no difficulty settings module although I can copy the one out of the example missions and paste it into other missions.

2)In testing the radio ranges I found that the 148, 152, and 117F all have ranges of less than 600m with clear LOS. I must be doing something wrong. Are there supposed to be antennas to attach to the radios? I can't find them anywhere, maybe it's related to the missing module(s). 

I got acre2 first from armaholic and now from the link from this thread. They both have the same issue.

27 minutes ago, runny said:

1) In the mission editor I only get 2 modules, basic settings and channel names. There is no difficulty settings module although I can copy the one out of the example missions and paste it into other missions.

I can only answer to that one, and would like someone to confirm this: When in the editor, ctrl-alt-s will bring up the CBA settings dialog which is now how the difficulty options are set.  

The documentation is a bit behind at the moment since there are so many awesome new updates to the mod.  This is one of them.

-Doc

19 minutes ago, doc. caliban said:

I can only answer to that one, and would like someone to confirm this: When in the editor, ctrl-alt-s will bring up the CBA settings dialog which is now how the difficulty options are set.  

The documentation is a bit behind at the moment since there are so many awesome new updates to the mod.  This is one of them.

-Doc

That's another oddity.. it's hit and miss if I even get the CBA settings dialog to show up at all. Much of the time the addons button is greyed out or gone completely, it varies without even restarting the game. I'm CBA v3.1.2

I did try ctrl-alt-s in the editor and it worked, then I loaded the mission I was working on and it didn't work anymore.. Weird stuff man.

Edit: Tried with CBA 3.2 and nothing changed.