ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

23 hours ago, magnetar said:

Open in the 3Deditor the CBA settings (Ctrl-Alt-S). In there go to the Mission tab and force those settings that you specifically want. You can find more information on CBA settings on the CBA wiki.

Is there anything more permanent we can put into our mission framework that sets the difficulty settings? Having to get each mission maker to adjust the setting everytime they make a mission will probably only serve to have inconsistent results. If there is a line of code or something we can put into our init or something that will standardize it across the missions that would be good.

Also we played our first full operation last night with ACRE and all went pretty well. However I noticed when I was killed the CTRL+Shift+down feature to chat with the other spectators didn't work. We were using the EndGame Spectator function are we better off using the ACE spectator mode?

Hi all. Acre2 is crashing my game and I'd appreciate help on this.

Event viewer is explicitly pointing towards acre.dll. Here is the event viewer log entry:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 1.66.139.586, time stamp: 0x5847dbb3
Faulting module name: acre.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58443f4b
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000ec528
Faulting process id: 0xf74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d28a9ea796fa38
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\cnto\@acre2\acre.dll
Report Id: f22d082e-3d06-40e9-8769-e360b1bb60e5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Here is report file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqgVT4o86VaQlH9K8Qdt3bbFdlQt

What I did is:

1. I was working in Eden editor, clicked preview.

2. Game showed up ok and I clicked return to Eden.

3. Done some changes and clicked preview again.

4. Game crashes.

49 minutes ago, tomhighway said:

Hi all. Acre2 is crashing my game and I'd appreciate help on this.

Event viewer is explicitly pointing towards acre.dll. Here is the event viewer log entry:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 1.66.139.586, time stamp: 0x5847dbb3
Faulting module name: acre.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58443f4b
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000ec528
Faulting process id: 0xf74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d28a9ea796fa38
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\cnto\@acre2\acre.dll
Report Id: f22d082e-3d06-40e9-8769-e360b1bb60e5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Here is report file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqgVT4o86VaQlH9K8Qdt3bbFdlQt

What I did is:

1. I was working in Eden editor, clicked preview.

2. Game showed up ok and I clicked return to Eden.

3. Done some changes and clicked preview again.

4. Game crashes.

Hi, I would like to point out that the new version of ACRE 2 is 2.4.0.942 and not 2.3.0. Does the same happen only with CBA and ACRE (and maybe together with ACE)?

19 hours ago, rekkless said:

Is there anything more permanent we can put into our mission framework that sets the difficulty settings? Having to get each mission maker to adjust the setting everytime they make a mission will probably only serve to have inconsistent results. If there is a line of code or something we can put into our init or something that will standardize it across the missions that would be good.

Also we played our first full operation last night with ACRE and all went pretty well. However I noticed when I was killed the CTRL+Shift+down feature to chat with the other spectators didn't work. We were using the EndGame Spectator function are we better off using the ACE spectator mode?

Mission settings set in Eden are saved in mission.sqm. You can use presets too or have a PBO distributed in your modpack with standard setting. Or server userconfig.

You are probably better off using ACE Spectator, I know spectator-to-spectator chat works with it completely fine. Never used BI Spectator though, so can't say for sure.

13 hours ago, jonpas said:

Mission settings set in Eden are saved in mission.sqm. You can use presets too or have a PBO distributed in your modpack with standard setting. Or server userconfig.

You are probably better off using ACE Spectator, I know spectator-to-spectator chat works with it completely fine. Never used BI Spectator though, so can't say for sure.

Cheers bud, I just edited a basic mission and used the ACE spectator mode and it works fine. It also allows for proximity chat to still work which is amazing.

If I'm honest I don't like the overall interface of the ACE spectator as much as the BI Spectator but the functionality with ACRE makes it now a must have. Thanks for your help.

What happened to the version of acre that didn't require teamspeak? Wasn't there a version that worked over ingame VOIP?

2 hours ago, WastedMike1 said:

What happened to the version of acre that didn't require teamspeak? Wasn't there a version that worked over ingame VOIP?

There was never a version that worked with ingame VOIP and that will probably never happen.

There was a version that didn't require teamspeak but used a seperate tool we made called JVON. JVON has been permanently placed on hold, who knows what the future will bring but I think it is unlikely it will appear again for Arma 3.

Sorry for this dummy question but it is quite hard for me to make MP tests right now and your knowledge might helps me alot. 

I wish to use ACRE (without ACE) and I will need the inconscious players to be able to continue speaking with the others alive. Do I need to tweak something or are the incapacited players still able to speak/use their radios? 

Thanks for your help

3 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Sorry for this dummy question but it is quite hard for me to make MP tests right now and your knowledge might helps me alot. 

I wish to use ACRE (without ACE) and I will need the inconscious players to be able to continue speaking with the others alive. Do I need to tweak something or are the incapacited players still able to speak/use their radios? 

Thanks for your help

I assume you mean unconscious, in which case it depends on the system you are using for unconsciousness. ACE3's medical system will prevent unconscious players from speaking in ACRE2. As for other systems, it depends whether they added support for this or not. I imagine if you are using vanilla stuff they should be able to talk on direct speech.

• Like 1

Just now, snippers said:

I assume you mean unconscious, in which case it depends on the system you are using for unconsciousness. ACE3's medical system will prevent unconscious players from speaking in ACRE2. As for other systems, it depends whether they added support for this or not. I imagine if you are using vanilla stuff they should be able to talk on direct speech.

Yep right, sorry for the typo. 

I'm using vanilla content, so it answers my question. 

Thanks!

here you go guys a video I made covering everything to do with ACRE 2 (at least what I'm aware of it anyway for functionality from a users perspective) 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, rekkless said:

here you go guys a video I made covering everything to do with ACRE 2 (at least what I'm aware of it anyway for functionality from a users perspective) 

You forgot the SEM52-SL... :down::down::down::down::down::down:

Jokes apart. Nice summary!

16 minutes ago, Shifty.FR said:

Hi all, when doing ctrl+alt+S in the editor, i haven't any option for ACRE :/

I am not sure what you mean. In the editor itself that button has no function. If you are loaded in, then it should show "Headset raised" or "Headset lowered" (or toggle mute other spectators if you are in spectator).

On 14/02/2017 at 3:04 PM, magnetar said:

you can access cba settings (and thus difficulty settings) in the 3Deditor (Ctrl-Alt-S) and force difficulty settings per mission or leave them server side. You can find more information on CBA settings on the CBA wiki.

@Shifty.FR Hmm, odd indeed that you are not seeing any ACRE related options in CBA settings. Are you using latest acre stable (v2.4.0.942) and also launching the game with at least CBA + ACRE2?

Ah my bad, you can also go to Options -> Game to access the same menu (and then Configure Addons). If it's not showing you must not have CBA loaded (in which case nothing else should work either really).

Yes of course. Some time I have access to it, some time it's only showing client side difficulty (chere you can activated TPS, ect...).

By the way, is it possible to create a config file to force ACRE settings in all mission launch on the server ? (Like ACE and there serverconfig.cpp)

On 2/16/2017 at 10:46 AM, snippers said:

It should! I will say that we haven't done any large scale testing ourselves yet.

ACRE2 v2.4.0 is compatible with Teamspeak 3.1.1

ACRE2 v2.4.0 is compatible with Teamspeak  3.1.1. ACRE2 will attempt to auto-copy on game launch - Trying starting the game and restarting teamspeak after the game has launched. If you still have issue you are probably experiencing a bug it would be good to report that either on our github or just us on our slack with as much information as possible.

Thanks for the advice. Usually I run TS3 before A3 becausing ALT-tabbing out of A3 is a recipe for disaster. However this time, I ran A3 with ACRE2, without running TS3. I was then greeted with a lovely prompt that informed me that ACRE2 had updated my TS3 plugin. I then quit out of steam, re-run TS3 and then A3. Everything now seems tickety-boo!

Hello!

Our team is new to ACRE2, and as the mission maker, I have a question regarding the "Mute Players" option in the CBA ACRE2 options in Eden. (CTRL-ALT-S)

I understand that, by design, players not in the mission (dead folks in the lobby, for instance) cannot be heard by the players in the mission.  However, it is actually problematic for us to not be able to communicate with those people.

We don't use a perma-death system, and in the time between a player dying and respawning we'd still like to be able to communicate with them.  For example, someone dies and wants to take the opportunity to take a quick break AFK... I'd like for them to simply be able to tell me that via the radio.)

There appear to be a couple of features that I think are designed to allow people the flexibility of making their own decision about that feature.  I have a couple of questions regarding those.

In the mission editor options for ACRE2, there is a checkbox for "Unmute Players".  What, exactly, does this feature toggle?  I tried checking it in the mission settings but it did not seem to affect that issue.  What does that option actually do?

EDIT: Found this farther up in the thread, so it seems this option is not a solution for us:

ACRE tends to mute players that are far ingame (This saves bandwidth as the TS server doesn't send you voice data for muted clients). If people tend to leave midgame there's a good chance they will remain locally muted. What this setting does is if you the ACRE2 plugin loaded it will automatically unmute anyone that joins your channel on teamspeak or when you move channels.

I also saw that the CTRL-SHFT-Down keycombo does two thing: Lowers the headset, and allows you to hear the dead players.  I have not been able to test this yet, but based on that description it makes it sound as though lowering the headset will decrease the radio volume as though the headset were around your neck, and allow *only that player* to be able to hear the dead players.  Is that correct?  So if the headset is raised, that player can no longer hear the dead players?

We know of plenty of workarounds  for this, but all of them have one limitation or another, so I'm not looking for that kind of info.  ACRE2 offers options for adjusting all of the key realism/difficulty features such as interference, LOS signal loss, etc., so I'm simply wondering if it also offers a way to speak with dead players, and if so, how.  Or to put it another way; I'm looking for an ACRE-based solution instead of an external workaround.

So far we really like the mod and are wanting to use it instead of TFAR, but this is one of the potential deal breakers for us.  Being a software tester by profession, I love it when developers don't force their way of thinking down their user's throats, and I applaud the ACRE2 team for offering the configuration options that they do.  Well done!

EDIT:  Well, shoot.  It looks like not being able to talk to people outside of the game is a forced feature.  Seems odd for a mod that allows the modification / disabling of almost all of it's core, A-List features, so my guess is that it's not the contradiction of philosophy that it appears to be.  More likely there's a major factor in how the plugin works that makes it too difficult to make the feature optional, so it simply isn't.  That's fair.  The team clearly wants the mod to be as customizable as possible and has made it so as much as they can.  It wouldn't make any sense to say, "We want the community to be able to use the mod exactly as they'd like to, so here's how to modify all of these features.  Except this one."  :-)

Might as well ask this while I'm here: On a much smaller note, is there a way via the mod or TS3 to lower the volume of the "mic sounds" when transmissions start and stop?  One of my guys has an audio setup that makes the end-of-transmission sound pretty jarring.  If we could simply decrease the relative volume of those sound affects, that would be perfect.  If we have to "engineer" our own way of doing that, I'd thought of unpacking the sounds pbo, editing that file to lower it's volume level, then repacking the pbo, but I assume it would fail to load due to the key not being correct any longer.  Would it work if all of us simply deleted the key for that pbo and used the modified sound pbo without a corresponding key?  Just a thought.

EDIT: I keep seeing reference to adjusting this volume via the sound pack volume slider in the TS3 client.  I'm using 3.1.1 and that slider seems to have zero impact on the volume of the "mic clicking" sounds.  I'm guessing that since the sounds are in the mod and not the TS3 soundpack, this volume slider does not affect them.  Interestingly, the Windows volume mixer slider for TS3 does, so the sounds are associated with TS3, but the app can't control their volume.

Thanks,

-Doc

6 hours ago, Shifty.FR said:

Hi all, when doing ctrl+alt+S in the editor, i haven't any option for ACRE :/

I've had this happen from time to time.  Exiting Eden and then reloading it always fixes that for me.  I'm not sure why access to those options goes away sometimes.

Sidetone: Does the feature work?   I've enabled it on the radio but I still don't hear the feature when I'm transmitting.  I assumed it works since it's an option that can be selected, but maybe the functionality isn't implemented yet?

Thanks,

-Doc

12 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

I also saw that the CTRL-SHFT-Down keycombo does two thing: Lowers the headset, and allows you to hear the dead players.  I have not been able to test this yet, but based on that description it makes it sound as though lowering the headset will decrease the radio volume as though the headset were around your neck, and allow *only that player* to be able to hear the dead players.  Is that correct?  So if the headset is raised, that player can no longer hear the dead players?

We know of plenty of workarounds  for this, but all of them have one limitation or another, so I'm not looking for that kind of info.  ACRE2 offers options for adjusting all of the key realism/difficulty features such as interference, LOS signal loss, etc., so I'm simply wondering if it also offers a way to speak with dead players, and if so, how.  Or to put it another way; I'm looking for an ACRE-based solution instead of an external workaround.

So far we really like the mod and are wanting to use it instead of TFAR, but this is one of the potential deal breakers for us.  Being a software tester by profession, I love it when developers don't force their way of thinking down their user's throats, and I applaud the ACRE2 team for offering the configuration options that they do.  Well done!

EDIT:  Well, shoot.  It looks like not being able to talk to people outside of the game is a forced feature.  Seems odd for a mod that allows the modification / disabling of almost all of it's core, A-List features, so my guess is that it's not the contradiction of philosophy that it appears to be.  More likely there's a major factor in how the plugin works that makes it too difficult to make the feature optional, so it simply isn't.  That's fair.  The team clearly wants the mod to be as customizable as possible and has made it so as much as they can.  It wouldn't make any sense to say, "We want the community to be able to use the mod exactly as they'd like to, so here's how to modify all of these features.  Except this one."  :-)

Might as well ask this while I'm here: On a much smaller note, is there a way via the mod or TS3 to lower the volume of the "mic sounds" when transmissions start and stop?  One of my guys has an audio setup that makes the end-of-transmission sound pretty jarring.  If we could simply decrease the relative volume of those sound affects, that would be perfect.  If we have to "engineer" our own way of doing that, I'd thought of unpacking the sounds pbo, editing that file to lower it's volume level, then repacking the pbo, but I assume it would fail to load due to the key not being correct any longer.  Would it work if all of us simply deleted the key for that pbo and used the modified sound pbo without a corresponding key?  Just a thought.

Re-Headset lowering - that is true it does reduce the sound of incoming radio traffic significantly it's intended as an option when the radio becomes overwhelming and you need to focus on talking with those around you. The spectator stuff only applies when the spectator mode is active. Anyone with spectator mode active can hear all other spectators at a constant volume - This headset lowering keybind doubles up as an option to mute them. As you can also hear people talking on direct speech from the camera viewpoint.

Re-hearing players out of game - This typically tends to be a niché request for small communities. It seems the vast amount of ACRE2 users tend to play without wanting those out of game to disrupt their ingame expierence. I can understand that this can be desirable for small amounts of players/mission-testing type setups. However ultimately it doesn't seem like it is worth the time invested to make it happen. The project is open-source so someone could potentially implement this as a toggle-able feature.

There are options to adjust the volume of Teamspeak in game that aren't so obvious that may help. Escape -> Settings -> Game -> configure Addons. The pre-mix and post-mix volume sliders can be used to adjust the Teamspeak volume.

10 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

Sidetone: Does the feature work?   I've enabled it on the radio but I still don't hear the feature when I'm transmitting.  I assumed it works since it's an option that can be selected, but maybe the functionality isn't implemented yet?

Could you expand a bit further by detailing what you expect to happen re-sidetone?

TS just got updated to version 3.1.1.1 any reports of issues with ACRE compatibility?