ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Does someone have a similar message in theit server rpt?

setRevealToAi on non-clients will be fixed in the next release. If you wish to not have the issue in the meanwhile, surround that code block with:

if (hasInterface) then  { 
}

The babel and radio signal simulation settings are all client side (but it is not intended for them to error on the server so it will be fixed). If you are editing radio preset data that also needs to occur on the server.

I have seen a few servers using the next dev version, is it downloadable freely somewhere so others can support with testing or is it only given to selected communities?

Is there any known issue with Linux dedicated servers ? I installed it on ours, the server starts up correctly and all, it even appears in the server overview in Arma 3, but I can't connect, I always get a "Connecting failed"... nothing in the server's log file or the client RPT

Any ideas ?

I have seen a few servers using the next dev version, is it downloadable freely somewhere so others can support with testing or is it only given to selected communities?

At present this is select communities but this will probably change in the future.

Is there any known issue with Linux dedicated servers ? I installed it on ours, the server starts up correctly and all, it even appears in the server overview in Arma 3, but I can't connect, I always get a "Connecting failed"... nothing in the server's log file or the client RPT

Any ideas ?

This sounds like the infamous linux server pbo limit (once the linux server loads enough pbos the above described behaviour will occur) - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117183 

How many are mods are you running ACRE2 in combination with?

This sounds like the infamous linux server pbo limit (once the linux server loads enough pbos the above described behaviour will occur) - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117183 

How many are mods are you running ACRE2 in combination with?

This was indeed the problem. Thanks for hint, saved me a lot of trial and error.

Quick question, if I were to try and implement my own radio for ACRE, would I be able to implement a radio with a dual watch feature, i.e listen to two frequencies at the same time?

Thanks!

Quick question, if I were to try and implement my own radio for ACRE, would I be able to implement a radio with a dual watch feature, i.e listen to two frequencies at the same time?

Thanks!

I'll get in touch with you privately as there's a lot to be said on implementing radios in ACRE.

I'm experiencing micro stutters when running certain scenarios in the editor, I've isolated the problem to ACRE and found the frequency of the stutters relate to the amount of units in the scenario.

Does ACRE have any recurring loops that run on all units, or were recently added? I didn't find these micro stutters happening before updating to the latest version of ACRE.

What is the status on the functionality of the OE-303? Wasnt it supposed to be able to have 2 radios attached to it to be a retrans?

Hello, I would really love to try your mod, but unfortunately my Arma 3 stops loading at "initializing addons". I downloaded the steam version, installed the plugins and have TS3 running.

Hello, I would really love to try your mod, but unfortunately my Arma 3 stops loading at "initializing addons". I downloaded the steam version, installed the plugins and have TS3 running.

Start ARMA as Admin

I'm experiencing micro stutters when running certain scenarios in the editor, I've isolated the problem to ACRE and found the frequency of the stutters relate to the amount of units in the scenario.

Does ACRE have any recurring loops that run on all units, or were recently added? I didn't find these micro stutters happening before updating to the latest version of ACRE.

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/105

What is the status on the functionality of the OE-303? Wasnt it supposed to be able to have 2 radios attached to it to be a retrans?

At present the OE-303 is just a static. When re transmission is implemented it will probably be revisited.

jus61 is correct:

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/94

My group seems to be encountering quite a lot of problems with the new interference with terrain in this latest update.

Is the latest version of CBA compatible with the current version of ACRE or does ACRE need to update?

Ours do too, we have decreased the signal loss effect and we have also disabled antenna direction factor. That did the trick.

My group seems to be encountering quite a lot of problems with the new interference with terrain in this latest update.

Is the latest version of CBA compatible with the current version of ACRE or does ACRE need to update?

Yes, ACRE 2.2.0 and CBA 3.0.0/3.1.0 are all compatible. Try disabling antenna direction. You can read more about signal influences at http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/signal-loss.

Yes, ACRE 2.2.0 and CBA 3.0.0/3.1.0 are all compatible. Try disabling antenna direction. You can read more about signal influences at http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/signal-loss.

Forgive my lack of scripting knowledge but the 

[true] call acre_api_fnc_ignoreAntennaDirection;

Can be put in the init.sqf right?

Yes

Is this version stable? it shows up on PWS as alpha. If so- are there any plans to add the stable version to PWS?

Yes (although you already got an answer :D).

Is this version stable? it shows up on PWS as alpha. If so- are there any plans to add the stable version to PWS?

Yes, 2.2.0.904 is stable, no idea why PWS has it marked as alpha.

Yes (although you already got an answer :D).

Yes, 2.2.0.904 is stable, no idea why PWS has it marked as alpha.

Thanks for confirming. I missed this thread and played with the older stable version on PWS for a while :P. I hope it get's labled correctly I'm sure other players missed it aswell.

Hey guys,

Looking forward to using the update :)

Just wondering,

Is there a difference between the 148, the 152 and 117f in relation to the power to tx (distances possible to bridge)?

Thank you,

Hey guys,

Looking forward to using the update :)

Just wondering,

Is there a difference between the 148, the 152 and 117f in relation to the power to tx (distances possible to bridge)?

Thank you,

By default in ACRE2 all radios start with their max TX power. The 148 and 152 radios both have a maximum output of 5W. The 117F has an maximum output of 20W. This means that using the 117F will output a stronger signal. The 117F can pretty much reach anywhere with direct line of sight. The 148/152s with direct line of sight last I checked can reach 20km. However direct line of sight at those ranges is rare to achieve but for air assets it is common.

• Like 1

Recently, my ACRE 2 has stopped making the beep/chirp when I press Capslock to send a message. I don't have outdated ACRE plugins and b64 files are allowed on the server. Anyone know what's up?

Check your "Sound Pack Volume" under Playback settings in TS3. Most common cause imho :)