ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

As far as I can see, PTT is no longer necessary. VA works quite well.

Anyone else having issues that you cant hear other people on the radio while they are right next to you?

We had this issue last night on our public server, half of the squad couldn't hear the squadleader on the 148, and he couldn't he some of us.

Also some of the squad members couldn't hear each other.

Similiar issue we had too, but we were using respawn (respawn_west on marker) and arsenal - loading set after respawn

Is some specific setup needed to make ACRE2 work for spectators? Specifically, I'd like spectators to be able to talk to each other like Teamspeak normally works, while hearing the directional speech of players. For some reason in our games all spectators are permanently muted on Teamspeak.

I know this works on eg. UnitedOperations since I also play there, but for some reason my small group doesn't enjoy the same functionality. Perhaps some things need to be set up on the mission or serverconfig for this to work? Regardless, I can't figure it out myself.

So if I read that properly ACRE listening will work with the ACE 3 Spectator mode. In order to get it to work you enable ACE 3 Spectator in the multiplayer setttings in the Eden editor and put this code in the OnPlayerDeath file

_ret = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

ACE3 spectator automatically calls the setSpectator function so you shouldn't need to do anything further to make it work.

Hmm I have a simple maybe a dumb question - it is necessary to use push to talk or voice activaction can be used? I am very lazy in this matter so VA instead of PTT would be good for me, but on last saturday mission sometimes ppl around me didnt hear me - not all just random few. We all got newest TS version and ACRE2 (with rhs and ace also newest ones on takistan)

Officially ACRE only supports push-to-talk, results with voice activation may vary.

Anyone else having issues that you cant hear other people on the radio while they are right next to you?

We had this issue last night on our public server, half of the squad couldn't hear the squadleader on the 148, and he couldn't he some of us.

Also some of the squad members couldn't hear each other.

Check out - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/signal-lossIt's possible that this is intended behaviour you may wish to disable some aspects of the radio signal simulation. There is also a possibility you have encountered a bug in which case filing a ticket on our bug tracker would be helpful http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues

Is some specific setup needed to make ACRE2 work for spectators? Specifically, I'd like spectators to be able to talk to each other like Teamspeak normally works, while hearing the directional speech of players. For some reason in our games all spectators are permanently muted on Teamspeak.

I know this works on eg. UnitedOperations since I also play there, but for some reason my small group doesn't enjoy the same functionality. Perhaps some things need to be set up on the mission or serverconfig for this to work? Regardless, I can't figure it out myself.

You need to ensure that the spectator system you are using makes a call to the ACRE api (F3/ACE3 do this automatically).

Quick question , how can i spawn a crate with ACRE radio during a mission (with the mcc or the zeus) without destroying the ID system ? 

@snippers

We didn't had this issue before, but I will try anyway with your provided link.

@snippers

We didn't had this issue before, but I will try anyway with your provided link.

if you are referring to not having the issue in the last version. The entire signal system was rewritten with a greater deal of realism (as indicated on the patchnotes). As per the wiki page though the signal system is quite customisable and you can make it less realistic if that is your desire.

Officially ACRE only supports push-to-talk, results with voice activation may vary.

Do you mean PTT for direct speech? Are there plans to support TS voice activation for direct speech in the future?

Do you mean PTT for direct speech? Are there plans to support TS voice activation for direct speech in the future?

I've been using TS voice activation for direct speech since 2013, hardly had any issues with it. Are you experiencing any issues or have you not used ACRE yet? :)

I have no radio sounds, I.E when i start transmitting on the radio, there is no beep to let me know i have actually started transmitting. Not a major gamebreaker but allows me to not have to look at the bottom corner of my screen every time to make sure i'm transmitting. Any ideas?

Am guessing, but have you copied the sound files from the acre folder to team speak ?

Am guessing, but have you copied the sound files from the acre folder to team speak ?

I may be, being dumb, but i don't see any sound files in the ACRE folder? The plugin folder that comes with the ACRE download just contains DLL files. The Extras folder just contains, a docs folder, example missions, and some VCredlist distribution. So am i missing some sound files then? 

I may be, being dumb, but i don't see any sound files in the ACRE folder? The plugin folder that comes with the ACRE download just contains DLL files. The Extras folder just contains, a docs folder, example missions, and some VCredlist distribution. So am i missing some sound files then? 

Its not task force radio. the sounds are part of the mod not part of the teamspeak plug in

I have no radio sounds, I.E when i start transmitting on the radio, there is no beep to let me know i have actually started transmitting. Not a major gamebreaker but allows me to not have to look at the bottom corner of my screen every time to make sure i'm transmitting. Any ideas?

I found the fix to this was delete any old teamspeak .dll for acre and reinstall the plug in. Might have been a one off (frankly no beeps is a deal breaker for me).

Ah ignore me then . I'm a little out of date on acre tbh

I've been using TS voice activation for direct speech since 2013, hardly had any issues with it. Are you experiencing any issues or have you not used ACRE yet? :)

So for most VA works afaik but I believe there are some edge cases where it doesn't work for everyone and is difficult to sort out, so if it works for you that's good. If not use PTT. I am not entirely sure on this but that is my understanding ( it isn't something I have touched on).

ACRE uses its own sound system for playing back sounds. If the server only allows certain files to be loaded it also needs to allow b64 files (via allowedLoadFileExtensions - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Server_Security) so this is one possability another is you have may have encountered a bug. In which case - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues is the place to go!

Edited by snippers
  • Like 1

it also needs to allow bi64 files

*b64, not bi64.

• Like 1

sometimes in game , I can't hear anyone's direct speaking or radio , any solution?

*** if you dont get the Beeps / Radio Blips. Then you need to allow the file typs as described above. HOWEVER , you must also LOCALLY HOST a MP mission... Go into 3Den and preview the mission in MP... when the mission is completely loaded test the radio ... works every time for me .. i have had to reformat the machine a few times this year...

We haven't used ACRE, yet. We are probably not going to if the official stance is that you need PTT just to speak to the man 1m away from you.

So for most VA works afaik but I believe there are some edge cases where it doesn't work for everyone and is difficult to sort out, so if it works for you that's good. If not use PTT. I am not entirely sure on this but that is my understanding ( it isn't something I have touched on).

Are there plans to look into it? No VA support is kind of a dealbreaker for us. It works fine with literally every other software (such as Teamspeak itself, for example). Thank you for your time.

sometimes in game , I can't hear anyone's direct speaking or radio , any solution?

This sounds like you are experiencing a bug. Please make a proper bug report on our tracker - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues

We haven't used ACRE, yet. We are probably not going to if the official stance is that you need PTT just to speak to the man 1m away from you.

Are there plans to look into it? No VA support is kind of a dealbreaker for us. It works fine with literally every other software (such as Teamspeak itself, for example). Thank you for your time.

As stated for a lot of folks it works just fine. Make sure "ptt with voice activation" is not checked. (Under settings->Capture->Advanced options). Playing with the settings should generally make it work.

As stated for a lot of folks it works just fine. Make sure "ptt with voice activation" is not checked. (Under settings->Capture->Advanced options). Playing with the settings should generally make it work.

Okay, thank you for taking the time to respond to this issue that apparently only affects a small number of people. When we run the next trial mission on ACRE, I'll be sure to mention your advice and give you feedback should anything not work as expected.