ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Quick question, is there a way to turn off ACRE auto muting people not playing Arma?

Hi gatehead, thanks for the detailed report. Certainly helps! I have never heard of this happening which is really strange. My gut is telling me this is something to do with the dlls hanging which is really weird. This doesn't seem normal at all, does this issue persist even after a full PC restart?

Hi Snippers,

I have rebooted a few times now, yes.

Is there any other logs or sources of information you can think of that would make finding out what is going on easier?

Happy to read through them thoroughly myself to get an idea, I just dont know what else would help diagnose.

Thanks 

Me and my unit can't seem to get ACRE to work.

We downloaded the non-workshop version, put the plugins in teamspeak and everything... (Then we tried to do the same with the workshop version, but we had to transfer the plugins ourselves)

Teamspeak recognizes ACRE, correct version, shows up as connected in the game and Teamspeak confirms that ACRE is connected in Arma.

But for some reason nothing happens when we go to transmit.

We've all got the radios on us.

One thing I noticed is that when I opened up the radio interface, I couldn't really interact with the radio.

Sadly we didn't get that far into tinkering due to signoffs, so we only tried it with 343, and never got around to checking the ace self interaction menues.

I'm fairly certain we did something wrong but, figured I'd ask anyways.

Look forwards to getting it working, ACRE has always been the best comms, and the work you all do is incredible!

Me and my unit can't seem to get ACRE to work.

Provide RPT and anything else you possibly can, then we can help you.

I'm currently wondering, what "- [Improved] Unmute clients on teamspeak when acre is not connected (on channel switch). This setting can be toggled in the teamspeak plugin settings." is actually supposed to mean.

It definitely doesn't mean that if I'm connected with acre that I can hear people who aren't.

If you are playing a "virtual zeus" unit, it is in fact moving with the camera. And since it is right where the camera is, it should also be able to hear and speak from that position.

If you are playing a real unit (as in a solider, not just a bodiless entity) the actual "You" stays, while the camera moves. Two zeuses playing real units and standing next to one another would still be able to talk.

If it were true that the unit moves with the camera the behaviour would be the same as in TFAR. ACRE uses the player position for direct speech (unless spectator mode is active in which case it uses the camera). Just did a simple test with a virtual zeus unit and 'getPos player' remains constant as I move the camera around.

Quick question, is there a way to turn off ACRE auto muting people not playing Arma?

Nope, it's a feature. If you wish to talk with people out of game simply disable your plugin and make sure they have it disabled too.

I'm currently wondering, what "- [improved] Unmute clients on teamspeak when acre is not connected (on channel switch). This setting can be toggled in the teamspeak plugin settings." is actually supposed to mean.

It definitely doesn't mean that if I'm connected with acre that I can hear people who aren't.

ACRE tends to mute players that are far ingame (This saves bandwidth as the TS server doesn't send you voice data for muted clients). If people tend to leave midgame there's a good chance they will remain locally muted. What this setting does is if you the ACRE2 plugin loaded it will automatically unmute anyone that joins your channel on teamspeak or when you move channels.

----

Just a reminder our ticket tracker is here - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issuesYou are best off filing bug reports there. Including RPTs/description and mission files goes a long way in helping us!

Just did a simple test with a virtual zeus unit and 'getPos player' remains constant as I move the camera around.

Uh, okay? I have never done it without any mods. Maybe this is not vanilla behaviour?

https://youtu.be/mdo6fcIV5QQ

Edit: Yea, looks like this is actually a TFAR feature. I never knew. 

Edit 2: That's cool then. The movement can easily be scripted on mission level I guess.

Prior to the Zeus implementation I just set myself as spectator when I was in Zeus as the position is based on  'cameraview' rather than my unit, can't a similar check just be put in place if the player is zeus?

Good and bad news.

I was able to get the game running by killing pretty much everything on my system, unplugging everything and stopping a lot of services.

14:25:19 Warning: 155030 ms spent in callExtension calling name: "acre", function: "init:"

Doing Isolation tests I believe its related to my eye tracker "eyeX" by Tobii, fully disabling it and all vjoy joysticks allows me to get down to a regular boot time.
This is a stand alone 3d camera that is almost like a Track IR.

Interesting. EyeX by Tobii on my system, too. 

Testing incoming. 

question:

"It now evaluates many possible radio signal pathways as well as directional antenna patterns"

can you specify that? does it mean, i have to change my heading/direction, to get a better radio connection.

like facing west, while the reciever is standing west of me?

question:

"It now evaluates many possible radio signal pathways as well as directional antenna patterns"

can you specify that? does it mean, i have to change my heading/direction, to get a better radio connection.

like facing west, while the reciever is standing west of me?

I'd recommend giving this ACRE2 wiki page a bit of a read on how the signal system works (the model can be customised to a degree as well)- http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/signal-loss

In principle the direction matters but the antennas in use are pretty good at radiating in every direction. What tends to cause signal loss is when there is a height difference between yourself and another person with the radio (assuming everyone is standing up). Particularly if they are directly above/below you.

ask some questions

1.dead player can talk?

2.can the player already dead can heard the players still alive talking through spectator? 
thanks  :)

ask some questions

1.dead player can talk?

2.can the player already dead can heard the players still alive talking through spectator? 

thanks  :)

This feature requires using a mission/spectator system that uses the ACRE2 setSpectator function - http://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_general.html#acre_api_fnc_setSpectator

The ACE3/F3 spectator systems do this. The vanilla (endgame) spectator does not.

@snippers : if you call you spectator module in OnPlayerKilled.sqf with :

["Initialize", [player, [], true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;
_ret = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

Should work ?

["Initialize", [player, [], true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

Should work ?

I am not too familiar with EG spectator, but that looks fine to me.

Good and bad news.

I was able to get the game running by killing pretty much everything on my system, unplugging everything and stopping a lot of services.

14:25:19 Warning: 155030 ms spent in callExtension calling name: "acre", function: "init:"

Doing Isolation tests I believe its related to my eye tracker "eyeX" by Tobii, fully disabling it and all vjoy joysticks allows me to get down to a regular boot time.
This is a stand alone 3d camera that is almost like a Track IR.

Can confirm I had the same problem with ACRE and I also have a Tobii Eye Tracker. It's even disabled in my Windows by default, but I had to Quit it completely to make ArmA work again.

Thanks for the fix!

14:29:48 Unable to get file version size: D:\Spel\ArmA3_Addons\@acre2\acre.dll

14:29:48 Unable to get file version size: D:\Spel\ArmA3_Addons\@acre2\acre.dll

From my understanding this part is fine, i'm seeing it in every rpt including verified working ones.

Glad we worked out it was the eyex tracker.

Developers: If you have a magic version of the mod that generates a verbose diagnostic log i'm happy to run it for you.

So my guess (and Jaynus is backing me up on this guess as well) is that our code that searches for open PBO files in the Arma process, to try and figure out what PBOs we need to index so we can load files from them is conflicting with the code in the EyeX software, which is most likely hooking the ntdll.dll file Windows uses. Our calls into ntdll (which are kinda funky since Microsoft doesn't export the functions we need, because who would ever want to investigate what file handles are open in the process they are in right?!) are most likely then hanging up and dying in there.

I am not sure what the best way to fix this would be (short of BI giving us a list of mod folders or pbos). We might possibly be able to skip the Tobii file handles if it is NOT what I described above, and it is just some weird hangup when querying the device itself, but we'll have to see.

Should work ?

El Tyranos I too am very interested in seeing if I can get listening to work in the EG spectator mode. once quick question though with the script you have above. What is with all the true comments? the script I use and the one off the BIS Wiki is:

["Initialize", [player, [], true]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

What is with all the extra true comments in your script for???

This feature requires using a mission/spectator system that uses the ACRE2 setSpectator function - http://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_general.html#acre_api_fnc_setSpectator

The ACE3/F3 spectator systems do this. The vanilla (endgame) spectator does not.

So if I read that properly ACRE listening will work with the ACE 3 Spectator mode. In order to get it to work you enable ACE 3 Spectator in the multiplayer setttings in the Eden editor and put this code in the OnPlayerDeath file

There sure are a lot of 'possibilities' for better zeus tools. I can imagine some users wanting to be able to hear players from the zeus camera as you mention (to be technically correct it the zeus entity remains in place, it is the camera that moves) and others may not want this. I can also see some wanting the ability to communicate from zeus to zeus to coordinate (which can be achieved by having two zeues next each other and talking on direct as long as they dont remote control units). The reality is there are several desirable usecases here. The proper way to make everyone happy is to allow the zeuses to decide themselves. There's quite a time cost in developing a system to handle all these cases and we may look into this a later point but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Sure I can understand. It is your mod and you can include or not include what you like. I also understand ACRE is more focused on Hard Core military groups and operations and isn't really intended for casual gameplay. Nor that features I suggested are enabled with the simple click of a button. I am really just pointing out that in the current state ACRE really isolates the Zeus player when they are in the Zeus interface. Not being able to communicate at all really makes their job a lot harder than it needs to be.

Game modes like Zeus 32+2 Control Edessa are totally unplayable if you are playing with infantry players not just ZvZ as you can't communicate with the troops on the ground.

Again like you said having the ability of 2 zeus's being able to communicate with each other is a massive asset when holding Large Scale Co-Op missions that can benefit from the extra set of hands another Zeus can bring to the table.

Anyway as far as full Zeus compatibility goes ACRE has made a huge leap forward with its current release. I just hope your team will consider these extra few additions that TFAR currently has and ACRE will no doubt become with out question the go to Communication Mod.

Also the transfer ACRE2 room with password 123 (or abc) on teamspeak to visually show teamspeak members that players are in game is also a really good feature of TFAR that I think ACRE could benefit from. Rather than just muting players in the room they are currently in automatically transferring players from whatever room they are in to a uniform passworded ACRE2 room would be a great feature.

Hmm I have a simple maybe a dumb question - it is necessary to use push to talk or voice activaction can be used? I am very lazy in this matter so VA instead of PTT would be good for me, but on last saturday mission sometimes ppl around me didnt hear me - not all just random few. We all got newest TS version and ACRE2 (with rhs and ace also newest ones on takistan)