ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Hey congrat on the release ! Is it still unsafe to save loadout with radio or is it fixed ? 

- [New] Zeus support - you can now use direct speech and the radios of unit you are remotely controlling.

That's the feature which until now made a change to acre impossible for my community. But thank you for implementing it!

But there's the micro-stuttering problem again. Every second or so the game slightly stutters. It's noticeable with just ACRE2+CBA, but especially with ACRE2+CBA+ACE³. With this combination it halts for around half a second.

Link to rpt:http://pastebin.com/AQXVnDBV

Other than that I haven't had a problem, except for the ACRE_PRC117F crashing when editing the analog squelch. Thank god you can simply just turn it off and on again. ;)

That's the feature which until now made a change to acre impossible for my community. But thank you for implementing it!

But there's the micro-stuttering problem again. Every second or so the game slightly stutters. It's noticeable with just ACRE2+CBA, but especially with ACRE2+CBA+ACE³. With this combination it halts for around half a second.

Link to rpt:http://pastebin.com/AQXVnDBV

Other than that I haven't had a problem, except for the ACRE_PRC117F crashing when editing the analog squelch. Thank god you can simply just turn it off and on again. ;)

Looking at the rpt this is because you are the server. In order for ACRE to reliably provide unique IDs a full inventory scan is regularly conducted by the server (and the server alone) which causes a small delay. On a dedicated server this works just fine. The system does check a bit too frequently at present and this is something that will be addressed in a future release.

If you do have steps to reproduce the 117F menu error please do report on our tracker - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues

Looking at the rpt this is because you are the server. In order for ACRE to reliably provide unique IDs a full inventory scan is regularly conducted by the server (and the server alone) which causes a small delay. On a dedicated server this works just fine. The system does check a bit too frequently at present and this is something that will be addressed in a future release.

If you do have steps to reproduce the 117F menu error please do report on our tracker - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues

Done.

Even on dedicated server there are very slight stutters (tested with ace³ again). Hopefully there's a better way to provide the unique IDs than having the server check them regularly.

Good job on the release and constant dev updates this year :)

The new updates looks incredible. I can't wait to update our repo!

I have a very basic understanding about directonal patterns, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_patternwill probably give me much more than I have the capacity to remember, but my question is;

How will it affect gameplay on maps with "harsh" landscape (ex. Takistan, to some extent Tanoa and the likes)? Will the regular 343/152-user need to think differently? How will it affect the 117F operator? :)

The new updates looks incredible. I can't wait to update our repo!

I have a very basic understanding about directonal patterns, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_patternwill probably give me much more than I have the capacity to remember, but my question is;

How will it affect gameplay on maps with "harsh" landscape (ex. Takistan, to some extent Tanoa and the likes)? Will the regular 343/152-user need to think differently? How will it affect the 117F operator? :)

I wrote a page which roughly outlines the complexity of the simulation here - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/signal-loss

The general question you need to consider - Is the person I am trying to communicate with behind a hill/in a depression? - As this typically gives a good approximation of whether or not your radio signal will reach them. There are of course other things at play with multi-pathing and refraction though. Beyond that you need to understand the radiowaves better or get a feel with ingame experience. For now at least terrain objects (trees/buildings) do not effect radio signals but that is subject to change.

• Like 1

Awesome answer, much obliged!

Good to see this update!

I've already encountered a issue with my HC, it's popping multiple errors out every second.

15:10:18 Error in expression <) then {
[] spawn {
waitUntil { !isNull acre_player };

_side = side acre_player>
15:10:18   Error position: <acre_player };

15:10:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_player
15:10:18 File idi\clients\acre\addons\api\fnc_setupMission.sqf, line 19

any ideas?

Good to see this update!

I've already encountered a issue with my HC, it's popping multiple errors out every second.

15:10:18 Error in expression <) then {
[] spawn {
waitUntil { !isNull acre_player };

15:10:18   Error position: <acre_player };

15:10:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_player
15:10:18 File idi\clients\acre\addons\api\fnc_setupMission.sqf, line 19

any ideas?

Damn this will happen if using a module/setupMission API function with headless client. The good news is the error message is harmless, the bad news is it spams. We messed up here and I will see to getting it fixed (no ETA).

Heya guys, great job with the release!!! :D I was just wondering how it was going with the steam workshop?

This update is big. One of the best mods in Armas history right here. Thank you all to all the hard work you put into developing this mod.

Done.

Even on dedicated server there are very slight stutters (tested with ace³ again). Hopefully there's a better way to provide the unique IDs than having the server check them regularly.

While it is true that the specific function needs to be optimized on our side: I can assure that even 80+ players do not represent an actual threat on that. In conclusion, it is not perfect but working

Hey Guys,

Have a bit of problem since updating to ACRE 2.2 today, Have grabbed it via our Swifty deployment and later via a full download zip both of which have been confirmed working by other members of our unit.

The Problem:

When loading the game it appears to hang and windows will prompt you to wait for program to respond.

Methods of Testing:

Running Mod Pack: Hangs

Running Mod Pack sans ACRE 2: Works

Running No Mod Pack: Works as Normal 

Running No Mod Pack + CBA + ACRE 2: Hangs

Opening the editor, selecting a base game unit, playing him on any map (VR, Altis, Stratis, custom ones), Hitting Play and having the game hang/ go unresponsive after pbos/ dlls load.

Details:

I work in sysadmin so I did some basic stuff to help make this easier to troubleshoot.

My System - Windows 10, Intel, Nvidia. TeamSpeak 3.0.19.4 (Not Running and/or Running). Full Admin permissions. No AV. Left the 'hung' screen for up to 10 minutes.

ProcMon - Using sysinternals procmon I was able to follow the arma.exe loading all pbos and dlls finishing with weapons_f_gamma.pbo, next two lines are QueryNameInformationFile - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\MMDevAPI.dll.mui and QueryNameInformationFile - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\dinput.dll.mui before it no longer shows anything happening under the arma.exe process - are any other processes spawned? if so I can add them to the filter.

acre_dll.log - each time just says -{INFO }- ACRE Loaded -{INFO }- Generating PBO List

arma3_data_.rpt -

1:04:48 [3326,65.608,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=3.0.0.160713, "]

1:04:48 Unable to get file version size: D:\Games\Arma 3\@acre2\acre.dll

last entries in this rpt file are for acre.dll with no following entries. Have confirmed with someone running a successful copy on windows 7 they also receive the "Unable to get file version size" warning but it continues on to the next entry about init, which i never get.

I hope this information assists, happy to supply more if needed.

Thanks

Congratulations on the release.

It is great seeing so many of the problems that were keeping us from using ACRE solved.

So far no issues what so ever with JIP and it great to see the Zeus support.

I do however think the Zeus support has missed the mark a little. Don't get me wrong it is great that Zeus players can interact with players when remote controlling an AI unit. But by limiting Zeus's interaction to exclusively when they have remote control significantly makes this feature not as useful as at seems at first glance.
ACRE should have full support to the Zeus virtual entity. As someone who comes from a heavy Zeus GM group having Zeus being able to hear players from its invisible virtual entity self is an amazingly effective way getting feedback on your mission. Being able to hear the players gives vital information directly to the zeus as they float around the battlefield. By anonymously flying around the battlefield you can hear if the players are finding the mission too hard, too easy, are the taking it seriously, are the lost or on task? etc. Also by having the Zeus being able to communicate with Players directly via proximity chat and via radios from the interface the Zeus can play as a Command / HQ role and be in charge of calling CAS, Supply drops or even give feedback on any technical issues players are having.

By limiting the Zeus's interactivity to only when they are remote controlling an AI player (which one would only do maybe .05% of the time) this significantly nerfs the live intelligence the Zeus Virtual Entity player can receive during the mission.

It is food for thought really.

• Like 1

I just have 2 questions

Is there a way to mount radios to vehicles and have all vehicles have a built in 117f like in Arma 2. If not will you (the devs) be adding it in?

How do you turn on the speaker for the 148 so you can hear radio chatter over it will it is in the ground?

Excellent job on the mod btw. Keep it up.

Thanks so much for the update, great work.

I can report that all seems to be working fine on our server so far.

Hey Guys,

Have a bit of problem since updating to ACRE 2.2 today, Have grabbed it via our Swifty deployment and later via a full download zip both of which have been confirmed working by other members of our unit.

The Problem:

When loading the game it appears to hang and windows will prompt you to wait for program to respond.

Hi gatehead, thanks for the detailed report. Certainly helps! I have never heard of this happening which is really strange. My gut is telling me this is something to do with the dlls hanging which is really weird. This doesn't seem normal at all, does this issue persist even after a full PC restart?

I do however think the Zeus support has missed the mark a little. Don't get me wrong it is great that Zeus players can interact with players when remote controlling an AI unit. But by limiting Zeus's interaction to exclusively when they have remote control significantly makes this feature not as useful as at seems at first glance.

ACRE should have full support to the Zeus virtual entity. As someone who comes from a heavy Zeus GM group having Zeus being able to hear players from its invisible virtual entity self is an amazingly effective way getting feedback on your mission. Being able to hear the players gives vital information directly to the zeus as they float around the battlefield. By anonymously flying around the battlefield you can hear if the players are finding the mission too hard, too easy, are the taking it seriously, are the lost or on task? etc. Also by having the Zeus being able to communicate with Players directly via proximity chat and via radios from the interface the Zeus can play as a Command / HQ role and be in charge of calling CAS, Supply drops or even give feedback on any technical issues players are having.

By limiting the Zeus's interactivity to only when they are remote controlling an AI player (which one would only do maybe .05% of the time) this significantly nerfs the live intelligence the Zeus Virtual Entity player can receive during the mission.

There sure are a lot of 'possibilities' for better zeus tools. I can imagine some users wanting to be able to hear players from the zeus camera as you mention (to be technically correct it the zeus entity remains in place, it is the camera that moves) and others may not want this. I can also see some wanting the ability to communicate from zeus to zeus to coordinate (which can be achieved by having two zeues next each other and talking on direct as long as they dont remote control units). The reality is there are several desirable usecases here. The proper way to make everyone happy is to allow the zeuses to decide themselves. There's quite a time cost in developing a system to handle all these cases and we may look into this a later point but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

I just have 2 questions

Is there a way to mount radios to vehicles and have all vehicles have a built in 117f like in Arma 2. If not will you (the devs) be adding it in?

How do you turn on the speaker for the 148 so you can hear radio chatter over it will it is in the ground?

Excellent job on the mod btw. Keep it up.

At present there is no way to mount radios into vehicles (like in Arma 2). Vehicle racks are something we would like to see in ACRE2.

Re-148 speaker. You can see in this video how to enable to it -> https://youtu.be/io3uzbYO0iU?t=859(Watch from the linked timestamp). This is using old artwork for 148 but the buttons are still the same.

I can imagine some users wanting to be able to hear players from the zeus camera as you mention (to be technically correct it the zeus entity remains in place, it is the camera that moves) and others may not want this. I can also see some wanting the ability to communicate from zeus to zeus to coordinate (which can be achieved by having two zeues next each other and talking on direct as long as they dont remote control units). 

If you are playing a "virtual zeus" unit, it is in fact moving with the camera. And since it is right where the camera is, it should also be able to hear and speak from that position.

If you are playing a real unit (as in a solider, not just a bodiless entity) the actual "You" stays, while the camera moves. Two zeuses playing real units and standing next to one another would still be able to talk.

This is how TFAR does it. And honestly, this is something that would keep me from making the switch even though I love everything else about ACRE.

If you are playing a "virtual zeus" unit, it is in fact moving with the camera. And since it is right where the camera is, it should also be able to hear and speak from that position.

If you are playing a real unit (as in a solider, not just a bodiless entity) the actual "You" stays, while the camera moves. Two zeuses playing real units and standing next to one another would still be able to talk.

This is how TFAR does it. And honestly, this is something that would keep me from making the switch even though I love everything else about ACRE.

When we get to implementing more Zeus features, we would do our best to provide settings, we don't want to change the functionality from version to version, but rather do it well one time.

Todays Mission with ACRE i could not join. I was the only one which ACRE didn't worked. 

Same Repository as everyone else. 

Joining Lobby - all OK, 

Loading Mission - all OK, 

Enter Map - Crash! 

Already done:

Admin/NON-Admin Mode, tested. 

File Patching, tested. 

Mod loaded from originally link, tested. 

Did try to launch with ACRE Plugin deactivated, tested 

ACRE Plugin several times new installed, tested

severall PC restarts, tested

Arma Installation proofed, tested 

Steam restarted, tested 

Virus Scanner deactivated, tested

removed double CBA_A3 entry, double checked Version, tested

Nothing worked so far ... 

My System: 

Windows 10, 

2x Sound Cards (Sound Blaster Z and Asus XONAR D2 ( Dont ask why ... )) 

Mic over Sound Blaster, Headphones over Xonar D2

i5 3570k OC 

16GB RAM 

Arma loads from SSD 

Teamspeak Version 3.0.19.4

Mods and Game is installed in Steamlib and together in the same folder. 

RPT Files Snipped: 

20:56:22 [5070,115.195,1.048,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=33SGAFORMENTF, missionVersion=52, worldName=schuebz, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=false, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=true isLinux=false"]
20:56:22 [5070,115.31,1.048,"CBA_VERSIONING: bwa3=1.4.0, ace=3.6.2.0, cba=3.0.0.160713, acex=3.0.0.0, "]
20:56:22 [ACE] (common) INFO: ACE is version 3.6.2.0.
20:56:22 [ACE] (common) INFO: CBA is version [3,0,0,160713] [min required [2,4,1]]
20:56:22 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_break_line: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
20:56:22 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_parse_imagepath: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
20:56:22 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_clipboard: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
20:56:22 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_fcs: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
20:56:22 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_advanced_ballistics: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
20:56:23 [ACE] (nametags) INFO: ACRE Detected.
20:56:24 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\ACRE2Arma.dll
20:56:24 116.987 ACRE: Pipe opened.
20:56:24 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\acre.dll
CRASH 

21:05:37 [ACE] (nametags) INFO: ACRE Detected.
21:05:38 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\ACRE2Arma.dll
21:05:38 108.916 ACRE: Pipe opened.
21:05:38 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\acre.dll
CRASH

21:16:04 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\ACRE2Arma.dll
21:16:04 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\acre.dll
CRASH 23:28:08 [3241,91.578,1.381,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=33SGAFORMENTF, missionVersion=52, worldName=schuebz, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=false, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=true isLinux=false"]
23:28:08 [3241,91.696,1.381,"CBA_VERSIONING: bwa3=1.4.0, ace=3.6.2.0, cba=3.0.0.160713, acex=3.0.0.0, "]
23:28:08 [ACE] (common) INFO: ACE is version 3.6.2.0.
23:28:08 [ACE] (common) INFO: CBA is version [3,0,0,160713] [min required [2,4,1]]
23:28:09 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_break_line: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
23:28:09 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_parse_imagepath: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
23:28:09 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_clipboard: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
23:28:09 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_fcs: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
23:28:09 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_advanced_ballistics: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
23:28:10 [ACE] (nametags) INFO: ACRE Detected.
23:28:11 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\ACRE2Arma.dll
23:28:11 94.416 ACRE: Pipe opened.
23:28:11 Unable to get file version size: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@acre2\acre.dll

Of course, all DLLs are in place. All DLLs are in Mod folder. 

Modfolder has originally name. 

Do you have the plugin enabled in teamspeak? Does it show in the list of available plugins in teamspeak?

Manual Installation instructions (as per main post):

Manual Installation:

• Download from the above link and extract the zip file to your hard drive.
  • Open the extracted folder and open the Teamspeak/plugins folder.
  • Copy the correct version of the plugin dll for your Teamspeak installation.
  • Navigate to your Teamspeak installation and open the plugins folder.
  • Paste the plugin into that folder, overwriting any current ACRE2 plugin.
  • Return to the extracted folder and go to the Game folder.
  • Copy the @ACRE2 folder.
  • Navigate to your Arma 3 installation folder.
  • Delete any current @ACRE2 folder and then paste in the @ACRE2 folder you copied from the extracted zip.
  • Create a new shortcut or edit an existing one, and add @ACRE2 and @CBA_A3 to the -mod parameter, for a longer explanation see this tutorial: http://www.armaholic...m=posts&q=20866
  • Launch Teamspeak 3 and enable the ACRE2 plugin in the Settings > Plugins window.
  • Launch Arma 3 from the shortcut you created.

I woke up this morning and the issue was gone. That was weird.

We're now running into a babel issue. Using ACE, CBA, and ACRE, and the TvT mission in the extras folder, I can't communicate with my friends at all. We can't seem to figure it out.

Todays Mission with ACRE i could not join. I was the only one which ACRE didn't worked. 

Of course, all DLLs are in place. All DLLs are in Mod folder. 

Modfolder has originally name. 

Can you please upload the full RPT? Excerpts are rarely helpful in solving issues like that.