I have done extensive test and all the above seems to be correct, however i did manage to get the cqb units spawning around the city and even on roofs and going up ladders.  As well as using the custom military placement module I can easily get units to spawn on that and even with that I have created a fun scenario but I want more.

I want to be able to have civilians span and vehicles and just use alive on this mission the way it was meant to be used not hacking things up and trying to band aid make the mission.  Ive reached out to the alive team and the creator on steam as well as making a stink about it here now hoping someone will come to the rescue that can fix this awesome terrain.

It's not about anything being fixed, really. It's about the map being indexed to work with ALiVE's system.

You can actually index the map yourself if you don't want to wait for someone else to do it. There's a large backlog so all in all, if you successfully get it done it would be of help to everyone.

I personally have problems with the tools (my system crashes), but others have had success. Check out the wiki and if you get hung up, post over on the ALiVE forums:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

• Like 1

It's not about anything being fixed, really. It's about the map being indexed to work with ALiVE's system.

You can actually index the map yourself if you don't want to wait for someone else to do it. There's a large backlog so all in all, if you successfully get it done it would be of help to everyone.

I personally have problems with the tools (my system crashes), but others have had success. Check out the wiki and if you get hung up, post over on the ALiVE forums:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Yea i went threw the wiki and i have indexed other terrains before however the issue can bet that the terrain is locked so that only the creator could have the ability to do it and i believe i saw a similar issue with another terrain with the same issue

A little bad flying but second time at flying the map:

I noticed that it's not completely dark (which is odd given the video above shows) as well as a missing "P:\mog\data\rubble_nopx.paa" drive texture, otherwise pretty neat map.

When i launch the map i have an error : "Cannot load texture p:\mog\data\rubble_nopx.paa"

Then in the editor i have :

"No entry /bin/config.bin/cfgVehicules/DestructionEffect.scope"

AND

"No entry /bin/config.bin/cfgVehicules/DestructionEffect.side"

When i play it in game and someone destroys a building i have an other error :

"No entry /bin/config.bin/cfgCloudlets.housedestructionsmoke"

Also, i have regular crashes when i leave any mission made on that terrain.

Hope it will be fixed.

PS : Great job on the terrain, it offers really amazing urban combat !

runways/roads in the base covered with grass and flowers, tried to find object name of the grass. doenst work. cursortarget, cursorsobject, nearobjects doenst work to find the name of it.

I really love this map. If you can tweak the performance, of course that would be great. But in the Armaverse, it's amazing to have a map that gives all that rubble etc. The dependencies are non negotiable I assume?    sorry, I was under the wrong impression that I actually need US MILITARY MOD

keep up the great work!

On 11/12/2016 at 7:53 AM, mad_cheese said:

I really love this map ... in the Armaverse, it's amazing to have a map that gives all that rubble etc ... keep up the great work!

ya, what mad_cheese said. awesome work, love the map, looking forward to the next version of the map. my group loves stomping about  in the all the smoke and debris on your first version; 

Mog seems to be broken unfortunately. Whenever you approach the city centre or airfield-even in Eden editor, the game crashes. Throws up these errors:

fZy35Po.jpglJdqHWm.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Mog seems to be broken unfortunately. Whenever you approach the city centre or airfield-even in Eden editor, the game crashes. Throws up these errors:

Either i got a older version or its something else because i dont get the crash and editor warning  EDIT: checked the date of the file and its 7th of september 2016

i did noticed a other bug  the mayors mansion is placed double (aka there are two villa's on the same spot) just a very small difference in placement resulting in doorways half blocked double windows ec.    

3 minutes ago, supergruntsb78 said:

Either i got a older version or its something else because i dont get the crash and editor warning 

i did noticed a other bug  the mayors mansion is placed double (aka there are two villa's on the same spot) just a very small difference in placement resulting in doorways half blocked double windows ec.    

Hmmm..maybe because i am on Dev branch? Although i saw some people reporting the same thing on steam

i have seen the reports as well but i checked the date and i am on 7-september 2016 so thats the latest :( 

2 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Hmmm..maybe because i am on Dev branch? Although i saw some people reporting the same thing on steam

i am on stable so that could be the problem

but if thas the case then this map will be gone pretty soon :P 

Dev Branch caused buildings to float in one of the latest updates this week on Altis/Stratis.

• Like 1

Map had a major update yesterday please check. Thanks to great RSO Mod I was able to add a lot of fresh structures to the map.

• Like 1

One of the best looking Arma 3 urban maps period. A problem is that alot of the larger buildings even though open, are not enterable as they are uneven with the ground, sometime ground textures showing up for floors or the lips of the doorways to high to crossover. Also alot of them have great ambush potential but no building positions to allow AI to work in there,

• Like 1

Hi Variable.A, thanks for the map :). Is the 0.13 on armaholic the latest version (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31571)?

Cause we have a lot of error even in the eden editor :

0:32:10 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\mog\data\rubble_nopx.paa.
 0:32:10 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\mog\data\rubble_co.paa.
 0:32:10 Warning Message: Cannot load texture p:\mog\data\desert_nopx.paa.

and a lot of this type of error too:

0:31:57 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/DestructionEffects.type'.
 0:31:57 Warning Message: '/' is not a value

And unfortunately with the last update 1.68, the map crash when we approach the city Mogadishu. Could you make something ? ^^. Will be very appreciated :).

Yeah I also get the map crash when approaching Mogadishu as well as the DestructionEffects.type error. Hopefully this is addressed because the work done on the map is amazing and I can't wait to build some missions here for my unit.

Great job so far

On 20.03.2017 at 3:02 AM, norx_aengell said:

And unfortunately with the last update 1.68, the map crash when we approach the city Mogadishu. Could you make something ? ^^. Will be very appreciated :).

It appears the map doesn't crash the game if you run your game in x32 version AKA arma3.exe not the arma3_x64.exe

On 10/12/2016 at 5:00 AM, EricJ said:

A little bad flying but second time at flying the map:

Where did you get that helo from? Looks a bit like Samson from Avatar...