Yeah, the map looks orange. Also, half the city looks like it's been shelled flat. Was it really in such a decrepit state at the time? I mean, I'd expect those buildings, if they're damaged, to look a little more intact, not like piles of rubble.

I for one love the ambient sounds and the rubble.  Keep up the good work!  :D

• Like 2

What modded units would be suitable on this map? Is there an Al-Shabab like faction out there or anything else you guys can think of that would feel believable for a modern battle? I'm not very familiar with the region so any suggestions would be nice.

for me the ground looks really orange anyone else got this? 

and the whole airfield is covered in bushes.

Thanks for the feedback!

The ground texture is being switched to a more white sand, likely the texture from takistan.

The foliage on the airfield has been noted.

Again, this is a very early WIP, development will continue through the fall :)

Few things you guys need to notice is that BH Down movie is quite different from reality. Both crash sites looked different than in the movie. City itself is much more green in reality. Mogadishu has seen much conflict in decades before 1993 so it was in fact one big pile of ruble and slums in general.

UPDATES to MOG2:

Sounds fixed. No more monkeys only ambient battle sounds in distance.

Ground texture less orange more sand like.

K4 Circle

3a68bb559c967dba5f4ff1c59d4d33dd.jpg

5_Mh_AAJg.jpg

83_big.jpg

86_big.jpg

An_abandoned_MOGADISHU_Street_known_as_t

famous_curuba_hotel_mogadishu_somalia.jp

Mogadishu.jpg

• Like 3

for me the ground looks really orange anyone else got this? 

and the whole airfield is covered in bushes.

Airfield runway and taxiway should be clear of folliage now.

I really don't like the idea of ambient battle sounds. I believe they can be added in Eden if needed (complete with fake tracers), but not every mission maker is going to appreciate shooting in the background. The city wasn't a constant battlefield, even if it saw firefights frequently. Myself, I prefer to have battle sounds come from an actual, on-map battle.

• Like 4

Ok, I just went on the map and checked ALiVE using the alive quick start framework from their website- It does support alive, but for some reason the AI commander/ all AI units will always be based in the far south, past the airfield, in the middle of the desert or off the edge of the map- Even with the CQB ramped up to the maximum of 50% they were not garrisoning any of the structures in the city itself even if the HQ module was placed there.

If anyone else wants to do further ALiVE testing go ahead, see if you can get the map to work properly. 

Assuming this is a new map with newly placed structures, it will need to be indexed to work with ALiVE.

Yeah this is a ground up re-build

Updated mod v0.11 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Variable.A , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

It seems that the latest Workshop update still has grass on the airfield. Indeed, outside the city, there's too much grass everywhere - even in the desert. It looks rather odd.

Variable.A, keep up the great work and my group is really looking forward to the re-built map. We have really enjoyed gaming on the first version of Mogadishu and look forward to the new one. 

Thanks and know that your hard work is really appreciated. 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys ArmA

• Like 1

Ok, I just went on the map and checked ALiVE using the alive quick start framework from their website- It does support alive, but for some reason the AI commander/ all AI units will always be based in the far south, past the airfield, in the middle of the desert or off the edge of the map- Even with the CQB ramped up to the maximum of 50% they were not garrisoning any of the structures in the city itself even if the HQ module was placed there.

If anyone else wants to do further ALiVE testing go ahead, see if you can get the map to work properly. 

Assuming this is a new map with newly placed structures, it will need to be indexed to work with ALiVE.

I have done extensive test and all the above seems to be correct, however i did manage to get the cqb units spawning around the city and even on roofs and going up ladders.  As well as using the custom military placement module I can easily get units to spawn on that and even with that I have created a fun scenario but I want more.

I want to be able to have civilians span and vehicles and just use alive on this mission the way it was meant to be used not hacking things up and trying to band aid make the mission.  Ive reached out to the alive team and the creator on steam as well as making a stink about it here now hoping someone will come to the rescue that can fix this awesome terrain.