Mog2 will be a new map not just an update to previous Mog.

20 x 20 km terrain

Large City (over 6x6km)

Old Airport / US Army base.

Original street layout.

All locations depicted in movie Black Hawk Down recreated with much detail.

Map will be dependent on CUP Core.

Release 15 September.

arma3_2016_08_21_21_07_08_42.jpg

arma3_2016_08_23_23_46_03_65.jpg

arma3_2016_08_23_23_47_07_43.jpg

arma3_2016_08_23_23_47_44_21.jpg

arma3_2016_08_23_23_48_57_21.jpg

arma3_2016_08_25_14_55_44_80.jpg

arma3_2016_08_25_14_57_56_88.jpg

arma3_2016_08_25_14_58_20_39.jpg

arma3_2016_08_25_14_59_01_39.jpg

arma3_2016_08_25_15_00_50_38.jpg

arma3_2016_08_25_15_03_07_67.jpg

• Like 30

Great news!

Thanks for that Variable.A!

1 question though:

in the previous one, there were the 2 blackhawks wreck on both crash site.

WIll you let them in position or not?

(IMHO, would be better not to have them - so that if we want to do something different on those site. But hey! it's your work ;))

• Like 6

Good news but I'm still worried about the FPS. Are there good so far?

• Like 2

Definitely looking forward to seeing this terrain. I spent time looking over the old version and it's pretty nice!

Definitely looking forward to seeing this terrain. I spent time looking over the old version and it's pretty nice!

Same here hahaha

Looks incredible, amazing job!

looking forward to this map  :D  :D  :D

i agree with wiki   leave the crash sites without choppers so we can use the map otherwise besides blackhawk down missions  

also i would like to ask you to not include ten thousand other mods to your mod files   most people have most of the mods you use in your maps already on the arma install  so no need to create a other 3.5gb file for only a map  

(makes your job easier also  :P  )

• Like 2

Looks really great already - hope that the downtown areas can be made as sprawling as in the movie :)

Looks really great already - hope that the downtown areas can be made as sprawling as in the movie :)

It's being built with reference to GPS/map data of the real city. The central construction crash site is the one main departure from reality to reflect the movie, but we're trying to keep it as accurate as possible

Nice ones.

I hope someone will make a BHD singleplayer campaign with that :)

• Like 2

As for those asking for the size of the download, would you prefer dependencies?

I know you said that the overall map size will be 20x20. I was just curious as to how much of the map will be populated with buildings? I know the focus will be on the city itself, I just wanted to ask about the rest.

• Like 1

As for those asking for the size of the download, would you prefer dependencies?

I know you said that the overall map size will be 20x20. I was just curious as to how much of the map will be populated with buildings? I know the focus will be on the city itself, I just wanted to ask about the rest.

Considering just about every player, anywhere who is into modding ArmA 3 will have Cup Terrains Core then yeah dependencies shouldn't be a problem.

There is no real reason why a 20x20 map needs to be as large (data wise) as Chernarus Plus.

anyway it looks like Variable is using CUP Terrains Core so all should be ok.

There is nothing wrong with making your mod dependent on another so long as that dependent mod is a somewhat mainstream, widely used mod.

For those of you worried about size, MAP itself will be maximum 350MB when compressed by steam workshop it should be a 200MB download. It will be dependent on CUP Core.  Steezypanda is working on the Uniform/Weapons/Vehicles package we will see what that produces.

Overall we want to release both same time with server running BH Down mission 24/7. I will keep you posted when this is ready.

• Like 1

City itself will be relatively large for Arma standards. It is in fact almost ready. Remainder of the map will feature Airport (US Army base) villages and oasis inside the desert.

• Like 4

My suggestion so far and only complaint is the ambient sounds. Really kills the mood if your in an op and hear unreal gunfire in the distance.

• Like 1