L-39 Albatros
by riten

This is my first vehicle mod, I've learned a lot during this project. It was really fun to improve my coding and modding skills, but I hope someone will enjoy playing this. There is still some things to work with and I'll probably update it soon. I'm actually pretty happy on how it works, so decided to share it with community.

External pages upload / my pbo's editing

Respect my time I've spent building this addon and let me know before you're going to upload my mod anywhere. You can freely add it to any website if you add all informations about mod and credits, but only with workshop link (or any other sources I'll add), so no external download mirrors without my knowledge. Before you edit my config/pbo send me PM so we can talk about your intentions. Thank you for your understanding!

Weapons:
All plane variants are armed with: 4x GBU-12, 2x Scalpel, Cannon 20mm and gunner laser.

Features:
- Ejection seat for both pilot and gunner (inspired by John Spartan & saul, but created by my own)
- Wheel chocks and pitots tube cover script (by me)
- Gunner MFD optics
- Animated pilot cockpit (throttle, rudder etc..)

- Civilian aerobatic model with smokes :)

You can find it at:
Blufor -> jets -> L-39 Czech Air Force (CAS)
Indfor -> jets -> A43 Buzzard (CAS)
Opfor -> jets -> L-39 Russian (CAS)
Civilian -> jets -> L-39 Aerobatic 

Textures:
- Czech Air Force for Blufor
- Buzzard BIS Texture for Indfor
- Russian texture for Opfor

Thanks to: 
BIS for sample models, configs, tools and documentation
Community & especially Firewill for answering my config questions 

Workshop: Subscribe

9ECDCAEE8D6FD882BDB84BD65BB17A520EA90EFE
E823528A2DD5200753713C3BC1BFA8412202CCF9DC443E7F183F59D647B5B9738176C68C6C4283F7AFF2B989A5A2737F23AF822E04F017913B259E3CF299195312C296DAB05FE7D02E4FE3B75303252AE728A7DF34301E931F0769910C95E3A2DF8C2CC5161E3FD8B6331DEC55BC4A67014E0753C903DE4F5617823BD45E0F7E1F27A3003F3AF4DEE1B43280D847C747E2BE79F863580C25DEBA913F5405DD95

• Like 8

Thank, your happiness is contagious and drives me to create a mod also ... :wub:

This is my first vehicle mod....

Congrats on the release! Looks good! :) Need to test it later today.

Have you altered the flight model in any way (i.e how it handles?). I have always considered the A3 aircraft to have way too little thrust and climb rates. I´m no modder but are these configs hard to alter?

Also have you had the chance to test the ejection script on a MP server? In our community we´ve had several issues with ejection seat scripts spawning tens and tens of parachutes in the sky.

@jone_kone

I've added physx components to model, but in config it's still disabled (need to study how to setup physx config, but not sure if it will be serious change to flight model). I think it works like A3 buzzard, but with better acceleration. Yes, I've tested scripts in MP and didn't noticed any problems so far :)

• Like 1

Lovely plane :). Perfect for Tanoa.

@jone_kone

I've added physx components to model, but in config it's still disabled (need to study how to setup physx config, but not sure if it will be serious change to flight model). I think it works like A3 buzzard, but with better acceleration. Yes, I've tested scripts in MP and didn't noticed any problems so far :)

Tested your L39. Great work! I don´t know how much you´ve changed the configs but it seems more agile than the standard A-143 or RHS L-39. It´s actually a fun to "fly" compared to it´s RHS counterparts. I had some small issues with the copilot HUD and found some bugs with the ejection seat (might be ACE3 interfering). I´ll pm them to you. Also the CCIP isn´t active for the GBU:s (don´t mind if that is intentional).

Edit: Btw. What are your thoughts about a ground support version with rocketpods and guns only? Sure this will reduce the need for a co-pilot, but the idea is to reduce smart weapons and rely on pilot skills to strike the targets. i.e. giving vehicle crews and ground troops a better chance in MP missions. The co-pilot can still navigate and communicate targets so wouldn´t be completely useless.

• Like 2

@officeramrigu@naR0adki11

Thanks for your opinions, that kind of posts build up my motivation for new projects.

@miller

I've sent you PM about it :) You're doing great job informing communities about new addons, but I don't like suprises. It was my mistake to not point this in first post before, it's fixed now.

@jone_kone

Thanks for testing it. If we talk about CCIP... I was happy to make it works, but I'll think about adding GBU there ;) If there is something wrong with ejection let me know, so maybe I'll be able to fix it. I'm not sure if I'll develop this mod more then you see now, it was some kind of tutorial for me. I'll add civilian version and probably some fixes to bugs, but nothing more. I've now plans to create new jet with my own model, I think I'm ready for that now :)

• Like 4

@Miroslaw

Ahh edit your post and add

to it! You're reading in my mind :) This is what I'm now working at.

Hello, I wanted to ask you whether you are interested in a model helicopter MI-8 AMTSH ... I have a 80% complete model ... would like to offer you its further development ..

...I've now plans to create new jet with my own model, I think I'm ready for that now :)

It´s good to keep focused. Good luck with your new mod! :)

Please don´t completely forget this mod. There are very few trainer sized aircraft with smaller loadouts suitable for Tanoa etc. missions. :)  

Updated mod, added civilian aerobatic version with 3 kinds of smokes (white, blue and red), also removed gun pod. Video with smoke test and update preview added to first post :)

9ECDCAEE8D6FD882BDB84BD65BB17A520EA90EFE

• Like 1

A sort of autopilot is necesery for the gunner to be able to lase in time-would make this plane the most used plane in Arma 3.At least a simple one,Altitude hold. 

- Fixed ejection seat texture path error
- Fixed/blocked multipe ejection script calls
- Added new player animation for ejection seat
11EE51B638F2BF2063241E4213F190B265BD9EBB

Cosmetic changes to cockpit, I've animated canopy/gear levers.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

@teddymosart1

I'm not really sure if this is needed, you can fly with friend and comunicate with him and there shouldn't be any problems with aiming.

• Like 3

Add server key to your mod.
If you add your mod to the server, no one can log in due to the lack of a server key