Coming soon... SPIE! SP and MP compatible. Will be a server-side only addon like all of my other mods.

Here's how it will work:

Heli crew can deploy rope. Any player on the ground can walk up to rope and press "Attach Self". Multiple players can attach to the same rope (limited to 8 maybe). Once ropes attached, players can walk around on the ground until the heli lifts them up. Players are still attached to rope while walking, so you can't walk beyond the length of your rope(s) attached to other units. Players need to move together on the ground.

Once in the air, it will immediately switch to a custom 3rd person view, letting you orbit around the player and zoom in/out up to 25m. If you need the ability to command your AI while on the rope, you can switch to 1st person view to get those commands.

Once players reach the ground again, they will be able to walk around again. Then, players need to "Detach Self" from rope.

Capture.jpg

• Like 27

Thanks for starting the interest in this. I will make sure that you get in touch with someone who can do that for you.

Looking for someone to help create a SPIE addon for my Advanced Ropes collection. Would allow for quick insert/extract of players via a rope. See photo below.

I have a good idea of how to make this work in SP + MP and can handle the scripting. However, it requires someone with experience creating / configuring custom vehicles. In order to make this work, I need a single-seat custom vehicle that a unit can be placed inside. The vehicle shouldn't have any visual model (should just see the player).

Anyone interested in helping?

HH-60G-Pave-Hawk-helicopter-176.jpg

Duda, the master of rope based ArmA 3 mods  :P

• Like 1

duda - You're like a magician  :) people see what they see and cant belive its happening  :P i mean whoah its slide down on a rope, but it's probably based on physyx right?  :)

Oh and one more thing, rappeling down from helis and buildings/ledges is awesome, but here a thing SPIE  :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Patrol_Insertion/Extraction

I never saw anyone who could try to do this in arma series but in my opinion it WOULD BE real magic in comparsion to rappeling  :)

Please tell me You were thinking befire about making SPIE in arma please please please  :)

Yes yes yes :) I just knew You will do it someday :) Or start doing in this case xD

Good news - I figured out a way to make this work with vanilla arma MP!! Will be server side only like all of my other mods.

• Like 5

I'd say that's pretty close! :)

Capture.jpgHH-60G-Pave-Hawk-helicopter-176.jpg

• Like 6

Name for this new addon?

Advanced Extract?

Here's how it will work:

Heli crew can deploy rope. Any player on the ground can walk up to rope and press "Attach Self". Multiple players can attach to the same rope (limited to 8 maybe). Once ropes attached, players can walk around on the ground until the heli lifts them up. Players are still attached to rope while walking, so you can't walk beyond the length of your rope(s) attached to other units. Players need to move together on the ground.

Once in the air, it will immediately switch to a custom 3rd person view, letting you orbit around the player and zoom in/out up to 25m. If you need the ability to command your AI while on the rope, you can switch to 1st person view to get those commands.

Once players reach the ground again, they will be able to walk around again. Then, players need to "Detach Self" from rope.

• Like 2

Advanced Rope Spie Extraction.....

or A.R.S.E. 

:lol:

in all seriousness... you been killing the rope mods lately man!

• Like 1

First of all, thanks so much for finally making a reliable fastrope mod - that actually works with ALiVE! Now for this one, I knew it was just a matter of time and with the new Tanoa map, well perfect timing. This type of extraction was made for that type of terrain (although you can use it anywhere) and mission makers throughout the Armaverse will rejoice haha! Now I throw down the gauntlet, what can you do with the C-130 Fulton Recovery System? 

Think of recreating the scene from the "Green Berets" or the extraction of Manuel Noriega out of Panama - oops dating myself here I suppose... :P   Seriously, really nice work!!!

First of all, thanks so much for finally making a reliable fastrope mod - that actually works with ALiVE! Now for this one, I knew it was just a matter of time and with the new Tanoa map, well perfect timing. This type of extraction was made for that type of terrain (although you can use it anywhere) and mission makers throughout the Armaverse will rejoice haha! Now I throw down the gauntlet, what can you do with the C-130 Fulton Recovery System? Think of recreating the scene from the "Green Berets" or the extraction of Manuel Noriega out of Panama - oops dating myself here I suppose... :P   Seriously, really nice work!!!

This would be pretty cool. Maybe I'll make this part of this addon and release both together.

Here's how I would make that type of system work, and make it server-side only:

When an aircraft is in the air, the crew would be given a deploy skyhook action.

Once activated, all players on ground will get an action to deploy skyhook.

When player deploys skyhook, some ballon-like object will float into the air above player, attached to player via rope. Would attach ir strobe to ballon.

Then, if aircraft flies within x meters of the ballon, rope attaches from plane to ballon and retracts automatically.

Once rope retracted, player is moved into heli.

Only concern I have is that the rope will snap due to the velocity.

• Like 2

I like your thinking on this. I would concentrate on personnel recovery and not so much with vehicles (thanks for the vid Cosmic10r). I think you could simplify somewhat with making the rope/balloon a standard length that shoots up in the sky to wait for the aircraft (heli/cargo plane). On the aircraft, would you make that pilot and crew to select hook, just thinking of some of the SHK fastrope issues in the early versions? Anyway, glad your open to the idea, not to take away from the SPIES mod, just getting greedy with all these functional rope mods your cranking out. :cheers: 

Duda you are a magician! I love following your work! We have thoroughly enjoyed everything you have released thus far. Keep up the amazing work man!

• Like 1

Duda you are a magician! I love following your work! We have thoroughly enjoyed everything you have released thus far. Keep up the amazing work man!

We love the rope suite. It adds so much necessary functionality and soon we'll be able to SPIE too. I'm eagerly awaiting this release.

You da man duda!!! Will mosdef be adding this alongside all of your other amazing scripts  :) :) :)

Awesome!

One suggestion, though - you should increase the height from the helicopter to the top guy. This way, you get more leeway for canopies and stuff, because for right now you almost need to land, negating the point.
I have a USMC publication lying around somewhere that goes over the distances between each person and the bird, I'll post them up after some research!

• Like 1

According to MCRP 3-11-4A, the first roper will become airborne at 85 feet, or roughly 26 meters. Right now it looks more like 5-10 meters.

Keep up the great work, this is awesome!

• Like 4

So what happened to this? 

The technique I was trying to use only worked well in SP. Might pick this back up, but it will be a while! Busy with non-arma stuff these days.

• Like 1

Hey Duda,

Yeah, been curious about the same, but I know you have alot going on. When I first saw you working on this, I immediately saw the scenario for small team extraction on Tanoa and N'Ziwasogo (hence the Fulton comments I made earlier hehe). Luckily the community is cranking out quality scripts left and right to keep mission makers busy, but if you ever do get back to this, I'm sure plenty of folks will appreciate the efforts (your rappel scripts are now pretty much a standard ;) )

• Like 1

Hi duda,

I know you're working on amazing train mod so I've a question. Are you still working on this script or you have stop this project ? I'm looking for a script like this and you seem to be the last hope ^^

and cool video :)

We all are waiting for this mod :) cause it will provide us with so much new forces extraction possibilities, from roofs and other places when landing is impossible, when landing could be too much dangerous.

Just say that You didnt abandoned this mod and still trying to make it 1.0 ;)

• Like 1

Oh very nice, didn't think anybody was going to tackle this.

Excited to see this in arma.