Sign in to follow this  
mcarma

Question concerning sound

Is there a way to improve the sound separation and direction? Most of the time I cannot tell from what direction a weapon is firing from? Yes I have two ears, lol.

Forgot to mention I am using a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z card.

Check in your sound options-have you got Sound Sources set to 128?

Check in your sound options-have you got Sound Sources set to 128?

Yes to 128.

System has proper settings. Sound positioning in other games such as BF4 are okay.

Is there a way to improve the sound separation and direction? Most of the time I cannot tell from what direction a weapon is firing from? Yes I have two ears, lol.

Forgot to mention I am using a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z card.

Are you using a headset or speakers?

I use two speakers and have them spaced as far apart as possible in front of me to get a decent realistic stereo effect to tell which direction the sounds are coming from in a frontal 180-degree arc.

But the effect doesn't work if the sound is coming from behind you in the game because the speakers are in front of you, so sounds that are behind you come out of the speakers that are in front of you if you see what I mean.. 

Are you using a headset or speakers?

I use two speakers and have them spaced as far apart as possible in front of me to get a decent realistic stereo effect to tell which direction the sounds are coming from in a frontal 180-degree arc.

But the effect doesn't work if the sound is coming from behind you in the game because the speakers are in front of you, so sounds that are behind you come out of the speakers that are in front of you if you see what I mean.. 

Both headset and speakers depending on circumstances. In either case A3 does not seem to have good sound placement.

Headsets in my opinion will always give a greater sense of sound source direction compared to speakers. I have a very nice surround system and still play with a headset for that exact reason.

On another note, I notice that when I am close to someone who cannot locate the shooter, 9 times out of 10 they are looking in the direction of the "crack" sound. Thats just the bullet whizzing by. I tell them to listen for the deeper "bang" sound which come very shortly after to locate the shooter.

• Like 1