xxgetbuck123

FC-37 -> [F/A-35E] Restoration/JetsDLC Update [WIP]

The point is, if you want the F-35B, you're not getting it from either Aegis or any other BIS-made content. It's a rather though request, because F-35C is actually rather different from F-35B, not only missing the VTOL system and having a tailhook, but also larger, differently shaped wings with folding hinges.

Crikey you blokes really want the F35B haha. To be blunt I probably wont do it, I MIGHT... MIGHT do Chortles F35B if he gives me permission, even then can't guarantee it. Fuller is making an F35B for his USAF Pack, so you'll be getting that, plus his F35A and F35C...........But you wont be getting the F35E ;) haha

As for updates and progress,

>Working on the HUD/HMD/MFD. 

>Exhaust nozzle animations

>Fixing Ejection seats

>Some other stuff that I've genuinely forgot, until I see it of course then I'll remember. 

• Like 3

Really can't wait to see it. :) The original mod was great, it's wonderful to see it working again. I might even try making a campaign centered around it once it's out (whether it'll be any good is another matter :) ).

• Like 2

On 8/5/2017 at 9:26 PM, chortles said:

@Mr. Rad I confess a certain surprise at anyone wanting to update my old port in and of itself instead of taking advantage of the one in CUP Vehicles (derived from my old port)

The CUP one has issues. It also isn't really VTOL. For some reason they changed the VTOL system of your port. It always moves forward on takeoff, and thrust vectors forward when coming in from a vertical landing. One can't hover-taxi it around the deck of a crowded LHD like the old Arma2 "F-35", so you'd need some other mods (such as towing mods) in addition to an LHD mod to make it work. They also don't have a version without wing pylons (ie, something one would use for a stealth version).

On 8/9/2017 at 0:45 PM, xon2 said:

Hrm, the US-Airfoce mod has a F-35b, isn't that a vtol version? Maybe its possible to get their permission and port the vtol code over to the renewed F-37 mod.

EDIT; obviously my brain was not properly synced just now: instead of thinking about hte vtol code of the US Airforce mod, have you taken a look at arma's native vtol implementation? Would it be hard to port that over to this mod?

Well, if the USAF one is released, there would be less demand for another one... but the USAF one isn't released yet AFAIK, despite videos of the WIP (looking pretty darn complete already) being out for well over a year.

The Arma Aegis mod uses the native VTOL implementation as updated for the blackfish/Xian with selectable vectoring amounts (unlike the previous/arma2's autohover setting doing the transition for you). I would just use that mod already if it had a working hud and was standalone/available in a version of the mod that did not modify stock assets.

-To be clear, I like a lot of things about that mod, I just wish it was purely additive.

Its got stealth and external hardpoint versions (I guess with the same/very similar signatures to the corresponding black wasp variants), dynamic loadouts, working VTOL using the stock VTOL system, and a working targeting camera. Its just the hud, first it was a placeholder too small to read, then it was removed completely (he plans to add one, but until then...)

There's also some minor texture quality issues here and there, and the weapon bay model is pretty basic (its just arma2's model, which it seems they never finished since one doesnt see inside the weapon bays in arma 2), but one doens't even see that. And... of course... work on that mod has slowed down and the F-35 isn't the focus of that mod

There were a number of people working on VTOL F-35s, but its late 2017, and they are all either unreleased or in a broken/WIP/outdated state. I'm getting impatient I guess. I'm disappointed by the lack of a VTOL fighter in a game set in 2035, when our best guess is that the F-35 will be the mainstay fighter of western airforces, and the VTOL variant will be the sole fighter for a number of western navies that don't operate CATOBAR carriers (ie, Britain, Spain, Italy, etc)

On 8/9/2017 at 3:46 PM, dragon01 said:

The point is, if you want the F-35B, you're not getting it from either Aegis or any other BIS-made content. It's a rather though request, because F-35C is actually rather different from F-35B, not only missing the VTOL system and having a tailhook, but also larger, differently shaped wings with folding hinges.

Well, mostly Arma has embraced an "armaverse" with fictional but mostly realistic military hardware. This mod isn't the F-35C, its a fictional F-35E. Speaking for myself, what I really want is a VTOL fighter able to compete with the other multi-role fighters (not necessarily be equal to, but close enough to be a threat/fill in for them). I'd have no problem seeing a mod for a fictional VTOL F-35F with a larger wing with folding joints. Changing the model and animations for VTOL would be the hardest part and I don't know how much "copy and paste" could be done to make use of/incoprorate the old arma2 content

On 8/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, xxgetbuck123 said:

MIGHT do Chortles F35B if he gives me permission, even then can't guarantee it. Fuller is making an F35B for his USAF Pack, so you'll be getting that, plus his F35A and F35C...........But you wont be getting the F35E ;) haha

I think he already has, at this point I wouldn't expect you to take the F-35E model you have and change it to VTOL. As already noted, there are others working on VTOL F-35s, even though progress seems slow, it seems like a bad idea to try and pass them with a new model.

A quick update to an old addon without any new 3d modelling or such may be another story.

But maybe patience is simply the key.... I just hope to see a nice, working, up to date vtol 5th gen fighter before arma 4 is announced.

@chortles

On 8/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, xxgetbuck123 said:

Crikey you blokes really want the F35B haha. To be blunt I probably wont do it, I MIGHT... MIGHT do Chortles F35B if he gives me permission, even then can't guarantee it. Fuller is making an F35B for his USAF Pack, so you'll be getting that, plus his F35A and F35C...........But you wont be getting the F35E ;) haha

Please give him permission :D

If I may comment. The USAF mods F35B will be in the upcoming update. We could have released it yes but we don't believe in giving a toy and that toy can't function correctly. We want the latest and greatest on there. So as buck said it's coming and you won't regret the wait.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2017 at 4:24 PM, SGT Fuller said:

If I may comment. The USAF mods F35B will be in the upcoming update. We could have released it yes but we don't believe in giving a toy and that toy can't function correctly. We want the latest and greatest on there. So as buck said it's coming and you won't regret the wait.

yall are still working on USAF I thought yall quit and left the mod to die a few years ago?

5 minutes ago, ghostrider4515 said:

yall are still working on USAF I thought yall quit and left the mod to die a few years ago?

You may want to to go check out their mod topic, as its quite active -  https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/180829-united-states-air-force-2015

Now lets return to the topic in hand.

• Like 4

Can't wait to see this completed! Keep up the great work man!

1 hour ago, caleb from the bible said:

question, where are you going to post this? Are you going to post this on the steam workshop?

ps: amazing work

Probably Steam. A bit undecided at the moment, but it will most likely be the base platforms. 

U got dis m8. if I may ask (feel free to throw me out the window if not), are we getting to "Soon(TM)" or is it still "When it's done"

11 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

U got dis m8. if I may ask (feel free to throw me out the window if not), are we getting to "Soon(TM)" or is it still "When it's done"

How about you don't ask, you should know that asking such questions is counted as spam on these forums. I am sure it will be ready when its ready and not before. I can appreciate you may want the addon released, but addon making is a hobby to most, which means unfortunately real life gets in the way sometimes. 

• Like 1

Hey Hvymtal!

Good question. I should be working on this but indeed real life is getting in the way, in a good way. Which also keeps me from making good progress on my own LLW mod

It would have been nice of me as a developer, to let the fans know about that.

I hope to add a new feature we have planned, by the end of the year.

Release I cannot decide about.

• Like 1

Hey,

Just checking in to see how things are going.  I love the Thunder and can't wait to see it updated to Jets compatibility.  As another Australian, I'm also curious to know the odds of a RAAF-themed skin... ;)

On 30/11/2017 at 11:36 PM, Psyfer said:

Hey,

Just checking in to see how things are going.  I love the Thunder and can't wait to see it updated to Jets compatibility.  As another Australian, I'm also curious to know the odds of a RAAF-themed skin... ;)

G'day Mate

Yea things are still progressing. Getting some final fixes and possibly some changes to the new HUD/MFD setup, then I can finally post some updates. As currently nothing worthy of an update has been done yet haha 

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Just like in science,...''no result is a result afterall''....no news is better than no news at all :)

Can't wait for this dude.

One question: Is the exterior final on your banner? I see the TGP under the cockpit is grey, ins't it supposed to be a gold-ish glass piece?

Is this project still being worked on, If so I hope its done soon cause it looks great. 

3 hours ago, _Time_To_Die_ said:

Is this project still being worked on, If so I hope its done soon cause it looks great. 

Yes it is mate. Just doing some IRL stuff atm so its development is rather slow 

On 29/01/2018 at 1:04 AM, xxgetbuck123 said:

Yes it is mate. Just doing some IRL stuff atm so its development is rather slow 

2 Questions, 1. Is the E/A-35 Storm a real thing? I heard about a electronic warfare F-35 but is it actually planned and to even have that name? 2. Is there any chance for a alpha/beta version to come out or a preview video showing off all this mod has to offer?

1 hour ago, _Time_To_Die_ said:

2 Questions, 1. Is the E/A-35 Storm a real thing? I heard about a electronic warfare F-35 but is it actually planned and to even have that name? 2. Is there any chance for a alpha/beta version to come out or a preview video showing off all this mod has to offer?

1. No its not real (not that we know of anyway)

2. I recorded a video yesterday of the new HUD/MFD stuff but then realised it was corrupt when I went to edit it so looks like I'll have to do it again. Alpha/beta, maybe, I dont really like releasing shit that's half done.