xxgetbuck123

FC-37 -> [F/A-35E] Restoration/JetsDLC Update [WIP]

2 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Phenomenal work mate, keep it up.

Cheers mate appreciate the feedback! Wish I could get it out to all of you quicker but lack of knowledge when it comes to modding means I have to consistently ask people how to do shit, so it takes time. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Cheers mate appreciate the feedback! Wish I could get it out to all of you quicker but lack of knowledge when it comes to modding means I have to consistently ask people how to do shit, so it takes time. 

In Germany we say "gut Ding will Weile haben"

• Like 2

The screenshots in the OP genuinely look better quality than the upcoming f35 in the jets DLC

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

The screenshots in the OP genuinely look better quality than the upcoming f35 in the jets DLC

The F-181 Black Wasp coming with Jets DLC isn't an F-35.

It's an F-18 fuselage kitbashed with the F-22's tail assembly, wings and engines.

• Like 1

Well, it's not quite that simple. The fuselage lines are about half and half between the F-22 and F-18, the inlets are definitely super hornet, while the nose is a stealthified F-18/elongated f-22. It's quite clever how they did it. Honestly, we can't judge the F/A-181 for looks just yet, the screenshots and video don't really show that much, BIS models are very good at balancing loks with optimization, and considering Saul was a major influence on the project (likely how we got our Horaptor in the first place) I'd doubt we'd be lacking anything in quality. If anything, these aircraft will be perfect complements to each other, the F-35 being the somewhat lighter, more strike-oriented plane while the F/A-181, while definitely capable of pounding with the best of them, is more focused on air to air, much like how the Bug and Turkey were a perfect pair, or the Viper and Strike Eagle, Fulcrum and Flanker, etc, and we aren't even considering the UCAV Sentinel

I'm eagerly anticipating the release of the Jets planes onto the dev branch, but alas, if its mid march we'll probably be waiting till mid-late april. I wonder if they'll find a way to cleverly incorporate afterburners, they've already went to a percentage throttle, adding AB zones would be quite nice for these fast planes; no more laggy script-based afterburners would be great 

Is the "things to do" list in the OP current? It seems that Jets DLC will provide vanilla solutions for almost everything in there (except for realistic sounds and additional skins). 

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Is the "things to do" list in the OP current? It seems that Jets DLC will provide vanilla solutions for almost everything in there (except for realistic sounds and additional skins). 

I'll be adding pretty much all of the Jets DLC stuff to the aircraft at some point. As for the sounds the current Jets DLC ones are pretty good so I might just use them for the time being. 

7 hours ago, dragon01 said:

There are additional skins, if you right click on any of the three Jets you should see an option to "Change Vehicle appearance", you will be taken to the virtual garage whereupon you can change the scheme.

Sorry about the off topic post, I was going to PM but thought more people might like to know, it can be changed should you desire.

• Like 2

I know. What I meant was that Jets DLC won't cause additional skins to magically make themselves. :) We all know about the Virtual Garage (I think it's a clumsy way of handling texture selection, but it works. It'd be better if loadout could be edited in there, as well), but somebody still has to make the textures.

2 hours ago, nodunit said:

There are additional skins, if you right click on any of the three Jets you should see an option to "Change Vehicle appearance", you will be taken to the virtual garage whereupon you can change the scheme.

Sorry about the off topic post, I was going to PM but thought more people might like to know, it can be changed should you desire.

All good mate.

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

I know. What I meant was that Jets DLC won't cause additional skins to magically make themselves. :) We all know about the Virtual Garage (I think it's a clumsy way of handling texture selection, but it works. It'd be better if loadout could be edited in there, as well), but somebody still has to make the textures.

I so far have 3 skins working. I'll probably release a base PSD template for people to work with if they want to make their own, everything will be pre-layered kinda thing, just need to add all the juicy colours etc.. 

Generic US Navy

VFA-101 US Navy 

VFA-805 AUS Navy

• Like 1

Just wondering if its possible to move the cannon to the right wing root as the model already incorporates it, it just isn't implemented.

3 hours ago, jojomoko12 said:

Just wondering if its possible to move the cannon to the right wing root as the model already incorporates it, it just isn't implemented.

Negative. The model doesn't actually incorporate it. Plus this is Block Upgrade of the F35C which has the Gunpod. 

• Like 1

Im still surprised at how good the OG one was, glad to see it updated with all the new Jets DLC stuff.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to your 'freshly peeled' F-35. Your absolutely right, this is aesthetically one of the best models for arma 3. If this becomes a fully carrier capable+vtol model with all the awesome jazz like properly working tgp, real life pulsating anti-collision lights, ingame loadout menu (like firewill's stuff) and the new jets sensors implemented in the big ass mfd...probably the nicest airframe in the game by then. Have you found some goodies in the new jets dlc code yet?

By the way, i think your right on: ....better get it right and polished, then getting it out quickly. Besides, we have the new jets coming  to play with soon, so waiting for this updated F-35 ain't hurting that much i reckon.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, xon2 said:

Really looking forward to your 'freshly peeled' F-35. Your absolutely right, this is aesthetically one of the best models for arma 3. If this becomes a fully carrier capable+vtol model with all the awesome jazz like properly working tgp, real life pulsating anti-collision lights, ingame loadout menu (like firewill's stuff) and the new jets sensors implemented in the big ass mfd...probably the nicest airframe in the game by then. Have you found some goodies in the new jets dlc code yet?

By the way, i think your right on: ....better get it right and polished, then getting it out quickly. Besides, we have the new jets coming  to play with soon, so waiting for this updated F-35 ain't hurting that much i reckon.

Will only be the CTOL version not VTOL. 

But yea as for what you said

Working tgp = Already done

Pulsating anti-collision lights = they work static but I'll look into pulsating good idea!

Ingame loadout menu = Will be using the USAF missile box for that when its done, will probably do a FIR missilebox version as well at some point

New jets sensor stuff = Already done 

^^ In the MFD = Dont think its possible, but I'll look into it.

As for the goodies, yea its already got some juicy stuff, I've implemented the working PhysX suspension, its compatible with the new USS Freedom including Catapult, arresting hook and I'm in the middle of implementing the new Ejection system :) 

Will post a proper update in the future once I have photos and gifs etc to show. 

• Like 6

Sorry for double post... actually do I need to say sorry on my own thread haha. Anyway, I got a little Aircraft Carrier update for you all

Catapult Gif --------------

https://gyazo.com/162067b618083f9460ad44873e20d2a6 - 1st person

https://gyazo.com/9e7595831d3cb3539869f2b4d271c381 - 3rd person

*Note* Still needs a tiny bit of tweaking in terms of catapult launch velocity etc.. but overall it works :) 

Arresting cable Gif --------------- 

https://gyazo.com/d5f9e9bc57523d4c58d9170d5cb86fcc

*Note* Still have to tweak some settings like cable force, how fast it slows you down etc.. but overall working as intended :) 

The PhysX suspension is working as intended, however again it needs a bit of tweaking to make it nice and perfect, so all you nubs out there can slam it on the deck if you really have to ;) 

Enjoy. 

• Like 4

You are doing an awesome job mate.

Wish I could have been more of a help than I was so far!

• Like 1

Concerning skins. Will you keep the beautiful darksih-grey skin of the original release? I really like that over the more brighter greys. I guess variety is king :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xon2 said:

Concerning skins. Will you keep the beautiful darksih-grey skin of the original release? I really like that over the more brighter greys. I guess variety is king :)

Depends on the nation that you're doing the skin for really. Some nations use a darker grey, some use a lighter grey. 

• Like 1

For US planes will you do a camo option to complement the other BIS planes or will it be grey only?