xxgetbuck123

FC-37 -> [F/A-35E] Restoration/JetsDLC Update [WIP]

This is looking incredible so far.  Nice job so far! :D

I'd be more than willing to assist in the audio portion of the mod, just hmu if you want. 

RNLAF Livery please :D

Old mate Pinaz already has his F35A skin pack which works on this, however I will still most likely be making my own skins for this as well, at some point you can expect a RNLAF livery however a RAAF one has to come first ;) 

Would you please give it the ability to fold up the wings. I know this doesn't apply but it even has the 2 separate parts of the wings already on the model. If you can't or don't want to no worries just I wanted to ask. 

Currently it already has the option to fold the wings however its only available @ under 20km/h and you do not get the user action when on he Nimitz deck as its too high off of the water so I'll have to adjust some numbers. But yes its already there.  

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, got no idea how you quote people over 2 pages..

So will the loadout be fully customisable ?

Yes it will come with some sort of loadout menu, however it will probably be the last thing done/added as currently I'd rather a working aircraft than working bombs and missiles atm. 

will it be using firewills AWS or johnSpartans service menu 

At this current time it is undecided. Currently, as Foxone said, it's using the default FC37 missile box atm. I'm waiting for the next release of the USAF missile box and see what that contains, as I've been told its worth it, so I'll wait out on that. I'll be choosing the missile box that best suits the aircrafts needs and suitability. 

This is looking incredible so far.  Nice job so far! :D

I'd be more than willing to assist in the audio portion of the mod, just hmu if you want. 

Cheers mate! I've been fucking around with the sounds myself atm and have gotten some good results however its mainly just mix and matching the BI sounds and adding shit to em. Currently sounds aren't a massive issue, but I'll keep you in mind :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Also Cheers to all the people who answered questions for me, I may have answered them again for a more cement confirmation however I still appreciate it! :) 

Why not? F-35C is definitely on table for use by USMC. I don't think he was asking for the F-35B, but rather a USMC skin for F-35C.

Why not? F-35C is definitely on table for use by USMC. I don't think he was asking for the F-35B, but rather a USMC skin for F-35C.

i would like to see a usmc skin

Well its your lucky day since I just realised that the currently VFA101 livery I have on it is a USMC aircraft, I must have accidentally put NAVY on the back instead of MARINES.. Well should I say the non CAG version, i.e, the greyscale one is USMC while the CAG coloured version I have done already is NAVY.

Thanks for picking this back up from MANW. Great timeless model on the community. Best of luck.

Will be following your thread Getbuck.  

Any plans for a more realistic paint scheme? For example, a low profile paint like the ones the F-22's have, based on the idea the F-35's probably wouldn't have that much color in the emblems and marking due to the stealth nature of the radar absorbent paint? In other words a more discrete theme?

Any plans for a more realistic paint scheme? For example, a low profile paint like the ones the F-22's have, based on the idea the F-35's probably wouldn't have that much color in the emblems and marking due to the stealth nature of the radar absorbent paint? In other words a more discrete theme?

Of course.

I will most likely release with the following skins. 

USN VFA-101 Hi Vis

USN VFA-101 Low Vis

RAAF 2OCU

RAAF No.1 Sqn

RAAF No. 3 Sqn

RAAF No. 6 Sqn

RAAF No. 75 Sqn

RAAF No. 77 Sqn

• Like 1

G'day peeps

Quick update for those who are wondering. I am still working on this, just very very slowly due to IRL stuff plus a few little issues with packing the pbo. But apart from that once all my IRL stuff if sorted I shall be back to working on this a lot more. 

Cheers. 

• Like 4

This looks good! Any chance an RAF/RN skin can be added to your list.

I know the RAF aren't ordering the 'C' but it will probably be a good option for British units.

so far screenshots look great, cant wait to try this in game.

• Like 1

This looks good! Any chance an RAF/RN skin can be added to your list.

I know the RAF aren't ordering the 'C' but it will probably be a good option for British units.

Cause the scheme is similar to the RAAF stuff its possible, but on release whenever that happens maybe or maybe not. Also this being an F35E and not the C I can really give this aircraft to any country. 

• Like 2

Hi Getbuck

We spoke before. I have some info regarding HMD symbology now. First hand straight from own experience.

If we combine what I know from the F16, we'll get prettt close to the real thing. And there is nothing restricted or secret about it.

• Like 1

Hi Getbuck

We spoke before. I have some info regarding HMD symbology now. First hand straight from own experience.

If we combine what I know from the F16, we'll get prettt close to the real thing. And there is nothing restricted or secret about it.

G'day again mate. 

Yea that would be nice. The current HMD is pretty good though not sure if close to the real thing. Plus I got no idea how to make HMDs/HUDs so that will be interesting :P Do you have any info on the EOTS camera in terms of what it looks like on the screen? That could be done by rsc or whatever its called + a bit of photoshop. Either way sounds good mate. 

Well due to the low performance of Arma's PiP I'd say use that as an eye candy. Arma had a 'pilot camera'. Go with that and update some display in your Cockpit with the camera state.

I can help with the HMD. But Kimi would be the best choice for creating it. He's the Yoda of HMD mods.

add me (again) on steam.

Quick small update for the local people. 

I would like to welcome old mate Crielaard to the now 2 man team. His wealth of knowledge in fighter flying, aircraft system, general knowledge + arma 3 modding will hopefully help this little project be even more awesome come release (whenever that is). Crielaard is currently doing some small work on making the HMD more in line with the real F35 HMD also the EOTS TGT Camera so you can have a more immersive experience. 

Also, the new Jets DLC sensor stuff, hit points and custom info additions will eventually be added to this aircraft as well. With Crielaards knowledge hopefully bring all those things more in line with the real F35 as well for a more full experience when flying. 

Unfortunately no physical model updates or anything atm.

Cheers.  

• Like 1

Update again

Well bad news everyone. I reinstalled A3 tools and it deleted everything off of my P drive included this particular mod, so now I pretty much have to start from the very beginning again. rip me, so don't expect this to come out anytime soon that's for sure....

f.gif

If there's a way I can work around this, then I'll do that but currently.. yeah, start all over again. 

gg

No panic just yet. Your files should still be available in "user\documents\Arma3Work".

3 hours ago, lennard said:

No panic just yet. Your files should still be available in "user\documents\Arma3Work".

I have an 'Arma 3 Projects' file but its empty. Absolutely nothing in it.