xxgetbuck123

FC-37 -> [F/A-35E] Restoration/JetsDLC Update [WIP]

8Y6GO5L.png

G'day ladies and gents

Today I bring to you the WIP thread of the F/A-35E Thunder, which is a new and improved export version of the FC37 which is based on the F35C. I decided to start this restoration project as I've always loved the FC37 and F35 airframe in general and was always a little disappointed this aircraft never got updated and that people were missing out on its potential for Milsim or whatnot. I also thought I'd do this as the FC37 was an open source project and I have no idea on how to make models etc, only config stuff to a degree, so it wasn't a massive task for the mediocre modder I am :P

Feel free to suggest ideas or additions I could possibly add to the aircraft, also if you have any FC37 skins laying around be sure to share them around as I could either add them to the mod itself or endorse an F/A-35E skin pack. Please try refrain from asking when this will be released, I'll most likely release it when everything has been added as I don't want to release a half assed mod that I'll have to update every 5mins, rather do it in one big shot, and adding all this shouldn't take long with the help I have. Patience is key

Here are a few screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/KsaIC

Features/Fixes currently added ------------------------------------

- Fixed the Nimitz landing problems

- Fixed Script error with gunpod

- Added TGT Camera

- Added Sonic Boom SFX (Added by BOI)

- Added G Force breathing SFX

- Added Weapons Safe Mode

- Added Afterburner

- Added Hidden selections 

- Added PhysX suspension

- Added Throttle animation

- Added Jets DLC Sensor network

- Added Jets DLC Dynamic Loadouts

- Added Jets DLC Aircraft Carrier Compatibility

- Added Jets DLC Aircraft hitpoints

- Changed Gunpod ammo count to what it actually is (225 from sources)

Features/Fixes in the works/planned ------------------------------------

- Add TGT Camera PIP to MFD display

- Add BIO Ejection seat

- Add 3x base F35E Skins

- Add exhaust nozzle animations

- Add new HUD/HMD features

- Add new MFD features

Extended plans ------------------------------------

- E/A-35G Storm (Electronic Warfare)

Special thanks to (so far)

- _Olli for this ever so sexual FC37 model and the original source jazz

- The entire EA-18G team for their support and assistance

- SGT Fuller for general help/info

- Firewill for general help/info

- Pook for his open source EF2000 Sonic Boom

- John & Saul for their afterburner

- Pinaz specifically for afterburner implementation and hidden selections 

- Lala for Dynamic Loadouts stuff

• Like 26

Great to hear that someone's working on this. Why the designation change, though? If it's an F-35, why not call it that? If anything, I'd get rid of the "FC", as it implies it's a cargo aircraft with a secondary role as a fighter. :) F-37 or F/A-37 (doesn't conform to the real designation system, but after Hornet the military seems to like it) would work better.

Great to hear that someone's working on this. Why the designation change, though? If it's an F-35, why not call it that? If anything, I'd get rid of the "FC", as it implies it's a cargo aircraft with a secondary role as a fighter. :) F-37 or F/A-37 (doesn't conform to the real designation system, but after Hornet the military seems to like it) would work better.

Fuller is working on the F35C so no real point naming it the exact same thing. Plus, you could take it as an export variant of the F-35C but with a different designation. 

F-35C Lighting

FC-35 Thunder

• Like 2

Glad I can help brother please let me know if I can be of service more.

• Like 2

Glad I can help brother please let me know if I can be of service more.

Cheers mate will do, appreciate it :)

--------------------------------------

Designation change once again as more than one person has informed me of the FC aircraft designation in the US Arsenal thus I've changed it to the F/A-35E (Export), which will hopefully at a later stage have textures suitable for nations other than the US. I also added future plans of the E/A-35G Storm, an electronic warfare version of the aircraft. 

Good luck on the project!

I'm not sure if you've been following the F/A18 topic but Tetet took over from John and Saul.

Maybe you could ask Tetet

• Like 1

I've always have been a fan of the Stealth and Spherical Coverage on the F-35 from the USAF 2015 mod. Would love to see those features implemented.

• Like 1

I've always have been a fan of the Stealth and Spherical Coverage on the F-35 from the USAF 2015 mod. Would love to see those features implemented.

I'd have to ask Fuller for permission first. Yes they would be great features to have but I'll have to use what I have for the time being. 

I'd have to ask Fuller for permission first. Yes they would be great features to have but I'll have to use what I have for the time being. 

We have already discussed this and i have informed him that the scripts on the USAF mod version as well as the F35B and F35C will stay with the mod and those aircraft.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Looking good. It's a shame olli 'only' did the one model for arma. Would've loved to see him stick around. His F35 is gorgeous, surpassing vanilla quality honestly. 

• Like 1

Update 1 -

- Added VFA-101 Livery!

Spent all yesterday making it, here are some phat screens. In the process of adding afterburner as well, thanks to John, Saul and Pinaz. 

http://imgur.com/a/mml52

• Like 10

Update 2 - 

- Added Afterburner (Thanks to old mate Pinaz <3 ) 

- Managed to fix the Nimitz landing problems! [You can now land on the Nimitz without the jet hitting the shit or blowing up. Just need to fine tune the flight model a bit more for landings though and some addition testing. (Thanks to old mate Pinaz again!)]

- Added hidden selections for afterburner and main body! (Thanks to this bloke called Pinaz once again! Might as well hand the project over to him haha :P ) 

Here are some afterburner screens! 

http://imgur.com/a/1lLmi

• Like 5

Out of curiosity, are you using the original weapons that came with Olli's model, or will you integrate Firewill's weapons pack?

Out of curiosity, are you using the original weapons that came with Olli's model, or will you integrate Firewill's weapons pack?

Currently just using the weapons that came with it, however I'm not really a fan on having dependencies so I might try a work around. Haven't fully decided yet. 

• Like 1

Would you please give it the ability to fold up the wings. I know this doesn't apply but it even has the 2 separate parts of the wings already on the model. If you can't or don't want to no worries just I wanted to ask. 

Get the texture pack for the USAF Mod F-35, it has RNALF and other schemes.

And then I need the USAF mod.

I want this one.

will it be using firewills AWS or johnSpartans service menu 

Already said aswell, please try to read the thread. but the awnser is, that at the moment it will use the missilebox the FC-37 came with in the original mod