I would take my time, but I sit down to work on it for a little bit, which turns into 4+ hours, which turns into random videos at 3:30am, which all inevitably turns into progress...so I estimate it won't take me bery long to hash all this stuff out, mind you it's not every last feature that I want to release with, I just want to get this out there for bugs and MP stability reports, and release some of the other features as it goes along.

Like seriously, worked for like 3.5 hours straight without getting the stupid overlay working, and at 3:25am, got it working, made a video, posted it, and went to bed. <-This is now my nightly routine...

• Like 3

My attempt at an overlay using only ingame ppeffects.....BEWARE, more goat death....sorry about that!  :P

VxEefaT.jpg

YJgvQQP.jpg?1

Unfortunately the limitations of the ppeffects make it impossible to create 2 "holes" that would simulate looking through goggles....unless of course there is a way to execute 2 post process effects simultaneously......

s694GU8.jpg

3HPf5WB.jpg

jshock, sorry for spamming the thread with full size pics.  :blush:

• Like 2

Hey man, WIP is all bout them pics n' vids, and I guess my statement earlier implied that I care about goats, this is not the case :thumb:.

@Evil Organ: I appreciate you taking the time to try out making the overlay via PP, but the reason I won't pursue it is the fact that (at least to my knowledge) PP can be demanding after a while, and depending on the user's computer, could be detrimental to gameplay overall. And with this mod (mostly one big script), to make it work properly it evaluates heavily and constantly, so I'm afraid of adding any more unnecessary weight where I don't have to. That's why the display route in my slightly educated opinion would be better in this case, but your PP is spot on for sure, glad to have guys like you, Zarg, and Lft around to pick up the pieces where I can't.

Speaking of Lft, Evil's PP for the environment overshadowed your overlays, they look great as well, will be getting those in as soon as possible.

• Like 1

That's completely cool man, it's clear we all enjoy playing around with this awesome sandbox, and i have already learned a few neat tricks over the last 24 hours using ppeffects!

Regarding performance using in game post process effects, the impact is minimal to zero, I believe it's the use of particle effects that can reduce a mission to slideshow after a while.  :)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing where this goes.....enjoy burning that midnight oil man!

• Like 1

That's completely cool man, it's clear we all enjoy playing around with this awesome sandbox, and i have already learned a few neat tricks over the last 24 hours using ppeffects!

Regarding performance using in game post process effects, the impact is minimal to zero, I believe it's the use of particle effects that can reduce a mission to slideshow after a while.  :)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing where this goes.....enjoy burning that midnight oil man!

Yup, my brain ain't working at the moment, particle is what I was thinking, but PP was on the tounge (or fingers in this case). And that burning oil is starting to smell terrible, but I guess that's the smell of success I'm just not used to it yet :D.

Ltfs overlays look good. I made a 3 tube one for gpnvgs awhile back

Those type of overlays Definately adds to the atmosphere....

Keep it up guys

Well, the overlays are looking pretty damn good:

4drdMAc.jpg

WGPVxIE.jpg

cJeCfUI.jpg

I've got the environment effects working, as far as them turning on/off when entering/leaving an area, but they in no way look like your pictures Evil, would those be affected by client side video settings by chance or am I screwing up the implementation possibly? I did change the priority values a little (cause I did have some small time PP effects for when you start to get damaged by the area without a mask), but I don't think that would change the fact the effects don't look right either. See video below:

Here is the function that adds the effects:

/*/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Author: J.Shock

File: fn_addEnviroEffects.sqf
Parameters: none
Return: none

*///////////////////////////////////////////////
switch (JSHK_contam_enviroEffectsType) do 
{
	case 0:
	{
		_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",1200];
		_chrom ppEffectEnable true;
		_chrom ppEffectAdjust [-0.02,0,true];
		_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
		_dyna = ppEffectCreate ["DynamicBlur",1500];
		_dyna ppEffectEnable true;
		_dyna ppEffectAdjust [0.03];
		_dyna ppEffectCommit 0;
		_film = ppEffectCreate ["FilmGrain",2000];
		_film ppEffectEnable true;
		_film ppEffectAdjust [0.12,1.52,3.54,2,2,true];
		_film ppEffectCommit 0;
		_unit setVariable ["JSHK_contam_enviroEffects_enabled",[_chrom,_dyna,_film]];
	};
	case 1:
	{
		_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",1200];
		_chrom ppEffectAdjust [-1,-1,true];
		_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
		_dyna ppEffectAdjust [0.41];
		_dyna ppEffectCommit 0;
		_film ppEffectAdjust [1,4.5,4.08,2,2,true];
		_film ppEffectCommit 0;
	};
	case 2:
	{
		_wet = ppEffectCreate ["WetDistortion",1300];
		_wet ppEffectEnable true;
		_wet ppEffectAdjust [-10,0,0.03,5,5,5,5,-1,-1,-1,-1,2,2,5,5];
		_wet ppEffectCommit 0;
		_dyna ppEffectAdjust [0.36];
		_dyna ppEffectCommit 0;
		_unit setVariable ["JSHK_contam_enviroEffects_enabled",[_wet,_dyna]];
	};
	default {};
};
  • Like 1

Those overlays look real good man.....the only downside is a don't see any sacrificial goats in any of those pics... :P  

Regarding the ppeffects values, in cases 0 and 1, both ChromAberration and DynamicBlur ppEffectCreate have been increased by 1000, the same for case 2, WetDistortion and DynamicBlur ppEffectCreate have also been increased by 1000, and given that all these values return very subtle differences an increase of 1000 will fubar the end result.

Here is the amended function:

/*/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Author: J.Shock

File: fn_addEnviroEffects.sqf
Parameters: none
Return: none

*///////////////////////////////////////////////
switch (JSHK_contam_enviroEffectsType) do
{
case 0:
{
_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",200];
_chrom ppEffectAdjust [-0.02,0,true];
_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
_dyna = ppEffectCreate ["DynamicBlur",500];
_dyna ppEffectAdjust [0.03];
_dyna ppEffectCommit 0;
_film ppEffectAdjust [0.12,1.52,3.54,2,2,true];
_film ppEffectCommit 0;
};
case 1:
{
_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",200];
_chrom ppEffectAdjust [-1,-1,true];
_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
_dyna ppEffectAdjust [0.41];
_dyna ppEffectCommit 0;
_film ppEffectAdjust [1,4.5,4.08,2,2,true];
_film ppEffectCommit 0;
};
case 2:
{
_wet = ppEffectCreate ["WetDistortion",300];
_wet ppEffectEnable true;
_wet ppEffectAdjust [-10,0,0.03,5,5,5,5,-1,-1,-1,-1,2,2,5,5];
_wet ppEffectCommit 0;
_dyna ppEffectAdjust [0.36];
_dyna ppEffectCommit 0;
_unit setVariable ["JSHK_contam_enviroEffects_enabled",[_wet,_dyna]];
};
default {};
}; 

The only other settings in my pics and vids would be changes to the weather settings, time of day, overcast skies with some fog etc....my video display settings are more or less default values.   

Ok, but what about that brownish/yellow, whatever damn color that you have in your screenshots? Is that just a filter you used outside of the game or is that supposed to happen in game as well, cause I'm definitely not getting that (as the video suggests). And those values I changed were just the priority of the ppEffects, I kept the priority sequence the same, just changed the priority values, but anyhow....changed them back why I changed them in the first place is beyond me..... :D. (Looks about the same as the video even after changing it back to the original values)

But with the filter or whatever (if there is one), would that theoretically be the "atmosphere" in the area or at least was that your intent? Honestly it's just the color that's tripping me up atm, lol, and it may help to have a video from your end on how the other two effects react to the player movement and such as well :D.

Gotcha'....will post additional info regarding the color effect once i get back from work today, but your right the color change is to simulate a post-apo feel, should have been clearer about that, my bad.  

Gotcha'....will post additional info regarding the color effect once i get back from work today, but your right the color change is to simulate a post-apo feel, should have been clearer about that, my bad.  

Your're all good, this is just my lack of knowledge on ppEffects coming out, cause I would have known that there was something missing without nagging you about it, lol. Again, appreciate it all though :D.

Outside of that, all the effects are working as intended, I have also got the other gear checks in place (checking for uniforms and vests), at the moment, I have not implemented specific settings for specific areas, I'm still trying to decide how to handle that from both an efficiency scale and accessibility standpoint.

I tought the glass layer on first overlay was too thick so i made it more transparent, but looks like it was a mistake. I will post them with thicker glass layers.

Here, try these:

vZ42G6.png

1NdWbp.png

LQ3zMG.png

• Like 2

The pictures and video from my earlier post were taken from a mission that runs a ColorCorrection from the init.sqf.....then the "zone" ppeffects were applied on top of that from the debug console. 

Here is the a link to the init.sqf with the color correction I used for the screenshots and video.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/np2uo4ckh2k7u8a/init.sqf?dl=0

Regarding the "wet" rad rain effect, to achieve the look from the video, the overcast values must be set to between 90-100%.....otherwise it looks like shit.   :lol:

I tought the glass layer on first overlay was too thick so i made it more transparent, but looks like it was a mistake. I will post them with thicker glass layers.

Yea, I was kind of thinking the same, but I was like f**k it, let it ride, haters will hate :). Will update later today.

@The Villianous Organ, too bad the wet effect can't look good (or at least acceptable) without so much overcast, but I have a simple fix; wait for it to be raining in game to enact the effect ;). Will update later today.

Boy oh boy guys this look amazing. I can't wait until you have a working public version to get this into my Day Of The Dead series, we have been looking for a good chemical, gas effect for some time now.

I do apologize if this has been covered but do you plan on making this mod compatible with Hidden Identity V2? and its gas masks?

Boy oh boy guys this look amazing. I can't wait until you have a working public version to get this into my Day Of The Dead series, we have been looking for a good chemical, gas effect for some time now.

I do apologize if this has been covered but do you plan on making this mod compatible with Hidden Identity V2? and its gas masks?

Short answer is it's already done.

There are no dependencies with this mod, everthing is user defined (or just about everything) through modules.

Yea, I was kind of thinking the same, but I was like f**k it, let it ride, haters will hate :). Will update later today.

@The Villianous Organ, too bad the wet effect can't look good (or at least acceptable) without so much overcast, but I have a simple fix; wait for it to be raining in game to enact the effect ;). Will update later today.

Please if you or anyone have a suggestion about overlays just tell me and i will try.

Since you asked for ideas....down the road an NBC suit could really set the stage just right...call_of_duty_ghost_federation_hazmat_by_

Oh that's beautiful. 

• Like 1

Oh that's beautiful. 

I hope you know that doesn't coming with this mod  :lol:

• Like 1

I can rustle up another "wet" effect that looks good during good weather, easily done, just need to reign in a few values. I have another cool one that creates a refracted light effect, looks pretty neat through an overlay.

Will post later tonight.  ;)

• Like 1

I hope you know that doesn't coming with this mod  :lol:

I do, but its still pretty :P but the files for it and some other great ones are available for download to any skilled modder who wants to make dreams come true http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/593693983(mediafire download links in the comments of the images)

I do, but its still pretty :P but the files for it and some other great ones are available for download to any skilled modder who wants to make dreams come true http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/593693983(mediafire download links in the comments of the images)

I won't lie, if someone made one from ripped content i would use the shit out of em. But as you can see we are in an official forum and this kind of stuff is forbidden here.

• Like 1

I won't lie, if someone made one from ripped content i would use the shit out of em. But as you can see we are in an official forum and this kind of stuff is forbidden here.

I wouldn't use it anyhow, I'll only use stuff that explicity states I can.

• Like 1

My post was just a "suggested" content that would be cool to have as "immersion factor" for mission maker. That was the first image resembling what I had in mind, as far as a bio-suit goes, that come up googling it.It never cross my mind to ask anyone to "import" illegal content. I wish I could create a model like that..but I could try to learn how to retext some existing model...although the oxygen tank would be a problem, since it doesn't exist in Arma....